You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something Is Watching Me

Real Ghost Stories

Something Is Watching Me

 

Before my bed room was mine, it was the upstairs living room and even then, I knew that there was something weird about it. So when it became my room... I found out how strange and creepy it really was. I was about 5 or 6 when my Mom and Dad re-did the upstairs living room to make it my new bed room. It was a few months after all the weird stuff started to happen.

When things did start happen in my new room, I got scared and I would go downstairs, tell my mom about it and every time my Mom would just tell me to go back to sleep and it will be fine. I remember lots of things happening in my bed room at night that was ghostly, but the one that still happens to me to this day is having that feeling of someone watching you!

I remember every night before I went to bed, I hated it, because when I went to bed and turned off all the lights, I would lay there in bed with the feeling of someone watching me, knowing that no one was in the room. So I would constantly look up at my door (which was always open) knowing that someone not human was standing there. I knew this thing that was watching me wasn't human, more like a friendly ghost or something. At first I would get so freaked out and go down stairs and tell my Mom and of course the same thing happened, where my Mom told me just to go back to sleep. So after a while I just didn't get that scared by it anymore. I mean, from all the other stuff that was happening to me at that time in that room, there was no reason to get scared anymore!

Of course like every other night, I prepared myself for bed knowing that my friendly ghost was going to watch me, but this night wasn't like all the others, it was different. The feeling or energy that I felt in my room was different. It was like an angry, sadness, depressing feeling and now I really didn't want to sleep in my room! I did anyway and at first, I was just scaring myself and I calmed down, than the feeling of being watched came. But this feeling wasn't like all the others... I felt like a really mean thing was watching me, like it was planning to hurt me or something! It was a really mean and violent thing and I was terrified of it! I knew this wasn't the normal thing that watches me because the normal thing is nice, I could tell and this wasn't!

I was really scared by this time so I looked up at my doorway and I saw this huge black blob standing there! As soon as I looked at it, it quickly zoomed away! The black blob was in a man's shape and not only did it feel evil, it looked evil! I still felt it and I knew it was still there, so I hid under my covers. Or as I like to call it "blankie forcefield". I was frozen under the covers for about a minute before I got up and ran as fast as I could out of my room. I told my Mom what happened and she finally let me sleep with her that night.

After that night I never felt that angry sprit again. I still feel that thing watching me when I sleep, but by now I found a way to not feel it. I would just turn on my TV and fall asleep with it on. That seems to always work, but I still don't mind that spirit watching me.

Now that I'm older, my Mom told me a lot of things I used to tell her about spirits or things that I wouldn't normally know, but I do.

I hope you enjoyed my story! Yolanda S.

Other hauntings by angellface123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angellface123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sigkg (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
Good story, it was really interesting.
I loved your wording of "Blankie Forcefield." I think everyone does that including me, no matter how old you are 😁
angellface123 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
Thank you for all your comments! For the update I really don't feel the spirt in my doorway anymore. Every once in a wile I would feel it, but like I said just turning on the TV helps lessen it and than I'm able to go to sleep. I guess you can say even when your alone in a room your never really alone in a room. Like I also said again I don't really get scared over ghosts anymore, it's not that I don't believe in them, it's just I had so meny personal exsperiences that I just sortta get used to it. 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
I am just assuming as this was written in the past tense that this is all over? You wrote that you no longer feel the angry spirit. I was laughing at the sheet over the head thing, then after reading the other comments, I see they feel pretty much the same way I do. I would be afraid that the next time I pulled the sheet down a little lower to check out what was going on and if that scary thing was still there, that it would be inches from my face. Thus allowing me to see it fully without the glasses! Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
thank you for sharing your story with us. I find the best way to often fight off your fears is to face them head on. If you see the 'evil' thing again, tell it to leave in the name of the Lord and that you are not going to be afraid of it any longer, that you are not going to let your fear give it strength. Place at least one cross in your room.

God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
I hate the feeling of knowing there is something in the room with you that you can't see. I agree with futureghost211 about the sheets over the head. I NEVER put the sheets over my head because I want to have my eyes wide open to see what's going on around me. I would feel too vulnerable to hide under sheets. How do sheets protect you anyway, really? But you were also a child so I guess 'out of sight', 'out of mind', right?! I myself have experienced a big black mass but I woke up to it trying to pick me up under my arms and when I woke up and turned over(stomach sleeper), I saw this big, black mass hovering over the bed and then it disappeared once I freaked out! I have also experienced the black figures (shadow people). Very creepy! Thanks for sharing your experience! ~Shelby ❤
futureghost211 (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
CREEPY! I know that feeling of knowing that there's something in the room with you. I don't know why, but hiding under the sheets can make a person even more afraid sometimes. It always does me, and I'm 26 😊. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: