You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: The Ribbon Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Ribbon Man

 

I know that many people won't believe me. That's alright, whether you believe me or not doesn't matter, the facts are still facts. I am going to tell you the story of the man who gives me ribbons.

Over the course of a year, this man started leaving ribbons on my doorstep. Sometimes, they are neatly tied on my doorknob, and it is so neat, it looks cartoonish. The ribbons vary in color, from white to red, and recently polka dots. But they are the same length, at ten inches. These ribbons started showing up after I was released from a mental ward in California. I was in the institution for about a year, because my depression on top of my crippling anxiety caused a lot of issues involving suicide. I was a mess, but I came out a better person.

The first day I came home, everything was normal. No ribbons at all, just my bedroom and picture frames adorning the walls. The morning after I got home, I found my first ribbon, tied on my front doorknob. I noticed it when I drove passed my house after coming home from work. I still have the ribbon, because I thought it was a girl scout thing. It's a white ribbon, thick and velvet strands. It was very lovely. I felt the need to keep it, because despite my rugged appearance I actually like girly stuff sometimes.

I will not really tell you much about me for the sake of my own privacy, but I am a woman and I am very tall and strong from being an athlete. I am always ready to fight. The ribbons kept coming, and it got weirder and weirder. The ribbons would move from front door, to back door. The back door is right next to the woods I live in, and there's no reason for a girl scout to go back there and tie a ribbon on it.

So this is where I called the police the first time. I told them what was going on, and how it was freaking me out, and if they could search the area and ask around to see if anyone had seen anything. I initially hypothesized that I had a stalker of some kind, as did the police. I asked them to take the ribbons for evidence, and offered to pay them to try and lift fingerprints off them, to which they declined. They said to just keep the ribbons until further notice. They also said to hide a camera in my rose bush to see if I could catch anyone in the act, or just stay up and wait.

I am not scared of anything, so I opted to spend the next night awake, and waiting for the guy to start something. I went to a gas station, got a lot of red bull, and came back to my house and parked myself beside the window behind the couch. I got a blanket and put it behind the couch, turned all the lights off, and went through my night routine as I figured the creep was going to watch me. I climbed into bed, waited ten minutes, then slowly and quietly crawled down the stairs to the window. I parked it and waited. I was ready, my dad's hunting rifle in my arms. It had blanks in it, because my dad was too scared to give me actual bullets in fear I'd try and kill myself. I stayed awake the whole night, watching both the back door, and the front door. And I saw nothing. Nothing.

I went to sleep in the afternoon the next day and woke up at 5:30 to the sound of my alarm. I got up, got dressed, and decided to go out and get some take out instead of wasting time cooking. As I got my phone out to call them, I stopped with shock. Looking inside my car window, there was a ribbon on my gear shift. A red, silk ribbon tied so neatly it looked drawn on. I was freaked out, and I didn't touch anything as I called the cops. They came, observed the car and gave me looks. They thought I was lying, and just messing with them at this point.

I couldn't handle it, and started to scream at them. I cursed them all out, throwing my keys down and screaming for them to help me. One officer, we will call him John, walks up to me and calms me down. He gave me his card and filed a report. They took pictures and everything, and now with John's personal number, I felt more safe. John ended up staying over for a while I made dinner to help me relax. It was midnight before John finally left my home, reminding me to call if I needed anything or saw anything. I immediately went to bed after that, and focused on forgetting the car incident. But I wouldn't forget it.

I remember waking up the next morning with a horrible sense of displacement. I had no idea where I was, and for a moment, I had no idea who I was. And as I scrambled to get out of bed, my hand rested down on my pillow and I felt a soft fabric. When I looked down, my stomach dropped to my feet. There was a red ribbon laying perfectly straight on my pillow. I immediately called John, and he came over in less than ten minutes. He searched the whole house with his hand over his gun, me behind him with a baseball bat the entire time. There was no sign of any kind of entry, forced or not. John looked confused as he examined the ribbon.

"You said you just woke up with it on your pillow?" He asked. I nodded.

"I don't know what's going on!" I was in hysterics. I was genuinely scared. John thought for a moment. I could tell he didn't believe me. But he relieved me by offering to stay the night. I don't know if it was to make me feel better, or if it was just to confirm I wasn't messing with him, but I was happy he was staying.

That night, I went through my routine, and offered him some clothes to sleep in. He told me that he wasn't going to sleep and he wasn't going to take off his uniform in case anyone tries to break in. I made him a pot of coffee and curled up on my mattress, covering my nose and mouth with the blanket.

This was the night it all became clear that we were not dealing with a stalker. John was standing in my room, looking out my window through the blinds when I woke up. It was 3 in the morning, and I called to him and asked if he saw anything. He raised a finger, motioning for me to wait a moment, and I had to see. Outside in my parallel neighbor's yard stood a tall, broad man wearing all black. He was completely motionless, standing directly under the old street lamp in the yard. The shadows covered him, but not enough to hide his apparel. Long black trench coat, black scarf tucked into the coat, a dimple on his sharp chin, scruff, Caucasian. He was wearing a French fedora, like that weird kind of racing hat with the flat cap? One of those. John whispered to me to not move. I wasn't going to. The man walked slowly, step by step, and stopped in my yard. He was just staring forward, not looking up or down. Just blank. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pair of scissors, and John took out his gun. The man took a gloved hand, and pulled out a reel of ribbon from his other pocket. He cut it and put away the scissors. John was waiting for the man to reveal how he has been getting into my home. The man walked towards the front door, blocked by the windowsill. We lost sight of him. We listened for the door to click open. But we never heard it.

John went downstairs, telling me to hide under my bed with my thumb on my phone. He talked into his talkie on his chest as he walked, flashlight and gun armed and searching. I didn't hear anything, no gunshots or screams. Eventually I got worried and went downstairs to see John in my kitchen, flashlight pointing outside a window. John turned around, and he clearly looked startled.

"He's gone. He's not in the house." John breathed. I turned on the light and gasped. On my kitchen counter was a straight and perfectly placed red ribbon tied in a bow. The police were at my house quickly as John made a full report of what happened. We didn't hear a damned click. He didn't enter my home. And what's bad is that I have an alarm system on my house that sounds off when windows and doors are open. There was no footprints, no dirt tracked in. Nothing.

John told me to leave my home and go somewhere safe. I felt safe nowhere, so I decided to go to an old friend of my father's. We will call him Jim. Jim was about as burly as my dad, mechanic grease monkey with a tough demeanor. He was strong, and I trusted him. I told him what happened, and he gladly gave me his son's room. His son is as old as I am, and we have known each other since birth. So when I asked him to sleep in the same bed, he was willing. He held me close and I won't lie, I cried most of the night.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt better. There was no ribbon. Obviously a guy who is stalking me. I felt relieved as I went downstairs to the smell of bacon. We had a lovely breakfast and I felt much more safe. As we ate, Jim walked over to the backyard porch to let the dog in, and got a weird look on his face.

"Hey Carla?" Jim called to his wife.

"Yeah hon?" She called back. Jim bent down and fiddled with Duke's collar.

"Since when do you tie ribbons on Duke's collar?" My heart froze. Jim looked at me, and the fear set in on him as well, and he immediately sprinted to his gun locker in the basement. He came back out with a fully loaded military shotgun and walked outside. The backyard was fenced in, so the only way someone could get in was to climb the wooden planks. There was NO easy access. Jim was serious, his military background showing. He had some freak follow me to his home, and now tie a ribbon on his dog. We were in danger. I told Jim that I couldn't stay there and bring them into it, and Jim took my keys away and insisted I stay. But he was going to keep watch tonight to be safe. The rest of the day was tense, with Jim and Carla being very observant. I wasn't going to sleep tonight. I felt sick.

I was tense as I crawled into the bed. I figured I was just going to have to stay awake, but my heavy eyes were fighting me. I decided on an hour nap to gain my bearings, and set my alarm and put in headphones so I wouldn't wake my friend. The alarm went off, and, yet again, I felt that severe sense of not knowing where I was again, and remember wandering down the stairs in a groggy haze. I don't remember what happened, but Jim does.

He told me that I walked to the porch door and opened it. He asked me if I was alright and got up to follow me, as he was watching TV in the family room. I walked into the grass and lifted my arms to the fence. He thought I was going to climb over and he grabbed me and ushered me inside. He said I was mumbling. "Take it." I kept saying, "Take it. Take it."

The next day I awoke to a ribbon on the porch door, tied neatly. Carla called the police, and I called John. He said he was going to personally pick me up and do a full on investigation. I don't remember the drive with John. I only remember waking up on an unfamiliar futon. I was in John's house, his father there as well. I learned then that his father also was a police officer, with over 30 years on the force experience. And, John, if you're reading this right now, I am sorry for what happened to him. It was all my fault for even being there.

I stayed with them as they swept through my house, taking fingerprints, snapping pictures, and setting up hidden cameras in bushes around the perimeter in case he came back. John's father set up cameras in their house too, which would be monitored in a spy van down the street. They had the guest room I was staying in completely wired with cameras. John told me that they would stay in the basement to observe the house and see how this man got in. I fell asleep that night feeling like they would finally catch the man. But they didn't. Instead, something much worse happened. I can't talk about what I saw when I woke up, because it even now still causes me to have a panic attack. I know that may sound cliché. But it was too horrible.

John's father had rushed to the room to detain the man, who had appeared after the camera experienced severe static. The man was tying a ribbon around my ankle gently when John's father kicked the door in. He just stood there saying nothing, not responding to John's father's yells to get on the ground. The man faced him full on and walked up to him. There were gun shots. I don't know how I didn't wake up. The man just touched his hand to his shoulder. That was it. And John's father died. I won't say how. There was so much blood. The doctors said he died from massive internal trauma. His organs had all ruptured. Now do you understand why I can't explain how he looked on my floor when I woke up?

John was out for blood after that. The man never came to his house again after I had left. John would call me constantly, telling me of new information and how they think they had a lead on the man. John became obsessive. He would come to my house in the small hours of the night, banging on my door with bloodshot eyes and the camera footage from my house. He would point out where the man was, and how the static would disrupt how he got in my home. He was tampering with the cameras. He began receiving ribbons the next day.

This was 8 months ago. The investigation has run cold. John has been having nightmares since I left his house. And one neighbor has frequently told him that he will be standing out in his backyard late at night as repeatedly say "Take it" over and over, before walking back to his home. It has been going one for now two years. This why I decided to sit down and write this down.

I have posted vaguely on Reddit, and tried to go on creepypasta. But I don't know what else to do. Nobody believes me. I have tested if this man is human by leaving all my lights off and barricading my door with chairs, and yet he has found a way in my home without making a noise. He has been leaving them in my bed now, or tied either on me or my lamp. I have left my house at 4 am and sped down the street, watching to see if anyone was following me. I took back roads, went in circles. Nobody followed me.

I am now in a small town called Hudson, using a friend's laptop. I am going to post this story on every blog website I can until I relocate. I have done research, and a story similar to mine is the Hat Man. Although the Hat Man is just all shadow, while The Ribbon Man has facial features.

Listen to me. If you encounter this man, DO NOT APPROACH HIM. Do not accept his ribbons. Do not keep the ribbons. Do not try to reason with him. He isn't human. I don't know if he's a demon or a ghost. But he is not human. Please, if you receive the ribbons, burn them. Bless your household. Don't go over to anyone's home for safety. He will follow you. If anyone has any information, or has ACTUALLY EXPERIENCED this man, please message me. His description is below, also a picture I drew will be linked below.

He is between 6'5 and 6'6. Weighing maybe 250 pounds. Solid muscle, he isn't fat. He is very broad. Caucasian, with light stubble on his chin with a deep dimple in the middle of his chin. French fedora, black scarf and coat. Black gloves.

Http://residenttech.imgur.com/all/

The link about is the picture I have drawn of him.

Please, if you know anything. Help me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, annonymous1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-19)
Actually, I suspect that Annonymous1234 is just a very talented writer with a vivid imagination having a bit of fun seeing who will believe her.
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Definitely not trying to stir things up again, but a common factor I've seen is the cop, John. He suddenly shows up and is overly helpful, knowing when and where annonymous is at all times, even when she's left her home for a short period of time to be with friends. Then he welcomes her into his home and suddenly begins receiving ribbons himself after his father's accident/death? The fact that she mentions she wasn't awake during all the commotion leading to his death and the absence of any video of this makes me think it was set up.

Like I said, I may be waaay out there and stirring the pot when it doesn't need to be stirred. But it was a huge red flag for me when John entered the picture. I admit receiving the initial ribbon seemed innocent enough, but it got creepy really fast, and this guy seemed like a real creeper too.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-04)
annonymous1234,

Thanks for the update.

Please continue to let us know how you get on. I appreciate that there are people who believe you and those who would like a bit more information to become believers - its fair, isn't it?

Also I think those of us who wanted to help have already done so in what way we knew - seek medical help in the first instance, that's the help/advice a few have offered. Its the best many of us can do given the information at hand, I hope that makes you realize that it was not an utter waste to share your story on this site. Now if that's the help you had in mind or not is a question you have to ask yourself? Many of the guys on here would perhaps be able to offer more help if only you find in you to take stock of some of the fundamental questions being asked and answer what best you can. Hope things get better.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-29)
Hi chapulin1234 - to me, when the author fails to elaborate / verify such a key part of the story such as the melting of internal organs by the touch and no one can find any mention of this anywhere, nor did the author respond to the many reasoned intelligent questions / doubts regarding this, then in my opinion it puts the rest of the narration in doubt. Including the "I'm scared" bits as well.
I think it's good to have some healthy skepticism particularly when dealing with the subject matter of ghosts / paranormal etc.
No offence intended to you.
Regards
Mack
chapulin1234 (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-29)
Macknorton:

You chose to believe she is just seeking attention/lying etc.

I chose to believe that she needs medical attention, for two reasons:

One: She really seems to believe what she's posting and she seems truly scared,

Two: She stated on her post that this started after she was released from a mental ward in California -Enough said?

Annonymus1234 - Hope you consider checking in to a hospital, know that you will be safe there.

Regards,
Claudia
annonymous1234 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-26)
Update:

I am at a rest area on the highway. This will be my last post. For those who have asked me questions, I understand you not believing me.

I am not one to make up stories. I am sorry if the story is skewed and doesn't make sense but I am not a good writer. I wrote down all that happened to the best of my ability. I'm sorry if that still didn't help you believe me.

I don't want people to believe me. I wanted help. But no one has given me any. Just a lot of people saying how my story doesn't add up. All I wanted was help.

I went home and found the painting and destroyed it. And I feel dread. Pure dread. I haven't been well since.

My father has been alerted of what's going on, and he has called the police again. I for one am not going to leave the country, I've decided.

I am not insane. And I know that what I'm experiencing is true. So I hacr gotten in touch with a paranormal investigator. I am meeting them tonight.

To all who believed me, I appreciate your concern. To all who didn't believe, I wouldn't either if I was outside looking in.

I am more scared than I have ever been. I just want this man to go away. I want to sleep again.

Thank you, and Farwell
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-12-22)
Rook - PWF, I like it. Nothing like a bit of off the wall Monty Python!
Cheers

Chapulin1234 - with respect, why are you so convinced anonymous has mental illness?
Classic manipulation of a fraudster: the writer first seeks to gain sympathy so that the readers feel sorry for them; this also means that anyone who dares question / criticize them appears callous, or mean.
I think acts of deliberate deception are pretty low and should be called out, particularly on a site that is, I beleive, by and large genuinely trying to understand supernatural phenomenon for the betterment of everybody.
Truth is subjective to a degree, but in my opinion, stories such as the one posted by anonymous just doesn't ring true (some excellent questions asked about key aspects of the story are still to be answered / clarified), and judging by how well the writer creates fiction suggests he/she is not suffering from mental illness at all, just a knack for mischievous time-wasting.
Regards
Mack 🤔
chapulin1234 (guest)
+6
8 years ago (2015-12-22)
Annonymus -It sounds to me that the best way to avoid this man is by checking back to the hospital, with all due respect, I hear you have been in the hospital before and that makes me wonder if somehow your mind is playing tricks on you, perhaps you truly believe your story and that there is a ribbon man but maybe there is not such man, maybe it is just some part of you putting the ribbons, best way to find out is going to a control environment.

I must add that people that makes fun of others suffering from mental illness are not nice nor helpful.
Be safe,
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-22)
Mack,

With so many interesting name possibilities I wonder what we should... Wait I KNOW what to do...

(Clears throat... Turns on microphone... And in his best Pro Wrestler Announcer Voice...)

"Ladies and Gentleman, The PWF (Paranormal Wrestling Federation) Champion, RUBBER BAND MAN!"

'Cue, Music, Lights and special effects...'

"Hand me down my walkin' cane
Hand me down my hat
Hurry now and don't be late
'Cause we ain't got time to chat
You and me we're goin' out
To catch the latest sound
Guaranteed to blow your mind
So high you won't come down

Hey ya'll prepare yourself for the rubberband man
You've never heard a sound
Like the rubberband man
You're bound to lose control
When the rubberband starts to jam."

"And his Opponent, angry because he is no longer in the North Woods, weighing in at 285 lbs..."

'All the lights go out and a hushed silence falls in the auditorium... As the lights come up, cue the music...'

"I never wanted to do this job in the first place!
I... I wanted to be...

A LUMBERJACK!

(piano vamp)

Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of
British Columbia! With my best girl by my side!
The Larch!
The Pine!
The Giant Redwood tree!
The Sequoia!
The Little Whopping Rule Tree!
We'd sing! Sing! Sing!

Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
I sleep all night and I work all day.

CHORUS: He's a lumberjack, and he's okay,
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch,
I go to the lava-try.
On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
And have buttered scones for tea.

Mounties: He cuts down trees, he eats his lunch,
He goes to the lava-try.
On Wednesdays 'e goes shoppin'
And has buttered scones for tea.

CHORUS

I cut down trees, I skip and jump,
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing,
And hang around in bars.

Mounties: He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps,
He likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing
And hangs around... In bars?"

😆

(Uh, too much?...Happy Christmas too all.)

Whimsically,

Rook
Matchu (14 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-22)
I have read a lot of the stories on this sight a lot of the folks on here describe there experiences very well and are very descriptive but this one is more like a book or movie description I agree with a lot of the other commenters if your being hunted by a demon what good is a passport going to personally I wouldn't set foot in a plane either or update any part of my location just in case you have a stalker good luck
Matchu (14 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-12-22)
Hey so I noticed a couple of things that are buggin me first off if you have suicidal tendencies why did your dad give you a gun in the first place second cops normally won't stay the night at someones house if they don't believe and finally you just don't follow behind cops with baseball bats they normally get down right touchy over that especially if they are searching your home for a suspect just curious is all I'm not even half done the story how did you know they were blanks?
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-12-22)
thirteenstars15 - you are on to it!
Anonymous hasn't responded to any of the reasoned, intelligent observations and questions regarding vital parts of this so called " true" experience that would verify it.
Yet they continue to post chapter after chapter of it.
Perhaps the best thing to do is ignore him / her and they will go away?
ThirteenStars15 (3 stories) (31 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-12-22)
Not wanting to call this a bluff but... When you said the guy just died from uhh... Touching the ribbon, made me skeptical about it.

Ok, if this is true... I am sure there will be news about this?
Like, someone dying (organs ruptured) for no reason and the only witness is a lady claiming that he touched the ribbon and... Just died like that...

I guess the media would be very very curious.

Perhaps I live in another country and did not read the report... But I don't think I find it anywhere in the Internet as well.

Anyways, regarding the ribbon stalker man,
The most I saw that came up on Google search was a stalker fangirl of Benedict Cumberbatch, who left red ribbons tied at his house area or car wipers... Or something.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-22)
Ribbon man, hat man... Let's just hope "sock man" doesn't make an appearance.
Or his dastardly counterpart " underpants man". Quite frankly I would be praying for your soul if the significantly troublesome "Paisley shirt man" decided to latch on to you as well.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
8 years ago (2015-12-21)
annonymous - why, if you are trying to avoid/elude encounters with The Ribbon Man, do you give out even general information about your location?

And if you don't have faith that something is going to work, it probably won't.
annonymous1234 (1 stories) (4 posts)
-4
8 years ago (2015-12-21)
Update:

I filed for a passport. I am waiting on edge in a hotel in Mason. I don't know where to go anymore, and frankly I've kind of given up. I got a message on another site I posted on saying that this man sounds like The Hat Man. I have mentioned before that I had done research on that guy. It's not hat man. At least I don't think so.

The hate mail has stopped in some regard, thank god. I guess people are starting to realize that I'm actually going through a lot
here.

The reason why I am writing this is because today I woke up with my hair tied in a ribbon. I took off the ribbon and burned it immediately. I have also started wearing stupid protecting charms. I no way believe in God, but I've been wearing talismans of angels to give myself some kind of sanity. It hasn't worked. These ribbons keep coming. It's gone back to every day now. When I am on the move frequently I don't get as many. Maybe it is a real dude. Maybe he's a stalker. Maybe he messed with the camera the night johns dad was killed.

I don't know. But while my passport is being made, I think I'm going to confront him. If I wait up long enough, maybe I can finally ask him what he is. I'm running out of options. I'm so ill. These meds they put me on suck and make me comatose, so I stopped taking them. I am not psychotic. I know that.

I began thinking back to the hospital. And I remember something from it. Which is odd, because I was on a lot of drugs at that time. But there was this really old guy there who painted stuff. Abstract art. I remember commenting on it and he said that he has always been a painter. But I remember every single on of his paintings was just a long strip of color. Nothing more. Just a line of color, black white or polka dots. I remember the one he gave me before he left to be released was red, and signed with his name.

I'm thinking now, that I still have that painting, that I am going to post a picture of it. I looked at it before I left my house... And it looks like a ribbon. I don't know if this is just me trying to find some closure, but I'm going to open a file on imgur, which is residenttech, and I'm going to post pictures of the painting and the ribbons I have not yet burned. I might stop at home again soon. I wish I could have closure, I am really getting tired. I just want someone to help
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-17)
Either she is mad, or she is lying, or she is telling the truth. One need only look into her eyes to see she is not mad, and if you're experience is that she is more truthful, then we must assume she is telling the truth. - Professor Diggory Kirk in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

This story of yours does sound totally bonkers, but that does not mean it is made up, or even a psychotic delusion. Physical evidence exists for your story, and some forensic testing would certainly be a good idea. And I see it has been done. I would want to learn more, read the police reports, etc., but respect your privacy and won't ask for them.

I get the feeling that something is being left out, something that seems foolish and insignificant, but is very important.
annonymous1234 (1 stories) (4 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2015-12-17)
Update:

I have settled in Cincinatti, Ohio. I have taken advice and went to a therapist. Taking psychotic medication has not helped, as I stil receive ribbons. I understand that most people don't believe me. I understand that you compare my experience with movies. I understand that you may think I'm insane, or just lying.

I understand. But it still hurts. The reason I have posted this experience on so many websites, including ones for fake horror stories, is that I am just trying to find someone ANYONE who has seen this man before. I don't know what I can do. I don't know how to appease everyone. Some people are just telling me to flat out kill myself. Is that really necessary? Does that make you feel better? To call me a liar?

I am going insane because of this WHATEVER he is. I am trying everything, thinking it's all in my head, or if someone is just playing a messed up prank on me. I don't know how to get through to anyone. Because sadly, my story is just that to everyone.

Just a story.

I am leaving America soon. And I hope this will stop.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-08)
Well, now that we have done all the editing for the op, she should have a fine story to publish! Lol!
vintageglam (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-08)
Regardless if this story is fake or not. This story would make a interesting movie.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
Anonymous
Since my tablet will not let me answer this the way
I want to. Although I would have added a few things. Rook said almost everything I would have but he read your story first.
I think that if you are not seeing a therapist you should start seeing one.
Regards
Red
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-05)
Thanks, Val, for asking the chronology question which -predictably- was annoying me all the way through the story.
-Biblio
Elrond (3 stories) (38 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
The video static/interference as the intruder enters the house, the "sense of displacement", the trance states and other elements described in the story are very similar to a movie I just watched on Netflix called "Dark Skies". The movie is about aliens, but many of the plot devices are identical.
anash (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
I must say pretty cool title for a story almost sounds like a movie 😊 🤔
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
Nonsense! Are your legs as skinny as straws? Otherwise I can not understand how a ribbon ten inches long could go around your ankle leaving enough material to make a bow! 🤔
...and let's not forget you are a very tall athletic woman...

I have the same questions/doubts than those of the previous posters and agree with them, your story is hard to swallow.
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
Being the curious sort, I went through the bother to try and view the picture, only to be greeted with, "residenttech's images are not publicly available." Hmmm...
Some of the details in this story makes me wonder. In addition to what Rook observed in his comment there were other's that made me go HUH?!?
I won't go into them all, but the first glaring one was the description of the man, standing beneath an 'old fashioned' street light, across the street at 3 AM. Apparently this street light is ultra bright because details like the dimple in his chin and that he needed a shave could be seen even though "The shadows covered him..." I'm sorry but such detail would not be detected.
Others have already voiced all the discrepancies with the police involvement.
Then there's the whole time frame... I'm not the brightest but you write, "This was 8 months ago. The investigation has run cold. John has been having nightmares since I left his house. And one neighbor has frequently told him that he will be standing out in his backyard late at night as repeatedly say "Take it" over and over, before walking back to his home. It has been going one for now two years." Vast difference in 8 months and 2 years, which was it?
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
Ahhhhhh...yup. At first I thought "How lovely, someone is looking out for you (living or deceased) and leaving ribbons" but as the story went on it just sounds like a horror movie script (quite a good one at that). However, "Ribbon Man" or "Return Of The Thing With Ribbons" just doesn't exactly evoke fear... If you know what I mean.

Sorry but I agree with others posts that this story just doesn't ring true. In particular, as Otteer posted, that had a police officers internal organs actually exploded after being touched on the shoulder by a mysterious French-looking ribbon deliverer, it would have been all over the news and you would have been in the news as well as a key witness in a murder investigation.

Did that investigation happen? Can you give us more details?

Anyhoo just my humble opinion, thanks for sharing your story.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
otteer - as I read this I was thinking the same thing about the officer. My brother has been a detective for many years and I kept thinking, unless law enforcement is very much different where this story is set, I just cannot see any of that happening.

There are so many things that raised flags when I was reading this, but figured what the hey 😉
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+9
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
Hello annom. Well this is a great horror story and one that could quickly become an urban legend if passed around enough. All people have to do is add their own touch and it becomes kind of like... "slender man." But... Thats just it, its written like a horror story, not like you are trying to explain what your problem is and ask for help.

Nice that you reported to work the day after you got in from California, to a job in North Dakota, after a year away, and that you had a place to go home to. Pro wrestler? Just wondering.

Also, you didn't mention anything about John losing his job. Cause he would have, if a police officer did any of the things you said he did. I work with them, and it just doesn't happen this way unless "John" was trying to get in your pants (sorry) and did it all on the sly. After the death, there would have been a massive internal investigation and this would have been all over the papers, and John would have no job. Based on this... I'm calling this one a no go in my book.
Sandi (2 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
Hi, I enjoyed your story. My questions are
Why did the offcer John stay inside with you? From my understanding cops/detectives stay outside to scope intruders.
Is he a detective? But detectives don't wear uniforms. And police officers always have a partner.
Where was his squad car? Didnt the stalker see it?
Is kind of hard to believe your story when you looked at creepy pasta, no offense. But I agree with Rook so many questions and holes. You described everything in detail but not how the vet cop was murdered. And you did state not to accept ribbons but you didn't receive any how does that make sense? Sorry I am interested & confused.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: