You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Events At My Aunts

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Events At My Aunts

 

When my Uncle and Aunt lived local to my family I would often house sit when they went away on their adventures around the world on the Catamaran they used to work on. This was always something I loved doing for them. I would look after their cat Floyd and their Golden Retriever Pup Benji.

The last time I house sat for them was eventful to say the least. It was about a year ago now. There were nights I would sit in the lounge feeling so uncomfortable and very frightened. Benji would some nights sit with me and comfort me and others he would be out of control. Barking at open doors and running circles around the house. Those nights were always the worst.

The night that stands out the most was the night I managed to get my best friend to come keep me company. I hadn't told her about what I had been experiencing before she came over. I didn't feel like I needed to. I knew she would know the moment she arrived, she is very sensitive to paranormal and will always mention a feeling she gets.

To my surprise she didn't say anything.

That night we went outside and were relaxing in the spa pool outside looking at the clear sky with the gorgeous full moon in perfect view of where we were relaxing.

As we were talking Benji then came and joined us outside. He was pacing back and forward in front of the spa and occasionally running towards the window of my cousin's play room. At this pointed he started barking like mad. I managed to get him to stop and come and sit back with us by the spa. He makes me feel very safe so I like him close.

Another few minutes went by I just so happened to be watching the window that Benji was barking at when I saw something inside move. Even though I got a massive fright I didn't say anything just in case I was imagining what I saw. I know Benji was watching the window too but he didn't go mad like earlier.

Maybe 30 seconds after I had seen this my friend looks at me and asks if I saw the movement in the window. When I said yes we both felt like we should stay outside. We were to afraid at that point to go inside. That's when Benji started barking like mad again. He stayed by us while barking in the direction of the window again. He was definitely protecting us, he stood in front of us and did not move until we run inside. He waited until we got inside and then he followed behind us.

That night we did not sleep well, I think we may have felt threatened because of how Benji was acting. My friend never wanted to come back to that house. Personally I never felt like I needed to leave and never come back again. It just used to give me a few frights and because I was alone I got myself very wound up.

I most also add, when this happened as soon as we got inside I rang my Aunty and she stayed calm and tried to convince me that it could have been a bird or a reflection. I tried to think this but there was most definitely no bird, and nothing to make a dark moving reflection.

When she returned home, she also told me that she suggested those explanations to try calm us down. She then informed me that she has thought she had seen shadows walking past her bedroom door when she would walk up at night for no reason. Learning that I believe that there is defiantly something in that house.

I will post my next story about an event that happened there the time before that stay occurred.

Other hauntings by jba

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jba, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Scorpio_Quedee (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-09)
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I was wondering if you ever did any research on the history of the house or property?
Agua (4 stories) (61 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
So, basically, a dog acted weird and you saw something move inside the house?
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
Hi Jba - thanks for sharing your experience.

Are you sensitive to spirit at other houses / places?

You mention that you house-sat for your Aunt and Uncle before and loved doing it; had you ever felt uneasy or scared in the past at their house? Or was that the first time?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: