You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Unknown Entity

Real Ghost Stories

An Unknown Entity

 

I hope you all had liked my previous experience; I wouldn't call it a story as it was a real experience and not a work of fiction.

Well to continue with my experiences the incident I am going to share is what happened with me in year 2008. First let me tell you about my house as it is an important part of the incident. My flat is a duplex with the living room and the kitchen on the first floor and the two bedrooms on the second floor and with internal staircase to go from first to second floor and vice versa.

At that time I was in my final year of graduation, just few days before my annual examination. As usual I returned from my office around 9 pm, cooked dinner for my dad and for me and after watching TV went to bed around 11. 30 pm. To be frank I sleep like a dead but that night around midnight I heard my doorbell and I suddenly woke up as if I was woken up by somebody. My bedroom's door was locked and when I checked I saw my dad was in his room sleeping.

Wondering who would have visited us at this time, I rushed downstairs to open the door. While running down the staircase I banged into something and instead of tumbling down I was pushed backwards. So instead of falling I landed in sitting position on my stairs where I collided with that thing but what I then saw was unexplained. I saw a bright white smoky figure. I guess it was the thing I banged into. It was there standing in front of me for about 2-3 minutes and then it vanished in thin air. The experience that I felt with its touch can't be explained in words.

I still haven't understood what it was? Was it a Spirit or something else? I was so freaked that I didn't even bothered to check whether it had positive or negative vibes. My logic says if I had stumbled upon something I should have fallen forward on my face and would have tumbled downwards for a few steps as I was running having momentum but instead I was pushed backwards. I was not harmed nor injured much, but still it's an unsolved puzzle for me.

Other hauntings by amiett

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amiett, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

amiett (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-21)
Hi SDS,
Yes it was 3 sec not minutes, didn't checked the story after it was written. Apologies for the error.
Well I was in last year of my Graduation and also I was doing my internship and hence I sd I returned from office.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
Greetings, Amiett.

Initially, I was going to make a joke about your staircase, "to go from first to second floor and vice versa." My thought was "of course it works vice-versa; it's a *staircase*! If it only worked in one direction, it's be an escalator..." Then, as I read your narrative, I was surprised by how accurate your description had been; one always presumes that the staircase will function as a staircase, so to have the staircase suddenly tackle you like a rugby player with enough force to absorb your forward momentum AND push you backwards -in contravention of Newton's First Law of Motion- must have been incredibly disconcerting.

Let us imagine for a moment that you were not pushed, but slipped: your feet would have either slid backward on the stair, thus propelling you headlong down the stairs, or they may have slipped forward, whereupon you would have *fallen* backward onto the stairs, but you would not have lost all of your initial momentum, leading to your sliding down at least 3 steps on your back, possibly with a concussion. Provided every detail you have recorded is accurate, I suspect that the collision, which would have been shocking at the time, was the most fortunate moment of your life.

Back in 1899, an American poet and professor (who wrote books about creative writing in the classroom inspiring students to do better work), wrote a great little poem, "Antagonish." Here's the first stanza:

"Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today;
I wish, I wish he'd go away..."
Hughes Mearns.

Take care (seriously, take care on stone staircases!)
-Biblio.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-06)
Hello amiett, I have heard such a kind of feeling that the door bell rang but in reality, it would not have. But, as far as your experience is concerned, was it 3 minutes and that you were just staring at it? Quite surprising. Because you said that you haven't bothered to check positive or negative vibes and that you were just freaked out. But 3 minutes is quite a long time. As Mac said, it could have been lesser. Further, you said you were in your last year of college but you said that you came back from office at 9 p.m. What was it? It has got nothing to do with your narrative. But still I am asking.

And did you discuss with your dad the next day? And what was his reaction?

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
amiett (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
Hi Rook,
1.I was actually running down the stairs, so I was fast.
2. If I had fallen I would have tumbled at least 10 stairs. And all these stairs are made of stone not wood.
3. If I would have falled I would have hit my head on corner of stirs and woth having serious injury.
4. After I recovered when I went to check the door there was nobody outside
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
Hi Amiett, interesting experience. Did you stare at it for 2-3 minutes or seconds before it disappeared? I assume it was seconds?
Did you eventually check if there was anybody at the door?
Since you didn't feel threatened or frightened it sounds like someone was protecting you.
Cheers Mack.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-02)
Here is a question... Well Ok at least two...

First: How fast were you really moving?

Second: How far would you have fallen if you had fallen forward?

Third: Was there anything at the bottom of the stairs that could have hurt you had you fallen forward?

I ask these things because perhaps this 'spirit' was protecting you from falling down the stairs and into something and really hurting yourself... Or worse.

It's something to think about anyway.

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: