You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl That Screamed

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl That Screamed

 

I am currently 27 years old and own my own home. This incident happened roughly in 2004-2006. So with that out of the way, let's begin!

I was living with my mother, step-father, and brother around the age of 16-18. We lived in a split level home, and my step-father worked at a factory on the night shift, so he never got home until around 6 AM. My mother had a normal 9-5 (actually 10-6) job, so she was always home at night.

This particular night I was in the basement where my room was. I had a sweet setup, a bed, couch, love seat, computer area, my own bathroom, TV, all my gaming consoles (I'm a big gamer) and surround sound! I was on the couch, which had nothing behind it but space and a table, playing a game called "Grandia Xtreme". Just minding my own business doing my thing when suddenly a very loud and high pitched voice SCREAMED into my left ear. It sounded like a girl and it hurt my head. I turned around freaking out, wondering what in the world it could be. Nothing was behind me except my dog standing there looking at me like, "Sup dude? I'm a dog. Just chillin' here." After a while I shivered from being scared and got my wits together. It had to be my younger brother playing a trick on me.

So, I did what anyone would do and ran up the stairs yelling for my brother, "Ryan! That's not funny! Where are you? Why did you yell in my ear?" My mother responded, "What's the matter, Chad?" I told them that someone just screamed in my ear and I thought it was my brother, where in the world was he? Then I heard his voice from upstairs. "You heard that too? I've been doing homework and thought I heard someone yell but mom didn't hear it!"

To this day I have no idea what it was. It doesn't freak me out to think about it now, but it sure did when it happened to me!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheCowLord, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-05)
TheCowLord,

Is this the first time that the screaming has ever happened? You might just have a spirit that just likes messing with you and your brother. But, has it happened more than once? Does anyone else hear it besides you and your brother?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
FYI - I sent an email to admin asking if they can fix the title. This was my error, not TheCowLord's.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: