You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Red Cross

Real Ghost Stories

Red Cross

 

I am new to this site but have read a story that is so similar to mine about the spirit that I felt that I should share my experience and would live feedback about this or if you have see it please email me at clayweir2[at]yahoo[dot]com.

This happened when I was 13 years old in Huntsville, Alabama. My friends and I were out free running and that entire day I had a headache that was worse than anything I had ever experienced.

So at this time we were around the Huntsville Hospital and my friends were around the entrance so I went inside to get a drink out of the vending machine when this lady in a Red Cross uniform approached me out of nowhere. At first I thought I was in trouble for jumping around the hospital, and especially when she said to call my mom to come up here. But when I asked if I was in trouble she simply replied no but you're going to be soon if you don't come with me.

She led me to a desk and told me to say I was suffering from a brain aneurysm. (Of course being 13 I had no idea what that was). So then I was rushed into surgery and woke up 2 days later. I saw that nurse only once more as I was leaving, she was standing in the ambulance dock and waving happily. I later asked about her but the hospital had "no record of anyone like that working there".

I would like some feedback about this any if anyone has experienced this as well. If you would like to contact me my email is above and I would love to hear from you. This spirit saved me and I would love to know more about her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ClayWeir, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-20)
Granted, there are some gray areas in this story - however, I think they can mostly be explained by his age and the nature of the problem. Often patients experiencing symptoms of an aneurysm or stroke don't notice the symptoms - he could have been slurring his words and/or his speech patterns could have been off and he may not have realized it but to someone observing him, it would have been obvious. Doubtless, the hospital called his parents but if the intake nurse had recognized his symptoms as possible indications of a serious cerebral event, he would have been, at very least taken to an exam room and sat down immediately - he probably wouldn't have been standing next to the person who phoned his parents, it likely happened in another room all together and that's why it wasn't in his narrative. And serious cerebral events can happen to young children - they are, fortunately, not common but they are very possible. A friend of mine had a stroke in the third grade that was so severe that she was in a coma for weeks and it left her right side seriously and permanently impaired.

So, I'd say the story is, at very least, possible...
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-16)
ClayWeir... It is very hard to believe... Operating someone is not easy like to give medicine... How one can operate without any test? Then too so instant and without the permission of parents... I've never heard like this...
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-14)
IF a child walked into an E.R. Complaining of a severe headache, and by that I mean complaining of a headache worse than he ever had. It IS legal for the hospital to start diagnosing the situation, meanwhile someone is calling family and it is legal to get the okay to start testing over the phone. Surgery would not be done until a parent or guardian signed the consent form. Actually any close relative over 18 can consent form especially in a life and death situation.
As far as a child saying he had an aneurysm in his head because someone told him he did he would be told to go home with the nurse giggling after he left. UNLESS he was showing signs of a brain bleed or he was slurring his words and seemed confused. The age this boy was at the time it is highly unlikely that he had an aneurysm unless he was born with it, or the was into sports and had many head injuries.
Regards
Red
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-14)
Hi ClayWeir, I have same doubts as lady-glow. Even in our country, they won't operate upon a 13-year old without prior permission of the parents and that too for brain aneurysm. And you say that you were taken for surgery and you woke up after two days. Quite difficult to believe. Lady-glow, you are right, iff the experience of the poster happened, he is a very lucky guy. But I doubt and that is why IFF.

With regards and respects,

SDS
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-12)
It would be good to have the poster confirm whether their parent (s) / guardians were notified or involved and what their reactions were to the potential life- saving surgery.
I feel it would add so much to the story and answer some questions that we all have.
Cheers
Mack
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2015-12-12)
I have no trouble believing that a ghost would try to be helpful in such a dangerous situation... But it is hard to understand the actions of the staff members of the hospital.

Who in their right mind would take for granted the word of a 13 y/o kid and rush him to brain surgery without performing the proper studies and lab tests?
And what about operating on you without the permission of your parents or legal guardians? Would this be legal?

"... My friends and I were out free running and that entire day I had a headache that was worse than anything I had ever experienced."
It's hard to fathom that you were even walking and talking without difficulty while having an aneurysm, much less that you'd able to run all day!😐

Just a quick reference: http://www.brainaneurysm.com/symptoms

Anyway, IF your experience really happened, you're very lucky to be alive.

Thanks for sharing.
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-12-12)
Confusing details in your story. You said the 'nurse' took you to a desk and instructed you to say you had brain aneurysm and after that you were taken to an operating room where you stayed 2 days. What did the nurse at the desk do when you told her your condition? Didn't you ask questions as to why you had to be taken to an operating room? Did you just stay put and watch while the whole drama ensued? Where were your parents or any close relative during that period? Were you not worried about staying in the hospital for two days? Did you even try to contact anyone? I'm sorry if the manner in which I present my questions seem blunt but am tryin to understand confusing details here. Pls ensure you give feedback!
Respectfully...PB!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-11)
Maybe she knew if you went out and resumed free running, getting your blood pumping to the max, you would be a dead man. A roving spirit who decided to step in one last time and do some nursing.

So what happened after you told the check in nurse you had a brain anyur? What did she say?
How long from then to surgery and can you fill in the details? Did you tell your mom what happened and why you ended up at the hospital?

Thanks for sharing!
C2C (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-10)
Wow! You must have some special qualities and she wanted to save you to have a future. She was looking out for you. That's the first time I've read of an experience like that. Have you had any other interventions in your life that you can think of?
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-10)
Thanks for sharing. Interesting story. I assume you had an MR scan to ascertain that you definitely had a brain aneurysm before being rushed off to surgery?

I wonder if you would have had a scan anyway considering the severity of your headache? And if so, I assume the spirit (we assume) of the nurse didn't know that was going to happen?

I can only deduce that this ghostly health care worker seemed to know that you either weren't going to have an MR scan, or would have one but too late, therefore had to intervene. Or she did know but decided to get involved anyway.

Apologies for sounding like Sherlock Holmes but spirits are, after all, only people like us so it's intriguing why she intervened?

Regards

Mack
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-12-10)
chapulin - I saw that episode too. Mmm... More characters required LOL
chapulin1234 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-10)
She was probably working extended hours 😜!, but kidding aside, you were very fortunate, I remember Eric Estrada mentioning something about how a nurse look after him on Celebrity Ghost stories. I guess some people just love helping people so much that they stay here on Earth just to help 😊
All the best.
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: