You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Finding Willis Moon

Real Ghost Stories

Finding Willis Moon

 

I used to work at a rest home called Courtyard at Jamestown, which I have written a story about already. Most of the people I took care of have passed away by now, so when I go for walks in the provo cemetery (which is very often, as it is a nice place for a stroll) I sometimes find someone I used to care for.

One day me and my son were out for a walk, at the time he was about one and still in a stroller. When we reached the cemetery, I let him out of his stroller to stretch his legs, usually he sticks close to me and we just sort of wander around on the road, but on this occasion, he wandered over to some of the head stones and just stopped and stood in front of one of them. I urged him to come with me so I could start getting some exercise in for the day but he wouldn't move. He was only one at the time and a bit stubborn so I didn't really think anything of his not wanting to come to me. I couldn't see the name on the headstone until I got right up to it because it was one of the flat ones, but when I saw the name, I was very surprised.

The grave belonged to one of the sweetest men in the whole world. His name is Willis Moon and he was one of the funniest residents to take care of. He was a sheep hearder and always had a lot of corny jokes to share with all of the CNA's (if he knew you and knew you weren't opposed, he had a lot of dirty jokes that weren't that bad for an old guy).

Once I reached the head stone, my son waited around for a minute while I said "hi" to willis and then we went on with our walk. I guess I will never know what made him stop in front of that particular grave, did he see willis, or was this all just a very weird coincidence? Just sort of makes you wonder doesn't it?

Other hauntings by shandi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shandi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
I believe that willis died in april and my son was born in july, to answer black widows question. I will have to go and look for sure it has been a long cold winter and I haven't been to the cemetary in a few months.
Juliette (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-15)
I have a very similar story to yours. It actually happened to my brother and his friend in HS.
My brother told me that he and his friend - whose name escapes me - decided to skip school one day. They were driving around, and ended-up driving into a big local cemetery. Yes, they were smoking pot and driving around. My brother randomly pulled over. His friend got out for some reason, and very shortly after he got out, he came back to the car really freaked out. Apparently, right after he got out of the car, he looked down at a gravestone his name on it!
Needless to say, they left that cemetary directly. Strange huh? I always wondered what it meant, if anything, or it was just a very strange and scary coincidence. It's interesting though that the child with you lingered at that particular grave...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
This is amazing! My thoughts are that perhaps Mr. Moon believed your son to be more receptive to the sight of him than you would be. It would have been wonderful if your son could have told you what was going on, but as he was so young... I do not think this was a coincidence. I do believe your Mr. Moon was giving you a fond farewell. Thank you for this recount.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-14)
There is a possiblity that your son could have been the reincarnaded verison of Mr. Moon and knows it. Did he die before your son was born and if he did, how much time passed on between the two events? I have a friend who was walking through a graveyard and was drawn to a certain grave and he swore that he was that person in another life.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Thank you for all the nice comments. I know my son sees a lot that I can't but I'm trying, maybe one day I will get to see a full body apparition. 😁
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
I read your story when it first posted, and reread it now; That is actually a remarkable story. Catchy title too! Plunking it in my "favs".
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
Hi shandi! I have a little trouble with coincidence. There's just too much put off on it. I absolutely think your son was seeing or sensing something. What a great story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
Very young children are more perceptive of the paranormal than older ones. They haven't had their little minds made up for them by society as to what is real and what is imaginary. Maybe Mr. Moon, wanted to say hello to you, and thank you for some special care you had given him. Thanks for the story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
Wow! I don't think that was coincidental. Your son not wanting to move from the grave until you came over there to see what he saw. It's very interesting, the connections we make spiritually with the dead and with the living as well. I'm glad you had the chance to say good-bye to a dear friend! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story! ~Shelby ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
I agree, it was certainly is interesting that he stopped there. Children often can sense and see what older individuals can not. Mabe he felt the bond between you and the gentlemen.

What a wonderful story, I appreciate your taking the time to share it with us!

GOD BLESS!
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
What a lovely story. I was once a CNA. I know how attached one can become to ones patient's. I'm sure that your son either saw Mr. Moon, or had some sort of feeling about the grave. Young children are so sensitive to the paranormal. It saddens me when they become closed minded towards it. Thankfully, my children are still, both open towards it. Shandi, thank you for sharing.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
Sure does, I wonder how many other people (outside of me) think that, perhaps, young children tend to be more psychically sensitive?
scarlettwitch (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
wow, that really does make you wonder, perhaps he really wanted you to visit him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: