You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: George The Friendly Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

George The Friendly Ghost

 

This is my first post on here and I love this website so yeah! So, I have a ghost in my house his name is George and I'm guessing he lived here in the past because I didn't have any relatives named George.

Anyway one night when I was about 12-13 I woke up with a tugging sensation on my head and I realized that my hair was being yanked by something and thought it was my cat but when I turned my head to look, my cat was nowhere to be seen. I started to panic and tried to move but I couldn't. After a few more minutes of being scared to death, the tugging stopped and a few seconds later I was able to move again.

There was absolutely so way in hell I was sleeping my bed so I went through to my mum's bedroom and slept in there. I could not get to sleep because the name "George" was being drummed into my head and I couldn't stop it. Finally I fell asleep.

Years later with all paranormal things happening like sudden sleep paralysis, things flying off the top of things, TV turning on and off I sussed out a cold spot in my room. It is a corner where beside it is my bedroom cupboard. When I noticed that maybe that's where "George" likes to be, I put a chair and said "I put this chair here you can know from me that I'm not scared and I would like to be friends" nothing happened obviously but I wanted to be nice.

Now to a few nights ago. I am 17 nearly 18 and I still live in the house with "George", still paranormal things happen but a few nights ago the smell of rotten egg/food filled my bedroom and I've heard that might be sulphur and demons leave the scent of sulphur. I panicked because I knew it wasn't George.

Suddenly I felt the feeling that I shouldn't be in the room and I felt like I was in real danger but I was so scared I didn't move a muscle. I just tried to ignore it but the feeling got really strong. I am not religious I wanted this demon/thing out of my house so I looked up protection prayers and prayers to banish demons/evil spirits and when I done that I swear the darkness I was feeling over me slowly lifted and felt safe again.

When I tried to go to sleep I felt the edge of my bed go down as if someone was sitting there. I knew immediately that it was George and he was trying to comfort me. I whispered thank you and I fell asleep.

At about 3am I woke up and my arm was freezing cold and the rest of my body was roasting and my arm was tingling like mad! Not like pins and needles, it was just really weird. I didn't feel like I was in danger but it was really odd. I don't know if it was George because he's never done that before.

The thing is when I ever feel like I am in any danger there is always this feeling that I'm trying to be comforted by something... Maybe this George is a guardian or just a protective spirit?

I have more ghost stories but I will upload them separately as this is getting a bit long!

If you know anything about the cold tingling feeling or the darkness feeling, please let me know because I would love to learn more!

Erin x

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ErinLottie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-23)
PB - unless we know the o/p, there is no way of knowing what is going on in their personal lives. With it being the Christmas season, maybe she is busy and hasn't had time to check for comments. Another possibility is she isn't even aware her story has posted. She is listed as a teenager so she could be on break and doing other things.

So if you intended to leave a positive comment, please do so 😊
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-23)
My intention was to contribute positively to this post in anyway I could but then I noticed the author has not been responsive to other comments here. So how are we suppose to help someone who doesn't even respond or try to give feedback?

Respectfully...PB!
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-16)
This 'George' character looks suspicious. Like the other posters mentioned, it could be more than one spirit lurking around. Please do cleansing as per your religious inclination. Stay safe. God bless.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-16)
By the way the mods definitely do deserve a huge round of applause from all of us they do a great job on their own time. I agree with you lady-glow.
Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-15)
lady-glow
Thanks for letting me know. I know of one poster that really must have given them a headache, got under Rooks skin too although I didn't get to read the post after mine. Oh well hopefully this o/p takes Tweeds advice.
Regards
Red
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-12-15)
Redwolf: the mods were busy today deleting some nonsensical posts from immature posters.

Mods: a big round of applause for your dedication to the site!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-15)
lady-glow
I guess you are psychic after all. I didn't see 1 comment from Juggalo 😊

Erin I agree with mack & Tweed you may be putting your trust in something you shouldn't. George may be a trickster. Making you think that something evil is around and then ta-da he is there to comfort you after the bad is gone, or is it?
My advice to you is that you use Rooks cleansing/shielding method. It will only rid your house of evil/malevolent spirits. If George is still around he's good. Never invite a spirit to come into your house, or if there is already one in your house don't invite it to stay, tell it that it must leave.
Regards
Red
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-12-15)
Juggalo_clown:I'm not going to claim to be a psychic, but I can tell you something: pretty soon your rude comments will be erased by the mods.

Use your time doing more creative things!
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-14)
I too growing up had a friendly ghost in my home named George! He looked over all of us (ironically related and fought in the civil war 😊) Glad you were able to get yourself out of that situation before it could really escalate, I am really looking forward to finding more of your stories!

Blessed be ❤ and Stay safe!
Jenysue (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-12)
Hmmm... With all do respect I wouldn't invite "George" or whatever it is to feel welcomed. I say this because you mentioned leaving the chair there. I'm aware that spirits (evil) can transfer themselves into something they're not. For instance, a child, or as you say George the friendly ghost. Not calling you weak but they prey on weak and the vulnerable. I would ignore all encounters you have versus acting on them such as giving a chair to sit and talking to them.
IndigoK (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-12)
Alisha, just a note: spirits are always around whether invited or not, if you sage or not... They were here before us and any we encounter are in our sight for a person/reason/lesson... Thing I've learnt is to rather try find out why said spirit is around and what may they be trying to say or show you... You know what I mean:) we go from here back to them not vice versa

Keep smiling:) xx ❤
IndigoK (guest)
-2
8 years ago (2015-12-12)
Question, did your mum miscarry a child before your were conceived?
Alishas_time (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-12)
I don't ever recommend inviting a spirit in what so ever. Even if you think that spirit is good. Sometimes prayers work but they can lead to getting rid of that bad/good spirit but more bad/good spirits enter.
harli_grace (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-11)
cold is a sing of a ghost good or bad. I defiantly think your story is cool and would like to hear more
😆
SkyLoverr (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-11)
Hello! I agree, there seems to be multiple spirits. I would do a cleansing with sage. I know you're not religious, so I will give you this tidbit. All you need is faith that something, like your banishment can work. You can't have any doubt in your mind. That's what makes things like magic and the different religions so strong. It's that unwavering faith. Spirits are energy and faith can focus your own energy in either banishments or summonings. This isn't to be played with, though. Also, could it be that you gave yourself a dead arm while you slept?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-11)
Hi Erin,

I agree with Mack, it seems you have a few ghosts hanging around. You can also perform a cleansing/shielding of your home which will help calm the energy and keep the bad eggs (har har) away. Ergh bad smells are never a good sign.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
There's a great method on Rook's page in that link, you can use this with anything else too.

Was your arm raised at all when you woke?
You know if you sit on a couch and rest your arm on the back of the couch, like Fonzie going 'heeey'. Well if someone falls asleep in that position for an extended time it can severely cut the circulation to that arm. Wondering if your arm was in a similar position that night?

Hope things calm down. Really don't want to scare you here but I've an annoying feeling someone (one ghosts at least) is trying to escalate something not so nice. 😕
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-10)
Hi Erin - thanks for sharing your experiences. I find this really interesting because on the one hand you feel that "George" is there to protect you but at the same time you are sensing a malevolent presence.

Personally, I think if "George" was friendly he wouldn't tug your hair in the middle of the night, possibly paralyze you and freak you out.

I'm obviously speculating here, but possibly your invitation for "George" to sit in the chair may have been an invitation for someone else to enter your life?

Could be there's multiple spirits in your house, or one that is deceiving you to trust it. Be very careful.

I like to always work out motive; what motivates people to act in certain ways? Well, what motivates spirits to do what they do? It may be helpful to you to ask that question in terms of what you are experiencing.

Regards

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: