You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Taking Pictures of Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Taking Pictures of Ghosts

 

I just recently became interested in the paranormal, so a friend and I decided to go visit her "friend" in a local graveyard, she spoke to him and asked if we could take pictures. Also before we left that night, she asked if anyone else was there to go to his grave so we could get pictures of them as well. And we both apologized if we got pics of anyone who didn't want their picture taken.

The friend we went to see was her BEST friend and was in his early 30s when he died, also in this grave yard was a baby boy who was brutally murdered by his mom, he was found in the local river in the 80's, his body and all his belongings including baby bottles were found there.

Not really sure if anything came out in these pictures but thought I would post them anyway.

Taking Pictures of Ghosts 1
Taking Pictures of Ghosts 2
Taking Pictures of Ghosts 3
 

Then the next day, we went in the afternoon to an old grave yard, dated back to the 1800's, the first daytime picture is the "whole picture" the second is a cropped picture, we thought we could see a face but then again we are new to this so are posting them as well. Maybe it is just some kind of reflection? I was told the mind likes to make us think we se faces when we really don't, this is why we are looking for opinions on this.

Taking Pictures of Ghosts 4
Taking Pictures of Ghosts 5
 

Also any tips on how to get some pictures would be appreciated.

Thank you

Terri

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angelhunter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-11)
I can't manage a close up but in the very first picture to me it seems as if there is a male's face to the far right about in the middle of the picture.

I can only really see "orbs" in the others and i'm rather skeptic of them because often they are just dust.
I do also see what appears to be a face in the stone but i'm waiting for you to come back and inform us if indeed when you returned it was just the stone.

Also at ozonalions (guest) many people believe that spirits can connect to things, they don't just haunt the place they died but may haunt a specific item that could have possibly been buried with them, just a though 😊
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
Hey, sorry about the late comment, I cannot see anything in the pictures but I think it would help if you reverse the colour to a different colour like black and white, maybe it will reveal something else. If you do have other pictures I will be very interested to see them

BattleScars
xAdiiBabyDoll16x (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
to me it looks like the way the tombstone is... But then again it could be a face! Maybe spirit or in the rocks?
Thanks for sharing!

❤ADI!
rashed (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
there are orb activities in the night pics... But I believe there are nothing actually in the next days pics...
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
all of them can be diproved orbs are not evidence probably bugs or dust. The things you see on the stones could be engraved
crazygirl101 (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
wait forget what I just said I looked again and it looks more like a face in the rocks
crazygirl101 (20 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
woah in the first picture I saw what looked like a guys head and a crouched body then in the second picture it looked like the same 'thing' but on the other side of the gravestone 😨
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
Here is what I see:
1st pic=orbs
2nd pic=orb or reflection off stone
3rd=orb
4th-face on side of stone pillar
5th=Face on a tree, looks like a devil with horns, dark eyes, nose and mouth open.
vampira (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
you can't its impossible to but if you close your eyes for a long time and believe what you are going to see and then open them you will see them.
ozonalions (guest)
-1
16 years ago (2008-02-23)
Hello, Terri

what happens in graveyards to draw people there? Because nobody DIES at grave yards
it looks like a shadow to me!

Clueless

Lauren ❤ ❤
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
I got a good tip for you - If you feel some sorta presence, sk a ghost if you can take it's picture. I have been ghost hunting for almost a year now - I've got lots of pics that way!
seraphim (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
I can see the orbs clearly I don't think they are "easily explained away" at all.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
There are lots of good points in these comments to your story and photo's, angelhunter. I would have to say listen to all. Athena makes a good point about incorporating anything that might work into your daily regiment while ghost hunting. On the other hand, Emma makes a good point about most of us WANTING to see things in photo's. Maybe that is why we post them places like here to get all the feedback.
It seems as if the harder people try to capture something on film, the more illusive it becomes. However, when they randomly begin taking pictures, they may happen upon a great find. It is all about patience and trying not to hurry it along. Keep trying, hopefully eventually something will present itself to you. Thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
angelhunter, hi! I think they could very well be orbs that have shown up in your photos, you are in a graveyard, after all. Seems like a pretty likely place to see activity. Keep on hunting, clicking and submitting! 😊
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-14)
If you try hard enough, you can find all sorts of strange things in pictures. Look at what the "Face on Mars" turned out to be, nothing but a mountain range with an interesting shadow. Don't try so hard to find something of value, if its there and worth sharing, it will present itself I'm sure.
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Wow, amazing! You should see my pictures on my story of An Orb Floating Above My Grandmother's Headstone. I can see the ghost leaning against the headstone in the shadow. How cool!
PEACE,
Alex. ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
hmmmm. Additional photos would be good with a closer up day shot, it may be engraving, it may not. I can't tell from the angel and the distance.

I have a real problem with orbs,personally. Orbs are often explained away to easily, from dust, reflections, moisture, dew, etc. These pictures of orbs could be any of the mentiones as they are very light in color, or they could be paranormal. There are too many ways to explain them away.

I woukld LOVE to see additional photos thoguh.

God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
I, like the rest sees the orbs and the face but they are too easily explained away. My advice is to keep on trying. I too like to try my hand at spirit photography. What I do is take several shots of the same shot, that way if I catch something in one shot that isn`t in the others then I have a photo that is harder to explain away. One other piece of advice is if you use a digital camera, back up your photos on discs. I lost two good photos when my computer crashed this past month becaused I failed to do so.
Just keep on trying because I guess I took over a thousand pictures before I caught anything and will probably have to take a thousand more before I catch anything else.
Be Safe and God Bless
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
I don't really see anything, only orbs. There might me something there, but I just don't see it.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Hi Angelhunter! I, as well, see the face in the stone. It looks like it is either in the stone/granite or it could be a shadow. Or it could possibly be that you caught something! More than likely though, it's probably the angle the picture was taken. The orbs could be anything like the others said. Who knows for sure about orbs, you know!? Like the others have said, you need to protect yourself first and foremost and be prepared for disappointments. There may be times that you catch something on your camera, EVP's, EMF's or video, whatever equipment you use. I agree with Athena about something possibly following you home. Just make sure you protect yourself and be safe. My 14 year old went to St. Augustine during the summer and went on a nightime ghost tour. I knew she was going to be doing this so I told her to tell the ghosts/spirits or anything else to stay where they are and not to follow her home because they are not welcome to come with her. Anyway, thanks for sharing your pics and good luck on your endeavors! 😊 ~Shelby ❤
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
I do see the face and what seems to be orbs but as all the rest say they can be just about anything. I think it is great that you are doing this but I ask you to be very carefull. I know of people that have gone to cemetaries and have come back with something and it has taken them a long time to get rid of it so be very carefull and Good Luck!
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
A friend of mine, a very experienced investigator Paul Dale Roberts, said in an interview with a magazine that investigation is like playing Russian roulette. "Do it long enough and pretty soon it'll happen..."
Another thing, unless you are willing to live with ghosts, don't become a ghost hunter. After one investigation, "The Ghosts of Golden Gate Park". A being came home with me! I got home at 2 in the morning from the investigation and couldn't move the being on for a long time afterwards! If you are an intuitive, you'll have to deal with these spirits in a way that is right for you what ever that is (moving them into the light, or?). Please, become really good at learning what will protect you, whatever it is. For me, and many others, it is meditation and prayer. For others it is crucifixes, lavender etc. Maybe for you it is a combination, or none of those. Mainly, find something that works before you need it. That was safety, now more about investigation... Watch TAPS, more importantly read reputable sites like this one- stories and Comments. The book that encapsulates the current school of thought around investigation is;"A Paranormal Casebook: Ghost Hunting in the new Millennium: by Lloyd Auerbach
Investigation:
Drawbacks; No money in investigation, No fame either, long tedious hours of detailed work, followed by long hours of interpreting the evidence, then long hours of writing detailed and usually boring and ambiguous reports.
Pros; Those long hours are sprinkled with some interesting people and their stories, sometimes going to cool places and occasionally, finding something unexplainable. Just nice hanging out with people who don't think you have a screw loose for being interested in the unknown.
angelhunter (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Thank you all for the opinions my friend and I looked and looked at this "face" we decided we are going to go back (in the day lol) and takea picture of this stone close up as this picture is one I snapped as a behind over the shoulder shot, and didn't notice anything untl we were home.

Maybe Ill post the new picture when we take it... You are right it could be a face right on the stone...

Thank you again
Terri
futureghost211 (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
I have also been wanting to do some investigating of my own here in Colorado Springs. The cemetery has been on my mind quite a bit lately. I would have to think that a place of such energy would have to turn up. But then again like Shane mentioned, a person could do this sort of thing for years and never get get a pinch of evidence. Keep it up and thanks for sharing with us.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
I agree with Annie. The night shot photos show an orb, but with orbs they can be anything from dust to insects even moisture, and yes sometimes spirits. I see the face in the day photo but I too believe it to be either engraved into the stone or a grain pattern. Please don't become disheartened because your first few photos haven't really turned anything up. I have been taking photos for years and still haven't captured any thing conclusive. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Annie (202 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
angelhunter, Regarding the night photos, I don't see much. Maybe a speck of light in one of the shots. Could be light reflecting, dust, or an orb. Who's to know? In the daylight photo, I do see the face that you wrote of. But, I'm wondering if it could just be the grain in the stone. I don't know. Thanks for the pictures. I'm glad to hear that your looking for opinions. Not sure if mine is what you're looking for, but there it is. Keep on hunting! You never know what you'll come up with!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: