You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Seeing The Same Woman?

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing The Same Woman?

 

When I was 12, a few weeks after the death of my grandpa, I woke up at 3:00 am to a pale woman sitting on my bed stroking my hair. She had long white hair, in a braid, and she was looking at my bedroom door which was directly across the room from my bed. I can't remember if I had been having a nightmare, but she was stroking my hair the same way my mom and grandma used to do when I had had a nightmare when I was little.

I stayed as still as possible because I didn't want to let her know I was awake for some reason. I just knew she couldn't turn and see me. My leg twitched and in what seemed like slow motion, the woman turned her head towards me. I remember feeling fear, thinking I didn't want to see her face. But when she finally turned around, she had no face! Where her face should have been was nothing, just blank.

I have only seen the woman one more time when I was 17. I remember having a horrible nightmare about falling and when I woke up the same woman was stroking my hair. I again tried not to move because I remember she had no face. But my leg began twitching again and she turned and looked at me. Both times I saw her, she was stroking my hair and staring at my bedroom door. I don't know if she was expecting someone or something to come into my room or what.

About 10 years later, my oldest child was about 3 and I had put her to bed. She came running into my room about 3 in the morning saying she saw a woman with no face. She couldn't describe the woman very well, only that she was petting her head and she had no face.

It makes me wonder if the woman may have been related somehow and if my child and I saw the same woman.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, remainunbroken, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

remainunbroken (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-04)
Ok, answering questions... No, my daughter's room was not the same as mine. Different states, different houses. The house that I saw lady was built in '73 the house my daughter saw the lady was built in '75. Not sure how many owners my parents' house has had. The house that my daughter saw the lady in has only belonged to my huaband's grandmother and then after she passed last year it became my mother in law's.
As for my daughter having a bad dream when she saw the woman, it is possible. Although she never said she had had a bad dream. Just that she saw a woman. I have never told my daughter about the woman because I wanted to forget her.
She seems familiar, but at the same time she doesn't seem familiar, if that makes sense.
Mystic25 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-03)
My question is has she ever heard you mention anything about the woman with no face? And when you're daughter said the lady was petting her hair did she wake up from a bad dream? If so then maybe she is seeing the same person. Possibly the woman is a comforter, because she only shows up when you were scared from a bad dream. Does the presence of the woman feel familiar?
NinjaPirateAssasin (9 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-03)
I wonder if the spirit was someone who lived in that house before? I'm not sure if you still live in the same house and if your daughters bedroom was your previous bedroom.

If not, I wonder if the spirit is an ancestor. Maybe your great-grandmother, or even farther back. They may just want to comfort the family.
liza25 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-03)
This is pretty creepy... Its enough scary to see someone looking at you when you suddenly wake up from sleep, leave alone carassing your head... Gives me the creeps 😨
remainunbroken (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-02)
Both of my grandmothers and my mother are all still very much alive. As for feeling if the spirit was malevolent, no. I have had other spirits that I have seen and felt that were malevolent, but this "woman" I have never had a bad feeling from her.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-02)
remainunbroken I think it is a spirit of your grandma... But as far as my experience if it was your grandma then you shouldn't be afraid... Really it's a strange... Let's see what other readers will suggest!
Antu (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-30)
Remainunbroken you do not mention if your mom and/or grandmother were still alive at the time of your first experience and my first thought when reading your account was whether or not this may have been one of them? The fact that the spirit had no face is not completely unusual as it could simply be that the spirit did not have the energy to fully manifest; however it could also be a not so well intentioned spirit trying to mask their own identity and present to you in a manner in which you would identify with, to put you off-guard and possibly open to some sort of attachment. Have you had any sign of this spirit possibly being malevolent at all?

Cheers~~Antu

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: