You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Balloon Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Balloon Ghost

 

This is my first story, and it freaked me out. I have a friend (an adult) and I seriously think her house is haunted. I saw the first sign about 2 months ago.

The owners of the house have twins (one year old) and one of them has this balloon that she loves. She has had it for about a year (it's re inflatable) and has never been scared of it. Their mother had gone to the bathroom, and they were in their cots, trying to get out (they do this very often). I gave one a dummy and she went straight to sleep. I decided to get the balloon out for the other one (it helps her get to sleep) bu when I got it out, and the balloon absolutely freaked her out!

The lights were on, so it wasn't like it was hard to see or anything (this may have scared her, as she may not have seen it clearly, it may look different etc.) then the balloon started moving side to side.

The windows and door were closed, as there was music playing and I was trying to get them to sleep, the fan was off and they don't have an air con so it wasn't like it was being blown or any thing. The child slowly backed into the corner with a terrified look on her eyes. I couldn't see anything (I didn't really look that hard though, as it freaked me out) I grabbed the balloon, and it suddenly got very cold. As soon as I put it away, the child settled down to sleep.

When I asked the parents, they said it has happened four of five times before. They would hear crying noises, and walked into the room to find both of their children in the corner of their cots, screaming and both staring in the same direction. Various other events, such as slamming doors and this one mask that rotates throughout the day.

I hope you enjoyed this, and would like to know, should I be scared? I go to their house often for parties and stuff.

Liana Kathryn

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lianakathryn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-11)
Hi Liana - thanks for sharing. I see you don't want to participate in the discussion but you ask "should I be scared?"

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself" as some important person probably said once but I'm feeling far too lazy to look up who it was...

But I digress: if you end up participating, can I ask - where was the balloon when it started moving? Were you holding it? Was it attached to the cot? Did the child have it? Was it a helium one? A balloon that lasts a year must be a Guinness World Record with two one year olds in the house. What's it made of? I want some! Where can I buy them!?

Also; how long did it take for the child to settle down to sleep once the balloon was removed? How long did it take for the other child to go to sleep once you gave it it's dummy? Straight away? (I've got 3 kids, if there's a magic dummy then send me one! LOL)

Sorry for all the questions but there's aspects of this tale that I'm struggling with, so if you could enlighten me that would be great and maybe it would help for myself to offer some sound advice as whether you should be scared or not.

Cheers

Mack
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-11)
Thank you so much for sharing that story with us. It means alot. I just hope those kids are ok.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-04)
Thanks Red, but with a child involved let's just post it here for the O/P...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-04)
lianakaththryn,
There is a member named Rookdygin that has a cleansing/shielding method that has worked quite well for a number of members. It takes several days to do but is not difficult to do. My tablet is just about to die on my tablet so I can't give you his method. But if you want to look up his profile tpe in his name in search this site and just click on anything with his name and it should take you to his profile.
Regards
Red
mayamie (12 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-02)
In your story, you wrote that a "mask" rotates? What kind of "mask" is it?
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-30)
Wow this is just frightning to hear. I think She should clence that room and the whole house as well. A lot of times Ghost/spirits like to atach them selves to children a lot of them play with them but in this case they were scared so this would really be something to be scared of. I would watch them with my life. Like last night my roomate told her 3 year old daughter got up at like 2 am to sleep with them but she said both her and her husband got terrified when they saw she was plying peek a boo with someone and there was no one there. Scary uh? Today were clensing the house we believe there is a bad spirit there that cause her husband to have mad anger issues. Anyway great story. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: