You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Personal Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

A Personal Haunting

 

Greetings. This is something that I've always wanted to talk about, but I've never really been open about until recently. I thought it was normal, but in researching and talking to more people, it's come to my attention that it's not so. So, I should start from the beginning.

I have two entities that have followed me around for most of my life. The first one I call the Wolf. He takes the form of a wolf (hence the name I gave him as a child) and I'd only see him during storms or cloudy weather. I always loved rain as a kid, and I think that's part of the reason he'd show up - either because of my heightened happiness, or that his presence is more tied with weather. I've never been sure. In any case, he's always brought a feeling of excitement with him, and even though I couldn't see him directly, I could see him in my mind's eye and sense where he was.

The second entity is much less pleasant. I never gave him a name, but I've taken to calling him the Wraith. The Wraith appeared before the Wolf, when I was five. I'd go to bed, and then feel his presence enter the room when the night quieted down. He'd cheat - unlike the Wolf, who didn't give himself a more malleable form, the Wraith would use darkness to his advantage. He'd seep through the cracks in my closet, nothing more than a cloud of shadow with pale yellow eyes within it. He'd float towards me, and I'd throw the sheets over my head, trying to force him away. That seemed to work, as he'd always drift back to the closet, but I could feel him biding his time, knowing that I had to come out from the sheets eventually from the insulating heat within it. For some reason I was convinced this was normal, and never told my parents.

Two years after that first experience and the subsequent visits, I moved from that room to the room next door (as a sibling had moved out for college and I upgraded in room status) and the Wraith began to lose interest - or rather, it seems it became harder for him to reach me. He'd always come from that room, seep through the hall, and start slithering under my door, but by that point I felt like I had more control of him. I'd force myself to ignore him, and he eventually left me alone entirely.

That changed when we moved to our new home, about 4 miles away, around 8 years later. After some time, the Wraith reappeared there, and had changed appearances. He was now a floating skull with white, pinprick eyes and a shawl about him, the details harsh around his face and fading into the blackness. He'd hover over my bed and stare at me, filling me with that familiar, paralyzing fear. I knew, cognitively, that he couldn't hurt me, but whatever he was doing to my body prevented it from obeying. I also noticed that there were other shapes in the darkness too - other things that seemed to be surrounding the Wraith, shifting faces and bulging eyes that would wink in and out of view.

I learned, as the years passed in that house, how to fight him. I'd slowly stand up in bed and force myself to move in the darkness, my muscles fighting the Wraith's heavy fear. The Wraith began to lose power over me again, and he became so desperate that he even tried manifesting during the day, along with those strange, otherworldly demons or shapes or whatever surrounded him. Focusing all my willpower, I whispered, "I'm not afraid of you anymore. Go!" And for about 4-5 years, the Wraith and the Wolf went silent.

Last year, the Wraith made another appearance. This time, his form is that of a hanged man, with a pale-skinned head attached to a distorted, limp neck that can't move, his head constantly laying on his shoulder. He wears a dark green jacket and something underneath it, I think it's a button-down, collared black or gray shirt. He's tall, about 7 feet I'd say, and his limbs seem to fade into darkness.

In all of these encounters, the Wraith has never moved an inch (aside from the childhood experiences). He just stays in one spot and stares at me, and he has a strange affinity for closets and closet-like areas. He's... Watching me type this as we speak, in my dorm room. And I feel a little anxious from his presence.

Thankfully, the Wolf helps a great deal. I'm not sure if he's an enemy to the Wraith or a guardian angel or what, but the Wolf keeps him in check. Every time the Wraith tries to overwhelm me, the influence of the Wolf fills me and I fight back, and the Wraith retreats. I feel like I've given a lot of power back to the Wraith because I've finally admitted that he has some presence in my life, whereas before I wasn't convinced he was even there necessarily. I suppose I was using denial to keep myself safe. But I'm relearning how to banish him, now with pure willpower instead of denial.

I guess at this point I'm mainly wondering a few things: what IS the Wraith? A Christian demon of some kind? An evil spirit? Something else? And what were those things around him that I saw, and why aren't they around him anymore, or not as heavily? Is it something to do with me beating him years ago? Also, my father has seen a lot of ghosts in his life, and he didn't tell me about his experiences until about 7-8 months ago. Does that hold any significance? Lastly, it seems like the Wraith was bound to that closet - how was he able to get to the new house and to me though? It would've made more sense for him to stay in that house and stay with the new people who moved in, right?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wolf-N-Stuff, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-11)
You write really well. I'm with broken tree on this one.
Thanks for sharing.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-05)
hey biraj,

I have a question for you. Are you basically talking about using cognative therapy to rid ones self of ghosts/spirits or, are you using this forum for some other reason, like for some type of personal gain?

😊
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-01-04)
This sounds like a bad reaction to a writing assignment. This site does get a lot of BS stories and that really can't be helped. The trolls and the freakazoids are out there. I hope you get at least a C so you don't have to repeat the class.
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-04)
My Candid Opinion: Are you totally sure the 'wraith' has been the same predominant presence you've have been seeing for years? I mean this thing has taken different shapes/appearances,how sure are you it is the same entity? You said you moved elsewhere and it followed you! Are you certain? Because I honestly think it has since left you and what you are experiencing now is caused by another entity. You just assumed it's been the 'wraith' all this while but you might be wrong. I suggest you think and connect the dots. As regards to the wolf, it could be a sort of 'protector' if that makes any sense or maybe not! I'm not sure.
Respectfully...PB!
xlauraloux (20 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-04)
Hi wolf-n-stuff

I've always believed wolfs are spirit guides that will guide you through bad times so the feeling you feel from the wolf would be correct, the wraith as you call it sounds more like it is attached to yourself or something that belongs to you rather than a closet, maybe this is how you in your mind or the wolf contains the wraith by keeping it in the closet until it has enough energy to manifest outside of it. The fact you have admitted to yourself that it is there and are feeling anxious and maybe a little scared now? Is giving it more power.

I suggest you cleanse yourself, your possessions and your home to banish this wraith, ask for help from the wolf spirit to help protect you whilst you do this and make sure you protect everything after you have done the cleansing.

I'm sure someone on here will be able too point you in the direct of how to go about doing this the correct way.

Thanks for sharing
Matchu (14 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-01)
Sounds a lot like you have a guardian wolf and a pain in a 😨 😁 doesn't seem to be demonic though when you see the wraith do you have nightmares? They could be attached to you and that's why they followed you from home to home then eventually a dorm. A simple cleansing method might cure the problem. It does seem as though youve handled the situation pretty well. Attempt to cleanse your dorm. Good luck
bellaboo237 (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-31)
BIRAJ I don't get you at all... You are offering help and in the process condemning other forms of help? Then you post some crazy rant below it? 😕
vintageglam (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-31)
Whoa...its a lot to take in. Have you seek any help from a doctor or pastor?

This comment from biraj is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

This comment from biraj is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

broiquapride (22 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-30)
I feel that you have a ghost that is attached to you and that is all it is. If it was a demon it would try to cause bodily harm to you. Look at this site it will give you more insight to what I am saying. Http://manchesterparanormal.org/FAQ.php

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: