You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voices In The Middle Of The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Voices In The Middle Of The Night

 

I submitted a story a month or so ago in the same exact house but I have another story to share with you and I hope someone can help me understand it. I do not know what to make of it, but here it goes.

I was in the middle of a deep sleep as I was extremely tired from the day before. It was perfectly quiet in our room, the dogs weren't even making a peep. All of a sudden, it had to be around 3 or 4 am, I awoke and all I heard was a girl talking right next to the bed. I have never heard anything like this before. All I know is I could not make out what she was saying, sounded like whispering and it only lasted about a minute or so and then it stopped. I had went back to sleep and thought nothing of it. It didn't seem to scare me just sounded innocent in a way.

When I got up this morning to get ready for work I said to my fiance, "Were you talking to yourself this morning?" and he said no. So anyway, I am not sure exactly what more I can do about finding out what this girl said. Even though I didn't physically see anything there, I know I did hear her and felt like she was right next to me. I never experienced something talking to me before but the voice sounded calm and innocent like it was not looking to cause harm or anything, at least I that is what I hope. I hope that she comes back to me again, and I will be able to make out what she was trying to say or trying to tell me.

If anyone encountered this before please feel free to leave a comment and maybe it will help me out a little. Thank you.

Other hauntings by brighteyez

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brighteyez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SugaRoss (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-02)
Hi, I've had similar experiences - so many times. I would be fast asleep and wake up from someone either shouting or speaking very loud, and it sounds like it's coming from right beside me. It's so 'loud' that it wakes me up and I can feel my ears ringing. Freaks me out. It's not just that there are loud voices, it's what they're saying too. Once, a man's voice yelled out, 'Oh, she's fast asleep now!' another time it was lots of voices laughing.
thefarmer (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-11)
Hello me and my brother had a experience similar. We were walking to the grocery store one night and this lady/ entity walked right between us. She got right in both of our faces and what she sounded like I will never forget. It was like a record being played at high speed. We couldn't understand what she was saying. Not a high voice just really fast. We were both shocked by her and we turned around and she was gone. Me and my brother both ran to the store after that. Very creepy.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-10)
Thanks Brighteyez, that's an interesting experience.

I awoke once to what I can only describe as the sound of a party; lots of voices babbling and murmuring away. It lasted only a couple of seconds, but I also had a clear picture of lots of men and women's feet on a floor about eye level to me lying in bed. It was great because as a first-time parent, that the first "party" I'd been to in a long time!

Leading on from a comment by Dee-J; many people (myself included) believe that sleep serves two purposes; one is rest our bodies (which are electric-meat machines at the end of the day) and the second is for the spirit to gain experience in the spirit world which will be our greater and permanent home eventually.

So in that regard, when we are awaking, we are still part in this world and part in spirit, hence why we can possibly sense and experience spirit more easily at these times?

Cheers

Mack
Dee-J (12 stories) (69 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-09)
Hi brighteyez: You are not alone on this one. I can't say I know how to help but I have gone through the same thing before. Back in 2006 there were numerous nights when I would be asleep and at certain times of the night, usually between 1 and 4 am I would hear this raspy female voice beside my bed. I couldn't tell what she was saying but it sounded as if what she was saying was in a malicious tone, but it always sounded like a whisper.

Each time I heard it I would abruptly wake up and there would be nothing there. It was hard to put it down as just a dream because it's as if I heard it outside of the dream, if that makes sense. You know how you be sleep sometimes and there is someone else around and you can still hear them talking while you're asleep? Well, it was that same thing.

One night in particular I heard the voice by my bedside again but what really got to me on this night was that I heard something sit down in the computer chair (which is also by my bed) and make a popping sound as it sat down. I immediately woke up out of my sleep and was scared senseless. The crazy thing is that I saw no one there, but I felt this weird presence as if someone was right there. Needless to say I did not sleep in the room the rest of that night.

Those nights were very scary but I'm glad that activity finally ceased.

I apologize for putting a story in your comments, but again, I just wanted you to know that you are not the only one that has experienced something like that.

Sometimes spirits have a tendency to try to communicate with us through our sleep. There is something about certain stages of sleep that make us more in touch with the spiritual side.
brighteyez (9 stories) (21 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-08)
Hi Manafon1,

Thank you for sharing your story as well. I thought I was going crazy, I have had experiences like this in the past when I was younger, but nothing that actually was trying to speak to me. It hasn't happened since so I am sure its probably not lingering around, it was probably someone passing through. I will take it as an interesting experience that I had since I was not afraid.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-08)
brighteyez - I too have heard voices and it's hard to figure out what they're saying. I used to hear men, like old-time radio DJs (old being in the 70s LOL) and I could never figure out what they were saying. I have also heard women and children. The voices would get louder, but never decipherable.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-01-08)
Hi brighteyez--I had an experience that was quite similar to yours that occurred about three months ago. I wrote about it in the comment section of one of my earlier stories. At any rate, my wife and I both woke up at the same time, around three in the morning, and distinctly heard a female voice speaking that seemed to emanate from the space between my wife's head and her pillow. Her head was briefly raised. It spoke four words and instantly my wife and I asked each other, "what did you say?"

We didn't understand what the voice said but, for lack of a better description, it sounded as if was, "coming through in waves" (to take part of a line from Pink Floyd's 'Comfortable Numb'). Since the house we were staying at was a new construction, I feel it was a spirit merely "passing through".

It sounds like your visitor was equally benign. Is your house an old one? If so it could be the spirit of a former resident. Then again, maybe it was just passing through, saw you were awake and attempted to communicate. Either way, you had a unique experience. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: