You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was She Still There?

Real Ghost Stories

Was She Still There?

 

I almost spent my entire childhood at my maternal home. I belong to a conservative joint Bengali family and I am habituated to grow up with my kins.

The year was 2004 and I as usual went to my maternal home to spend my summer vacation there. My mamabari (maternal home) was in the suburban area of West Bengal, a south eastern state in India. Because it was a bit rural therefore we had lots of woods around my mamabari and a large pond in front of it. There was also a jasmine tree near to the pond. We had very few street lights during that time in that area. My maternal home was divided into two parts. One was old made with clay and thatched roof with a big corridor and the new one was under construction.

Me, my elder brother (uncle's son) and my younger sister were playing in the corridor in evening about 7:00 pm to 7:20 pm when my brother suddenly stopped and said that he liked that jasmine tree and doesn't want it to be cut. We also looked at the tree which could be seen directly from the main door. We asked why and he said that a girl died there two months ago and her spirit was causing trouble in the village and that's why the elders have decided to cut the tree (in villages in India people believe if a person died near any flower tree his/her spirit would latch itself to that tree). Then he went to get some cold water for us as it was very hot. The lights went out after that.

We were just wondering what might happen when we suddenly saw someone coming through the back door and sitting in between us. We were relieved because our brother was sitting in the middle just before he went to get some water. We were also scared a bit after hearing that, so it was such a relief that he returned soon. We could not see his face properly because there was a power cut and it was dark around us. My sister said, "Will they really cut the tree?" He didn't answer. He was sitting still. I asked the same thing and still no answer. Then we got really scared and I touched his hand to assure it was him or not when I felt it was extremely cold and hard like wood. My sister screamed at that time and suddenly the lights came back and we saw there was no one sitting between us. That scared the hell out of us and we ran into the house just to see that my brother was still standing near the fridge and complaining about the water not being cold due to frequent power cuts.

Thanks for reading my story and I apologize for the content being so long.

Other hauntings by terrortale

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, terrortale, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-20)
Hi Terror tale your story was chilling I think may be that girl spirit might have come to visit you as your brother showed compassion for the girl's death. May her soul RIP. Just to know what happen after this please reply.

God Bless You & Your Family
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Horrible experience. It gave me chills that someone was sitting between you two in the dark. And by the way the content is not too long.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Hi terrortale, please do respond to what Mac has asked. Yes, your narrative does have some loose ends. Perhaps I feel it might be because English is not your first language. Still a spirit manifesting itself so that you could feel with your hand and experienced it as cold is something very rare. Makes it difficult to believe.

If your sister had screamed, did you ask her why? And with that scream, definitely people might have come thinking that something might have happened. Did you discuss your experience with people of the house or with your cousin?

Please do respond.

Mac, in our country, especially in rural areas, they keep candles in a place and they painstakingly search for them even though there are frequent power-cuts.

Regards and respects to both of you.

SDS
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Hi "Terrortale" Thanks for sharing... I have many questions with your experience that don't make sense to me (which is often, maybe I'm a bit slow) Uummm... Where do I start?

You could both "see" this person coming through the back door, yet it was so dark inside that you couldn't see their face? Although it's sitting right between you both? In my experience when there's a power cut (or frequent power cuts) - candles are kept nearby and often lit.
You touched it's hand yet your sister screamed? Do you know why SHE suddenly screamed?
And that VERY instance she screamed the lights suddenly came back on? And this "manifestation" that was solid to the touch and icy cold was instantly gone?

Look, with all due respect to you, and please don't be offended, but this story feels a bit like a "sit around the campfire and creep each other out with scary ghost stories" one and I don't feel there's any genuine advice I can offer in terms of what you have written here.

Best Wishes
Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: