You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Indescribable Presence

Real Ghost Stories

Indescribable Presence

 

My Name is Kiah I live in Western Australia and have had my own experience with a spirit/ghost and would describe it as the most amazing but scary surreal feeling. In the back of my mind I had always believed in spirits and ghost as my mum would tell me stories and leave me very open minded about it all but the fun began when my grandfather passed away when I was around 15 years old.

I grew up being very much apart of my grandfather's life. It wasn't until his passing that things started to change. My family drifted from his wife as after his passing she married her ex husband and after some family drama she cut us off almost as she chose a side. This is when the fun began!

First time I noticed something was when I was home alone with my back facing towards an opening space while working on the family computer and from the corner of my eye I see a dark male shadow go past heading towards my brother's room. I freaked out and couldn't get out of that area quick enough! I go to tell my parents as soon as they're home, my dad of course just laughs and then my mum goes into shock saying the same thing happened to her only a week earlier but she didn't say anything as she didn't think much of it.

Next came our family TV turning on by itself. Again telling my parents but dad not being a believer saying I was just scared and over thinking everything, but it wasn't just once it happened. Then on another incident me and my partner at the time are in the kitchen and he sees the same dark shadow head into the hallway. He then said he believed everything I said about my feeling on this as he now witnessed it himself. And a family evening drinking made my dad spill the beans that he had seen it too himself but didn't want us believing and getting scared over it. So that was confirmed that we now have a visitor in our house!

We then all began to notice patterns in when we would get a visit, which happened to be when we made any contact with my grandmother (his wife). My mum and me would just laugh about it saying it's just grandpa. We would even joke and talk to him, until one day I began to get annoyed when my TV remote went missing for days! I would say mum the ghost has taken my remote. It can't go missing I've looked everywhere, again making a joke of it. So she decided to come give it a mum look. We searched everywhere, under the bed and everything. Then we turn away, look back and all of a sudden the remote is sitting in the middle of my floor in the most obvious spot that 2 sets of eyes couldn't miss!

He would make himself noticeable like he was coming and going. The TV and lights turning on didn't bother us as it became common but for my 17th birthday I got this play sword from a friend that would make sound on movement. I had this sitting in the corner of my room for 2 months after my birthday and it hadn't yet made a sound until one afternoon I spent cleaning my room and finished it off lighting a nice candle and being a believer in spirits I notice the candle begin to flicker. I became scared and felt a odd vibe in my room. I went out to my mum and told her she just laughed and said I'm being silly but then I go back in my room to try shake it off and that sword that hadn't made a sound went off! I had never been so scared in my life, my body froze and I yelled for my mum to come in my room and I explained what had happened. It again would go off with her in the room and she to began to think. The feeling in the room was incredible, something I have never felt in my entire life.

We're sitting on my bed trying to take in what's happening then mum speaks out loud and goes "If you're here give us a sign" and on call the sword went off once again! I jumped into my mother's arms and burst into tears. We then left the room and me being terrified refusing to go back in, mum took me in and sat me down on my bed. The room now feeling completely different. It felt empty nothing like it felt 10 minutes prior, even my mother could feel the difference.

After that there was nothing else, maybe it was him saying goodbye? That I am not to sure of... Maybe he seen how scared I was and didn't want to make me feel like that? That I don't know either but what I do know was that feeling was somewhat magical no matter how scared it made me, just feeling the presence in my room was a feeling that is indescribable.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kiah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
Hi Kiah,
I think you're right - that final experience was your grandfather saying goodbye because he had realized that his continued presence had begun to scare you and that's not what he wanted. I had a similar experience after my grandparents' passing that should be posted soon - I hope it will be helpful to you:)
-Gus
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Hi Kiah, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experiences. Can I ask how long it was between your Grandfather passing and the events in your home?
It certainly sounds like someone was attempting to get your attention and could well have been your Grandfather, as the activity, to me, didn't appear malicious and I assume you and him were quite close.

He may have been simply attempting to communicate to you that he was still "alive" and well (but inadvertently freaking you out!)

Cheers

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: