You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost In High Heels?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In High Heels?

 

I am new to this site but have read a lot of the stories and feel inspired to share my own. This takes place at my former place of work, a residential home for elderly people, so we dealt with death regularly and many of my coworkers had claimed to see or hear things in this place.

I was working the late shift and on a unit that led into another unit by a long corridor. My coworker and I were folding laundry at the end of an uneventful shift and chatting about general things just around the corner at the point where the two corridors meet. Suddenly we heard what can only be described as someone in high heels walking down the corridor.

We exchanged puzzled looks as no one we could think of would be wearing that kind of footwear in this environment. The employees all wore flat shoes/trainers and residents mostly wore slippers/flat shoes. Just as the footsteps came to the point where the wearer should have come into view, they stopped. We exchanged another look and both walked to look at who was there.

All we found was an empty corridor! It also felt rather cold. Very unusual as with the heating on constantly it's usually like a sauna! We both laughed nervously and after a very fast room check... Together!... And finding all our residents asleep, We decided we had folded enough laundry and headed for the nightshift takeover!

We did question other people on shift at the time but couldn't find anyone, worker or resident, who even owned heeled shoes let alone was wandering the corridors in them! We felt quite unnerved as neither of us had experienced anything like this before.

There have been a few more occurrences in this location that I will write at a later date.

Other hauntings by Angelkiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Angelkiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-18)
Hi Gus
These places usually have a high mortality rate so yes I believe there will be residual energy around these places
Thanks for your comments
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
Your story has made me consider something - I've never thought about it or made the connection before but, even though I come from a family of doctors and nurses and therefore spent plenty of time around hospitals as a young child - I've always had a phobia of hospitals and, especially, nursing and retirement homes... I wonder if it's because of all the deaths that regularly occur in those environments leading to a charged energy that I'm picking up on and interpreting as fear.
Cheers,
-Gus
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-18)
Hi Manafon
Thanks for your insights and advice on this
I'm slowly working my way through the stories on here and will look out for the ones you describe
And thanks also your recommendations
😆
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-18)
Hi Angelkiss--Your account of an audial apparitional sound of high heels heard by you and a coworker was interesting. Mack gave some good insight but I would disagree that most spirit manifestations are usually only experienced by one person. Venerable groups and societies like the American and British Society of Psychical Research have published many, many books over the years that specifically compile nothing but "collective" cases of people seeing/hearing what would be described as ghosts.

Just from my own experience I can think of several occasions when my wife and I have heard, at the same moment, voices/doors slamming (and other odd sounds--see my story Incidents on South York Street for more here on YGS) and an incident during an investigation I did many years ago where a psychic and I simultaneously heard two voices talking from an adjoining room when it was otherwise "empty".

Just three months ago, as I have previously described on YGS, my wife and I both heard a voice coming from thin air between us in the middle of the night. Your experience is another nice example of a case of a collective audial apparitional sound. I'm sure if you start reading random stories here on YGS you will come across many more. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-18)
Hi mack
Thanks for your comments and insights it is appreciated
I have no real knowledge of the spirit world/paranormal etc and whilst I'm not a skeptic, I do tend to try an reason things out but again I'm quite open minded.
We definately both heard the footsteps and as you say that is unusual I wonder now why we both had the same experience at the same time
I find that quite intriguing!
😆
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-18)
Hi Angelkiss
Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience. On the surface this sounds like a residual haunting; not sure if you have heard of those? These are when past actions (sometimes emotionally charged such as a battle scene or something mundane such as a figure walking along) are somehow imprinted on the "ether" if you will, and occasionally these events are replayed.
However with the change of temperature you experienced, it suggests possibly a spirit presence accompanying the footsteps.
Perhaps the perceived change in temperature have been you getting " the chills" after hearing the footsteps but seeing no one there?
What is unusual is that you both heard the footsteps. Often, but not always, spirits manifestations are witnessed by one individual only.
Some points to ponder. Your experience was well written, vivid and very interesting.
Regards
Mack 😊
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
Hi Calamity
Yep, not that we were scared at all, haha! But we generously decided to leave it for the nightshift to do, didn't want them to get bored on shift! 😆
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
Hi miracles51031

No there was definately no one there. We had a full view if the corridor in both directions so we were very sure. We did try and reason it out between ourselves but that was from pure nerves!
Calamity (2 stories) (53 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Angelkiss - I enjoyed your story very much. I especially appreciated the fact that you two decided you had folded enough laundry for one night! I can see myself reacting the same way. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Angelkiss - having worked in an office environment most of my life, I know high heels make a very distinctive sound. Especially in an empty corridor and, I'm assuming, a non-carpeted floor.

I have a question though, only because this happened to me yesterday. Was there anyone around when you looked? Specifically a man? The reason I ask is because yesterday I mistook one coworker for another because of the sound of their shoes. I have worked here for over 15 years and over time have come to recognize who is who by the sound of their steps, or the way they stir their coffee/tea LOL Anyway, yesterday I heard walking, and assumed it was a female coworker. Oddly enough it was one of the men. His shoes have a tap, tap, tap sound to them, very similar to high heels. I was quite surprised to find I was wrong about the identity of this person.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience. I find the stories that take place in assisted living/nursing home/residential homes for the elderly quite fascinating. 😊
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Welcome to YGH. A nice post. I'll wait for your other stories to be here soon. Eager to know your other experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: