You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost At Grandma's House

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost At Grandma's House

 

When I was in the later part of high school, back in the 1980's, I ended up moving in with my grandmother so she would have someone at home with her. Her house, built back in the 1930's, was a small two story, two bedroom home, with a basement. There was something always about the house that made you feel uneasy at times, especially the basement. I always felt like there was a presence down in that musty place, but this is not what I am writing and sharing my story about. It was upstairs, in the bedroom I stayed in.

It was one night, I woke up, and I thought it was my grandmother looking over my dresser. The unusual thing was that this woman had dark black hair, done up in a 1940's style and wore a gown, but I didn't see her face. As I stated, I thought it was my grandmother, since it was just me and her who lived in the house. I remember asking her what she was looking for and she told me everything was fine, and to go back to sleep. I did lay back down, and went back to sleep.

In the morning, I asked my grandmother what she was looking for last night on my dresser, and she was very adamant that she had not been in my room that night and she was in her room the entire night and that I must have been dreaming. I didn't pursue it any further, but I did feel that I saw a figure of a woman in my room.

Fast forward to a few years ago, I was married and had moved out of state. On a vacation, I visited down with my Aunt and cousins, and while we were in her living room, she told me a lot of history of me and when my cousins were up in Ohio as a babies. She described of seeing a spirit of a woman with black hair, done up in a bun, and wore a night gown, who would look over the crib at the infants inside. She did not feel any harm would come from this woman, and that she was just watching out for the babies.

As she told me this, every hair on my body stood up, and I was about to jump out of my skin. She described the woman I saw that night in the bedroom.

Grandma has passed on and the house has been sold to another person, but even to this day, I do feel like something is drawing me back to the house. When I go to the city that is located in, Cincinnati, I often make it a habit of driving by it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, captjnye, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-17)
Captjyne, do you think the figure you saw had the overall appearance of a shadow person?
Argette (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Yes, many unanswered questions here.

It is interesting that the house draws you back. Unfinished business, maybe?

Or perhaps the resident caretaker just wants to check up on you...
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Nice account and full of mystery, who was that lady whom you saw and your aunt saw is still a mystery and I suppose will always be because some of our questions always remain unanswered.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: