You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: College Entity

Real Ghost Stories

College Entity

 

This year, I'm living in a dorm room at a big university (avoiding using the name) with a roommate.

In the room, both sides of the room are identical, so we each have a walk in closet. About two feet from the door of the closet is our desks, which are pushed up against the end of our lofted beds. On the other side of our beds are 4 shelves, but they're pretty hard to reach as you have to move your arms through the bed frame. You can only reach the top shelf if you're in the bed as it is above the bed frame.

I keep a fan on this that we use at night like a white noise machine. If I sit at my desk, I can clearly see underneath my roommate's bed and on top of her bed. She can see above and below my bed clearly from her desk. The desks are also our ladders into our lofted beds, so we can't see under our own beds from our desk.

Over the first few weeks, my roommate and I noticed things not being where we left them. We dismissed this, assuming we moved it and forgot. Sometimes we would make jokes that a ghost moved them.

One day, both my roommate and I were sitting at our desks. I was unable to find something and I was joking with my roommate about the ghost doing it. Only a second after saying this, I heard something hit the back of my desk. My roommate, completely terrified, said that a hot pad had just went flying off of my shelf and hit the back of my desk. I wasn't looking for a hot pad, but it kept me and my roommate from making any comments about the ghost for a few days.

Sometimes, I get a very bad, oppressive feeling. It comes and goes. Sometimes it happens while my roommate is with me, other times it doesn't. I've never mentioned this to my roommate, so I'm not sure if she feels this too. She does mention the room being freezing cold at times when I find the room to be almost stuffy.

On multiple occasions, my laptop has started to glitch out. As in the cursor starts moving on its own, clicking and opening things even if I disable the mouse. Whenever this happens, my word program and email always get opened up. The weird thing is that if I move my laptop off my desk, it stops instantly. Moving it back can sometimes start it again.

More recently, I woke up to my roommate being really freaked out, but she refused to talk about anything until we were at lunch (outside of the dorm). She told me that she woke up at 7 am to hear rustling and movement by my desk. She assumed that I was up early working on homework. She looked over and saw a dark figure moving around by my desk, which she assumed was me (both of us need glasses and contacts and keep both on our desks, so we can really only make out general outlines while we're in bed. Not to mention, our room is pretty dark without a light on, which makes seeing things even harder). She tried to go back to sleep, but the noise continued. She could clearly hear my fan (which I will forget to turn off in the mornings) and sat back up to tell me I left it on.

At this point, she realized she could make out my general outline in my bed, but could still see a figure moving at my desk. She promptly threw a blanket over her head and refused to get up until after I did. I slept until 8:30 that morning, so it definitely wasn't me.

The only door to our room was still locked when we got up so it doesn't seem like anyone could have walked in. We're also on the fourth floor with a locked window so there's no way anyone entered through the window. But, personally, I have never seen anything in our room.

The closest I've come to "seeing" something is once after getting into bed, I was moving the covers around. My roommate was in her night class and I was definitely alone in the room. I felt the oppressive feeling again, as if it was right next to me, but was ignoring it. As I moved a blanket near the edge of my bed (right by the middle of the room), I felt a cold hand grab onto my wrist. I jerked (and freed myself with this action), and saw no hand or anyone by the bed. I immediately threw my arm under the covers and turned away from the edge of my bed so that my face was right up against the wall.

The feeling stayed for a while, and I couldn't shake the feeling of a presence standing right by my bed, watching me. The presence seemed to leave just minutes before my roommate returned. I never told her what happened though, so I can't say if she's had a similar experience. But, seeing as she told me about seeing the dark figure, I imagine she would tell me.

Not sure if the entity is focused solely in our room, the floor, or the whole building. The building is newer, so I doubt anyone died here. I'm also not sure if the entity is something I brought from my own home here. It seems focused more on me, as the hot pad was mine, it's only messed with my laptop, it grabbed me, and it was seen moving around my desk. But, I have told my roommate about some of my ghost encounters before while we were in the room, so that might be why it's more focused on me.

I doubt it's more focused on me about jokes of "it was the ghost!" as my roommate makes those jokes far more than I do, and I've stopped completely now. I can't speak for certain about items being moved around, because I'm not sure what's been moved by us and forgotten or what has been moved by a ghost. But, if anything else happens, I will make a post about it.

Other hauntings by NinjaPirateAssasin

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NinjaPirateAssasin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NinjaPirateAssasin (9 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-17)
Yheladeth, I have talked to her about it some more. She's certain she saw a black figure at my desk. I've considered stress, but the weekend it happened was a week after her 8 week courses ended, so she had almost no homework and had worked ahead in all her classes. So stress doesn't seem like it could be a factor. I've tried to ask my floor neighbors some questions, but two of them are from the area and go home for dinner and spend the night/weekends at their parents house. The other two are in relationships and tend not to spend nights or really much time in their dorm room.

DandK,, that's the first thing I had checked! My firewalls are all on. My dad and older brother are computer science majors, and they checked and couldn't find any sign of my laptop being hacked. Sadly, I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone who lived here previously. It's a huge building, and I've talked to some people who lived here previously, but I can't find anyone from my floor or that knew someone from my floor.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-17)
NinjaPirateAssasin, I think your experience is interesting. One thing, check you computer's remote management to make sure that remote access is turned off. It is possible that someone could be getting on to your computer, especially in the close quarters of a dorm. It could be that changing location from your desk interferes with the WiFi of the person hacking you. Are your firewalls on?

As far as the potholder goes, that really seems like an entity trying to get your attention. I wonder why? I don't know much about this, but the times I've heard of stuff flying around has been in situations where it seems like an entity is trying to keep people away. Maybe something in your room is annoying it?

Anyone know who might have had the room the previous year? It would be interesting to know if they had any experiences.

Thanks for sharing your story!
Yheladeth (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
I think you should talk to your roomate about your experiences, that way you can make sure that it is not only due to college nervousness or you being tired, I am in college myself and I know how stressful it can be. Maybe you can ask other people living in the same building if they have experienced something, at least that's what I would do. I really enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing. 😁
NinjaPirateAssasin (9 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Argette, thanks for reading! That's a good idea, but we didn't have the air on that week. It was starting to get cold and the building didn't have the heat on yet, so we turned off all the air in our room. The air and heat is also extremely noisy when they're on, so she would have known. She's also adamant that she could see the outline of a person. We can both see outlines and such without our glasses, just not make out details or see them as clearly with glasses/contacts. I've also had my laptop checked out multiple times, and everyone has told me I shouldn't be experiencing any of the issues that I am because my laptop is in top shape.
Argette (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
My first thought this that the fan is fluttering papers and possibly anything hanging up. That could create the sensation of something or someone at the desk. Also could there be electrical issues? I'm sure you've thought of these things, though...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: