You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Girl Staring At Me

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl Staring At Me

 

I cannot tell you for sure that what I saw was a ghost, but when you understand the full story behind it and the sheer coincidence of what happened then you can't deny it's pretty strange.

I was with my friend driving around doing deliveries for his dad's takeaway shop. It was the last orders of the night (around 2am) and we got talking about his old house that was in the area.

His mum said she had experienced strange things in the house, items being moved, lights turning on when nobody was home etc. His sister, however, claims to have had a very bizarre encounter. She was playing in her room, aged around 10 years old, when a little girl dropped from the ceiling landing a few feet in front of her, she then flew across the room towards her before falling through the floor, disappearing.

The final straw came when his mum was doing the ironing and popped upstairs for a few minutes. When she came down the iron had been placed face down on the board and the fabric was starting to smoke. That freaked her out a lot, simply because she had found out from neighbours that a little girl had died in their house in a house fire years before. She didn't want to live there anymore understandably.

My friend had just finished telling that story when, by pure coincidence, we drove up next to his old house that he had been talking about. (I knew he wasn't lying about it because he had pointed out the same house a few times before on separate occasions). He was delivering to a house a few doors down so he parked directly outside it.

He just froze, staring at his old home. He looked shocked, I asked him what was up and he said do you not see that little girl? I looked again and in the downstairs living room window was a face staring at us, very white and doll like. I had already seen it before him and was soo sure it was simply an ornament of a head so I didn't think anything of it. It didn't look alive. I laughed and said it's not a little girl, but he was certain it was.

No lights were on in that house, the living room would have been pitch black and it's 2 in the morning. We continued to look at the face until it slowly backed away from the window and the blinds fell back into place. I was completely speechless. I felt stupid for even thinking it was an ornament but I don't have the best eyesight lol.

The fact that he had literally just finished telling me the story of what happened in that house had convinced us both that what we saw was a ghost. It could have been a coincidence and it was just a little girl in a dark room on her own in the middle of the night, very unlikely though. Did the spirit know we were talking about her and that's why she chose to show herself?

Let me know what you guys think. Cheers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jordanking95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mystic25 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-24)
Jordan, That had to be an interesting turn of events. To have just been talking about the girl and her death and there she is. I rarely believe in coincidence and would not be surprised if she somehow knew you would be there. Definitely an interesting read, thanks for sharing this with us. 😊
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-23)
Greetings and welcome, Jordan.

Several ghost stories here on YGS contain details of synchronicity which make dismissing prior knowledge (on the part of the spirit) a simplistic attitude at best. There have been accounts in which the spirits warn living people of future dangers (either as harbingers or in direct conversation), and other accounts in which the supernatural entities seem to have no idea that decades -even centuries- have passed. Drawing upon these narratives in addition to your own, I'd hesitantly guess that she knew you were coming.

What prompted your friend to talk about the old house; was it just the proximity to the address for his last delivery? Had something else happened to spark his memories? Also, what manner of little child goes wandering around his/her home in the DARK? Most kids don't like the fact they cannot see their surroundings, so they turn on the lights for reassurance. At 2 a.m., a restless child wouldn't be just hanging around looking out of the window at a mostly-empty street, surely?

Take Care,
Biblio.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-20)
Jordan, I love weird encounters like this where you're not sure if it was a ghost or not. It sort of adds to the intrigue. I'm leaning toward ghost for this.
I have a theory ghosts show up more than people realise. That probably everyone's encountered, some without knowing it. Maybe this girl regularly watches out at night and had no knowledge you'd happen upon her window that night.
Great timing with the conversation, that must have been a trip!
Jordanking95 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-20)
Yeah she died years before they moved in and they only found out about it after they had been living there for years
softballplayer15 (9 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-19)
weird 😕 I would be very scared. So a little girl died in the house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: