You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Sleepless Night

Real Ghost Stories

A Sleepless Night

 

A lot of people that came to my house had experiences they cannot explain. Such as seeing things or hearing stuff, but I have not experienced anything like this before and I was hoping I wouldn't. Well one night back in January my family and I just got back from Oklahoma City and I got a new cell phone. I was real excited because this phone was really expensive. Later after everybody had gone to bed, I was still up texting friends and listening to music. Just as I was about to fall asleep I thought I heard someone walking past my doorway and towards the living room, so I got up to see if it was my dad or my mom, because they usually get up to check on me and my brothers.

After I got up and looked, no one was up, so I thought I would try to go to sleep and forget about it. While I was laying in my bed, not even five minutes after I had laid down, I heard someone say my name, like they were trying to whisper to me. It really freaked me out, because after I heard that, I had this feeling that someone was in my room. I laid there still, I was too scared to get up and go to my parents room or anywhere, that's how scared I was.

After a couple of minutes, I heard my mom in the kitchen, so I got up and told her what had happened. When I was telling her, I didn't realize I was crying. My mom believed me and woke my dad up and told him what had happened. Right after she had told him, he got up and told me to wait in their room with my mom, me being Native American, he went to get some cedar and burn it so he could smoke the house. When he was doing that, my mom and I were sitting on their bed talking and in their room, there is a bathroom so that door was closed the whole time we were talking. All of a sudden that door opened and then it slammed shut. After that I kind of froze and said nothing the rest of that night.

After I had that experience, stuff happened to me once in awhile but nothing like this. I will never forget that night, it was like a dream but it wasn't, it actually happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mo_mo3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BellaTruex (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
As I would suggest to anyone going through any experience similar to this, don't give it any attention. Act as though you aren't seeing or hearing anything. In my experience, they will eventually leave if they aren't being noticed. But that has only worked half the time. If you already tried to purify and the experiences are still happening, it didn't work. Smudge your house with white sage. You can look up how to do that. I also suggest throwing small pinches of sage into each corner of every room of your house while smudging.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
Reading your story reminds me of the times in broad daylight when I have heard my name called. It didn't scare me. I found it more of an interesting occurance. Once a few years ago I was helping my boss mow his moms yard. This was a rather large one and I was in the very back, a good 75 yards from the house. There were no other houses within a hundred yards at least or more and this was in the middle of the work day when most folks were gone to work. I was using the weed eater to trim around the fence line and my boss was in the front yard on his riding lawnmower mowing. It was real nice out and I was going along the fence line at a leisurely pace when I heard someone say "TONY!". I didn't stop imediatly because I thought it was my boss and I wanted to get to the corner of the yard before I stopped and did something else. Again I heard "TONY!". SO I immediatly stopped this time and turned. Now, there was no bushes or trees obstructing my view for more than 100 yards in every direction other than the house and it was about 75 to the back of it. I immediatly killed the weed eater when I turned. I could hear him going around the front yard on the riding lawn mower. I looked around and even up in the air, which probably looked strange if you were watching me. I then went around to the front yard and he stopped so I could ask him if he had just hollered at me. He hadn't. I told him what happened and it didn't faze him. He simply said. "yep, I've heard my voice called too. The other morning while I was milking in the barn by myself I heard it plain as day." what'd you do? I asked. He told me, " I just answered- What Lord? And went about my buisness." I thought about it and it made as much sense as anything. Since then I don't make a big deal out of it if I hear my name called when no ones around. I just say, "What Lord?" and continue with what ever I'm doing. It feels kind of natural.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
yes busala my parents never believe me when I tell them something strange and spooky has happened to me. I am now trying to post a story about my dad when he was younger with his mam (my Nanna) there will be lots of them because when he was younger a lot of ghostly things happened to him and my nanna. And now that he is older he won't tell me anything only my Nanna will because she still believes in these things. Shes really fun to listen to. She has lots and lots of stories about when she was younger and when my dad was younger too...

Princess123 x ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-10)
mo-mo3, after the Medicine man came and blessed your house, was there a change in the occurences? I only ask as your Dad burned cedar when the entity appeared to leave. Did your Medicine man give any clues as to who the man and the girl may have been? Always feels good to have the back up of a well respected person, isn't it? Thank you.
busala (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
you are lucky that your parents believe you 😊 most parents won't.thank you for sharing with us^^
mo_mo3 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-14)
Hey everybody thanks for the comments and I must say I still live in the same house where everything took place. I don't know that much about the history of the house because when we first moved in it was a brand new house. But about four years ago a medicine man came and blessed my house and told my parents that there was a girl and a man's spirit in our house.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
mo_mo3, I would like to say that you should count yourself amongst the lucky few whose parents believed and took action. Are you in the same home as in the story? The other stuff that happened to you, was it there? This was a great story, thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Hi mo_mo3! You are lucky your parents listened and believed you. Other than your Mom witnessing the door open and slam, have they seen or experienced anything themselves? I'd be interested in anything else that's happened and why you think these things did. Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed it.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Great story thanks for sharing. It can get scarry specially when you know it is actually happening and you are not imagening since everyone else can see it.
Good Luck
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
That's sounds like a scary situation. I'm glad your parents took you seriously when you told them what you experienced. A lot of parents do not believe their kids. My parents luckily believed me so it made it easier for me to be able to talk to them about things. Thanks for sharing your story!~Shelby ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Thank you for sharing your story. How terrifying for all of you! I am so glad your parents listened and helped.

Keep us posted on any other occurances,
God Bless!
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
I liked your story, mo_mo3. Do you have any history of your house that you know, that might help for why you heard the ghost? Usualy the reason why ghosts stay in haunted houses is because of the history behind it.
If you have anymore problems, severly, with the ghost, you should have your house blessed. Take my advice. I had a haunted house with my Aunt Mary, our preacher wasn't used to stuff of things happening from the other side. So he had us burn the house down. In Ireland. (not that yours needs to). If anything else happens please share, we would like to help you.
PEACE,
Alex. ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Wow nice story. It is kind of wierd that the smudge(I think that's how you call it) ceremony didn't help after all of that. Keep us posted if things keep going on. There are people on this site who will be of more help. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: