You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Staircase Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Staircase Figure

 

I have been staying at my cousin's house for a couple of weeks now and up until now everything has been normal.

The room I am sleeping in is diagonally across from a staircase leading downstairs. I am a very light sleeper and often get up to get a glass of water. I was going downstairs to get a drink and I thought I saw a dark figure next to the banister. I ignored it, went down stairs. As I got back to my room I turned to shut the door and saw the shadowy figure again. It stood around 5'-7"/5'-8" a bit taller than me. I thought it might be a family member so I walked closer but it just vanished back into the shadows. I couldn't find anything that would be making that kind of shadow and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a trick of light.

I stayed up the next night to try and see it again but it wasn't there. Two days later I saw it again. It was just standing leaning against the staircase. I got scared so I shut my bedroom door and went to bed. It doesn't seem to appear at a certain time as each time I get up, it's always a different time yet it's still there.

I asked everyone else if they had seen anything but they hadn't. It didn't seem to bee threatening but it still really spooked me.

I have not experienced this before and would just like to understand what this figure is and if it is possibly harmful. I also would like help understanding why only I can see it. My sister and cousins occasionally get up during the night (all bedrooms are on the top floor) and they have never seen it.

Any insight would be very useful and appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kenny000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-11)
Hello Kenny...
I got some information from a website that proves your ghost wasn't a evil one.

Http://deborahjhughes.com/2012/01/21/12-signs-a-ghost-is-near/

Above link is the one of that web page. However it provides a bit information but I read another article on such things and it says that humans are somehow able to feel the nature (evil or kind) of the spirit.
So nothing to worry about because I think the spirit you saw is not a evil one.
Anyway,a spirit doesn't have anything to do except for watching,scaring,possessing humans.

It has been near a month from the day you saw it. So I want to know did anything else happen after that expirience.

Nothing to be scare of if it hasn't shown itself to you again. Perhaps if it was an evil spirit it won't run away from you when you were going towards it. Wish you a life without such encounters.

Regards...

BloodEman
Kenny000 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-04)
Hi BloodEman
I saw the figure on the 27th of December I think it was a saturday. I asked my family if any events had occured around this date but came up with nothing. I hope this answers your question. Thank you
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-03)
Hi Kenny000!
I also agree that it's not harmful... But I think the reason for showing itself only for you is because it might be a friend or one of your loving family members that has passed away...
And the second thing I identified from your story is that the entity/spirit didn't try too much to show itself... It didn't bother you so it must be friendly... But the thing I don't get is why it was standing on the stairs?
...
Maybe it didn't want to scare you... Or maybe it was just observing you...

I want to ask a question...
Can you please mention the day and date.! And was there any special family event close to those days...

Please respond...
BloodEman.
Kenny000 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-30)
Thank you Sds for your insight and suggestions. The first time I saw the figure it was about 11:30 pm. The second time it was 3 am. My initial gut feeling wasn't that it was harmful it just shocked and scared me a little. I hope this answers your questions. Once again thank you for your help
Kenny000 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Thank you Sds for your insight and suggedtions. The first time I saw the figure it was about 11:30 pm. The second time it was 3 am. My initial gut feeling wasn't that it was harmful it just shocked and scared me a little. I hope this answers your questions. Once again thank you for your help
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
Hello Kenny000, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing. If you are still staying there and if you are going to continue staying there, why don't you just start a journal of these sightings. I feel that it could be residual. Do you remember the time and day when you sighted it for the first time and again the second time? If so, please try to find out some correlation between. I strongly feel that it could be residual. And I don't think it is harmful in anyway.

By the way, if a spirit is malevolent or negative or evil is first understood by the person, who sighted it. It is the first gut feeling one gets about it and it is almost 99% correct. Hence, it is difficult to comment if it is negative or harmful just merely reading your narrative. Because you are the best judge. I do understand that anyone who sights such entities/spirits would be jolted just like you. But it doesn't mean that they are harmful or negative. However, in this case, I feel that it is residual.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-27)
Kenny000--It is possible you saw a ghost. It's not uncommon for only one person to see one. Many reported accounts reveal that if multiple people are present, one person may "see" the apparition while others do not. This includes apparitions that look completely "of the flesh" until they just vanish. The possible ghost you witnessed was just a "shadowy figure", so may have been a partial or weak manifestation. Equally, even though you state you,"are pretty sure it wasn't a trick of the light", it very well may have been. You have been staying at your cousins house and just being in a new, possibly unfamiliar, environment could explain you mistaking something you saw. At different times of day and night the shadows caused by the sun, moon, interior lights and so on will be vastly different.

All of that said, one thing you wrote was intriguing; when you state upon approaching the shadow how it, "vanished back into the shadows." This aspect is common with many, many reports of people attempting to approach an apparition. The apparition will "skim away", simply disappear or, as you describe, vanish into the shadows. In the case of a telepathic apparition, this makes complete sense, as the figure is literally only a mental image. Thanks for sharing your story.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-27)
Hi Kenny, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing. I'm certainly no expert but to me, you have probably seen a spirit. Now that spirit could well be someone who used to live there, or is returning / visiting to check you out?

It appears you are attuned to the spirit vibration (many people aren't) and you are the only one in that house that has the ability to see it, or it has chosen to reveal itself only to you for some unknown reason.

It's interesting that when you approached it, it "vanished back into the shadows" which suggests it wasn't that interested in communicating with you or being seen close up.

It's hard to say if this spirit is harmful or not, or what it's motives are at this stage but my advice to you is remain calm, remove all fear and remember it was probably a person just like you at some stage.

Regards

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: