You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lost From The Light

Real Ghost Stories

Lost From The Light

 

This is a true story. My name is Nick and I am a medium. I have been living in Liverpool NS for most of my life. Me and my wife and two kids have been renting for most of our time together.

We have been together for 12 years at this time so we thought it was time buy our own house. As weeks went by we looked at different place that didn't appeal to us, so at this time it has become a stalemate. So a little later on our daughter had seen this home for sale online that she really liked.

Again we when to see this house with the ambition this would be the one and as it was, it was of our taste. The house was built in the 1800's plus it was renovated and which was nice in our budget. This was working out.

Week or so later we made the deal and began to move in and all was well. Like always when I am in a new place I feel energies, so my wife which is very spiritual says, "Like always a new place just need to cleanse". I began to sweetgrass the house and I thought I saw something my shoulder on the steps like a shadow. This was a very strong energy and I went to investigate and I saw and felt nothing.

Now some time went by things were normal, then one night I was in the kitchen and my home on the first floor is an open concept. You can see from the kitchen to the stairs. Then all of a sudden I got this feeling I wasn't alone. As I looked up my eyes went to the stairs. I saw what looked like a young girl about 6 or 7 with black hole for eyes. I freaked out, ran to my wife then told her what I saw. She said "It's just your imagination". I looked at her like, come on, it's my imagination? So I just blew it off. As days went by my wife came to me, she said "When I am sitting on the couch I keep hearing this deep voice in her ear and I am leery of the window like some is watching me."

As I investigate I feel something there but can't pick up what it is. I told it was some form of energy don't worry it is ok, I didn't feel it was bad. Later on in the week I came home from work and my daughter was complaining she seen a little girl in her bedroom. I thought to myself, that must be what I saw when up to her room and sweetgrassed it and to her "There ever thing is ok now". When I turned around that little girl was standing in front of me with them same blacked out eyes. I suddenly looked away, thought damn it. From this point this got really active.

Couple nights later my daughter come running down the stairs saying "I was having a bath and I felt something touch my head and I looked in the mirror and my hair was standing straight up". Not longer after she said that the curtain of the same window that my wife was seeing a figure in stood straight up. I was thinking man, why can't I figure this out. As freaked out everyone was we all slept in the same room which was my bedroom. The way my bed was facing it was looking straight at the steps and I knew there was something on the steps.

So at this point I was getting anxiety and my wife and daughter was scared laying huddled on the bed. Luckily my son was at a friend's house. Through out the night things got quiet until about 3am and the bed started shaking violently and everyone is scared we all yell "STOP IT" eventually it stops. The next morning I thought I got to do something about this.

I went to an outside source, a friend of mine which was a medium as well. I met with her and told her what was going on and she came by to investigate. She went around the house and she said there are a lot of spirits in the house and they don't want you guys here. They don't know they are dead and they think you are invading their home. So she spoke to them to let them know they don't belong here, they have to go. They resisted by slamming things around, so we formed a circle and invited there loved ones from the other side by opening up a door for the spirit world.

As we shown them where to go, I seen the little girl walk into the door and looked at me with a smile. The first thing I notice was here big blue eyes. All the spirits that was in this house were ghosts. A spirit that doesn't know it is dead...

More to come

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nicksandra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
One problem with a site like this is that even though the site is meant to share "true" experiences, it often turns out that some people use the site to test their writing and story telling abilities.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
I must say it's been a little while since I have been on YGS and this is one of the first stories I have read for quite some time. I wasn't sure if I was reading a story or watching a series of movies such as Amityville Horror crossed with The Grudge crossed with The Ring crossed with Poltergeist. Yikes...:)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-09)
Funny to see the same ol shenanigans go on in YGS lol, damn I miss this place!:)
moon-gang (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-06)
sounds really... Unbelievable and fake to me, I'm sorry://
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-06)
Biblio - thank you for understanding. As I have mentioned to RedWolf, I have been guilty of making harsh, and even mean, comments when I am not at my best. I learned it is better for me, and probably others, if I stay away from our site during that time.

I know you are aware of this, but feel it may need repeating in case others don't know. Just because a story makes the cut doesn't mean we believe it. It may be that the story doesn't fit the guidelines for rejecting it.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-05)
MIRACLES: My sincere apologies.

I wrote a rather harsh review of this narrative at 4:30 in the morning when I posted my comment. I only get insomnia when my doctor is adjusting my meds; all manner of things get out of balance, including my susceptibility to impatience. Under ordinary circumstances, I ignore minor errors and -as I stated to Mack and Rook earlier this week- I only go into detail about spelling mistakes, punctuation errors, awkward diction, etc., when I suspect a story's origin is primarily in the imagination of the o.p.

I know that when people see that I am an English teacher, they presume that I'm going to correct every error I see. It is not the case in my classroom, nor is it the case on YGS; I read the narratives here to unwind and to exercise my mind in a direction which differs from ordinary reading material. I am not a moderator on this site, nor do I wish to be! Your job involves a lot of work, and draws more than its fair share of criticism! I am most rueful over the fact that my irritation with nicksandra's sequence of peculiar events has caused me to give offense to you.

When I read students' essays which contain typos, lacunae, subject-verb agreement errors, pronoun-antecedent agreement errors, etc., etc., I do point them out and correct them (in dark-green ink*, not red), BUT the students' essays do not lose any points for these minor mistakes. When I read, I tackle the questions, "What is the point, here?" "Is this a convincing description?" and "Do the data justify the claims being made by the writer?" Very few of us have any evidence to submit to validate our narratives, so we rely upon each other to describe as many details as possible as an aid to clear understanding. My habitual morning crankiness was dialled up to '10' when I wrote my response, bemoaning the lack of clarification for "I am a medium," then the sudden transition of his wife's feeling "like some is watching me" to his daughter staring at "the same window that my wife was seeing a figure in." (When did his wife SEE the figure?)

Rook indicated that "The grammar in this reads more like our friends from India would phrase things rather than a French Canadian... Which is possible, people relocate all over the world all the time so let's not hold 'location' against grammar..." I thought that his second thought was a good one, as the first one relies upon a stereotype which runs counter to the evidence of Indian contributors to this the site's critical thinking. [E.g.: SDS, who writes very well in English, correctly used the possessive form of the 2nd person singular pronoun, "your," before the gerund "calling" in his response to this story.] After decades in the U.S., I still slip and employ the British spelling for "armour" and "demeanour," and I've continued to speak with the English pronunciation for "schedule," "banana," and "tomato." (I'd add the American pronunciation, but since the spelling is the same... 🤔) There are times when I am so busy getting to the point that my ADHD prevents my recalling the American name for a perfectly simple object: "baseboard" for "skirting board" and "hood" for "bonnet" for example.

Upon re-reading my initial comment, I find that you, Miracles, are right: I overstepped the bounds of polite discourse in a thoughtless manner. To my embarrassment, it is a fault for which I have been cautioned before on this site, and it is behavior (without the "u") I have critiqued in others. Therefore, if I gave offense (it's the most likely reaction) to the o.p., I apologize to nicksandra for my hasty condemnation of the story and my unwarranted presumption in critiquing his manner of presenting what would be a distressing situation for any father.

-Biblio.

*An obscure, self-mocking allusion: people who wrote letters of complaint to newspaper editors frequently had notable idiosyncrasies in common, such as extremist political opinions and using green ink to express themselves... Hence the journalist jargon "Green Ink Brigade."
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-05)
Biblio - I am going to try and be as respectful as I can. I am the mod who edited this story and I take offense to your "badly-spelled" comment. A couple words out of over 800 does not make a story badly spelled. Poor grammar, yes; poor sentence structure, again yes. Not everyone is an English major and not everyone speaks proper English even though they may live where English is their native tongue, or second language.

We have many people on this site who are dyslexic and wouldn't be able to correct a misspelled word even though it is underlined in red. We also have people who are in a hurry to get their story written and submitted and don't take the time to proof it. We have people who are deaf and those who are just plain poor spellers.

If we, mods, were to correct/change everything that is incorrect in most of the stories that are submitted, in a lot of cases the o/p wouldn't recognize their own story. Yes, reading stories that are poorly written, have poor grammar and punctuation, etc can be annoying. However, changing everything sometimes changes the whole tone of the story. I remember a story that I would have returned in a heartbeat because it was a mess. But I consulted zzsgranny and she explained the situation to me. Because of that information, I corrected the misspelled words and published it. Some people do the best they can. It doesn't make their story any less real than those that are perfectly presented.

If you don't believe the story, fine. That's your prerogative. But to tear it down like that really isn't necessary.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-05)
Morning all, please pass the strawberry shine 😉.

Biblio, Puff had me pull your ladder from the Miss Demeanor so it could be returned to you, along with a supply of 3 BS Blankies all of which are of medium size (For some reason the song Jellicle Songs for Jellicle Cat's is now running through my head).

Respectfully,

Rook
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-05)
Hey, Red!

Blackberry, please. I'll join you at the campfire, if you don't mind; I think my stepladder for fences is still aboard the Miss Demeanor. Always forgetting things; one day I'll leave my head behind...

Am I the only one who read "All the spirits that was in this house were ghosts. A spirit that doesn't know it is dead..." and thought, 'no sh!+, genius'? THEN felt the sinking dread that the hollow-eyed o.p.'s statement, "More to come," wasn't an empty threat? My feeling, for the first time ever on YGS was, "Oh God; please don't." Even the outright fiction which gets past the mods can have *some* entertainment value, but having to wade through poorly-constructed, badly-spelled, unexplained assertions was worse than one of those meandering essays middle-schoolers write: "This Summer, I..."

No, I don't expect perfection from anyone, but isn't Canada's education system supposed to be bilingual? Is that only in Quebec? My Canadian friends (from Vancouver, Manitoba, Quebec, and P.E.I., respectively) all speak conversational French with ease, though only Vancouver can read archaic French, and Quebec's the one who has a strong Canadian-French accent when speaking English. (P.E.I.'s accent is more an inflected dialect, but I know Vancouver has acerbic opinions of Canadians from *that* far east...)
Whatever Nick's problem is, I do not think the Canadian educational system is at fault.

-Wishing I'd got a blankie to toss (it may be with the stepladder, Rook, if you have a minute), but really enjoying Red's moonshine,
Biblio.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-02-01)
When people say they will read the comments but won't join the discussion it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. So I guess I'll grab one of those camp chairs but first I'll start a camp fire. Then I'll pass around the moon shine. I have cherry,strawberry,blackberry,& peach. It's only 100 proof but the fruit ferments the liqour more. We can sit for a bit and tell each other ghost stories. 😆

Red
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-01)
In regards to moving in within a week or so of purchasing a property it IS possible to do so if the property is empty AND the property owners selling it agree to it. As an example (I know factually of one other case) it happened when my grandparents bought this property way back in 1975 (North Central Victoria Australia) just that ACTUAL ownership doesn't change hands officially until a minimum of 30 days later (in this case it was 60 days) 😊

As to the remainder of the story, I have the same questions as everyone else. 😊
Argette (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-30)
Waaaayyy too many questions unanswered here. I agree that the account raises a lot of doubts. Rook, you and Puff make me giggle!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-30)
Sings along with Tweed, "49 bad words on the fence, take one down, pass it around..."
So much I just don't understand in this story.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-30)
The grammar in this reads more like our friends from India would phrase things rather than a French Canadian... Which is possible, people relocate all over the world all the time so let's not hold 'location' against grammar... Heck even we make mistakes... Here is one of my recent ones...

Sense used instead Since

However looking beyond that I too have more questions concerning this series of experiences in this home than were answered by the time it ended. Most have been addressed however...

I found it interesting that while his wife told him the little girl the O/P saw... The one with 'black hole for eyes'... Was his imagination and yet it seems she expected the O/P to believe her when she told him; "When I am sitting on the couch I keep hearing this deep voice in her ear and I am leery of the window like some is watching me." So our 'medium' is hallucinating but she expects him to believe her, what's more did she say just what the 'deep voice' was saying in her ear.?

Mack, I am passing on Puff's apologies... He says while there are some 'HOLES' in this narrative they are not quite big enough for the Bus to fit through. However he says he can drop off some camp chairs and beverages so some level of comfort can be maintained while we watch from the fence.

Respectfully,

Rook
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Tweed- Wish? Someone call me? I thought I heard my name. Oh, never mind. 😁 😜 😊
chapulin1234 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
I live in Canada but English is my second language, perhaps this is the case for Nick as well?; Unfortunately, and to nobody's fault, the fact that English is not our first language makes it harder for us to convey our stories or ideas, that doesn't necessarily makes them false, just a thought... 😊
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Man, I wish swearing was allowed.
I'm waiting for the bus.

50 bad words on the fence, take one down, pass it around.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Hi nick, just change your mind and participate in the discussions. Mack, lady-glow, calamity, Jodie, jane and myself are having lots of questions that only you can clarify. A medium freaking out and running towards his wife, wife saying its an imagination, your calling outside help and finding out that there were multiple spirits, all of them just don't add up unless you come up with some answers. Otherwise, it will be just that we won't be able to believe what you have written.

No offence meant.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Haha nice one lady-glow... Your statement made my day... But really how can a medium freaked out when encounter a spirit...

I'm sorry Nick but I'm going to join Mack on the fence...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+7
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
A medium freaking out at the presence of a spirit is as good as a dentist fainting to a patient's bad breath.
I would expect from both of them to learn to overcome their first reaction and keep it cool.

I have to join the previous posters asking the OP to participate in the discussion and to answer our questions. 😐
Jodie_S (1 stories) (15 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
This left me with more questions than answers as well. Having bought and sold many houses in my lifetime, buying and moving in within a week has never been possible... And I live in Canada.

I was just wondering why you were not able to communicate with the spirits yourself as you are a medium? Or why you didn't sense them upon the first time you viewed the home? I am not trying to be combative - merely trying to understand your situation.
Calamity (2 stories) (53 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-01-27)
Hello Nick - I have to say I have the same questions as Mack.

I'm also wondering how you looked at a house to purchase, made the deal and began moving in all in the space of a week or so. Hmmm - I didn't realize Canada's real estate system is so different from America's. 😊

One last thing - your writing style reminds me of the guest poster Haunter/Hayden. He too was from Canada. Hmmm.

Ah well, I do wish you would participate in the discussion.

Jane
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-01-27)
Hi Nick - thanks for sharing. I appreciate you have said you won't participate in the discussion but for others reading this (and if you change your mind - it happens), this recount left me with more questions than answers.

Your opening statement was that you are a medium. Great, I thought. However, after reading further, I'm not sure of what level of mediumship you are at or what you define as a "medium" but there were some comments in your account that didn't seem right to me.

I understand mediums aren't always "on" and often have to attune their own vibrations willingly before communicating with spirit, but even the only relatively slightly psychic amongst us (myself included) often know an atmosphere in a house is "off" when we enter it. Particularly if that house had multiple spirits that were unhappy with you moving in?

I would have assumed you would be attempting to tune in to a new house's "vibe" that you wanted to actually buy BEFORE you bought it. Each to their own I suppose?

The shadow on the stair could have been an optical illusion, but you said you "felt nothing". Wouldn't you have sensed a spirit then that had partially manifested seconds before?

The girl on the stairs with black holes for eyes: as a medium I wouldn't have expected you to "freak out" and run to your wife? And you wife's (who was apparently very spiritual herself, AND married to a medium) response, of "it's just your imagination" seemed, well a bit unlikely, with all due respect to you sir.

You then say "...As I investigate I feel something there but can't pick up what it is. I told it was some form of energy don't worry it is ok, I didn't feel it was bad..."

It would be have been good for readers to understand your investigation methods. And who told you "it was some form of energy?" Your guide? As a medium I would have thought that would have been patently obvious to you?

And the end of the story reads like a low budget horror movie.

I'm sorry Nick, no offence intended but this whole story just doesn't ring true to me. I hope you choose to respond and clarify some of these points so I can better understand your experiences.

I've only just got down from the fence, as I was getting "pins and needles" and now I have to get back up again...I'm getting to old for this...

Regards

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: