You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Cat Ghost By My Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Cat Ghost By My Door

 

It's possible that I simply have strong imagination but this is my story, and I'm not sure what the cause is or why I feel like this but if anyone has any theories or answers feel free to suggest them.

On a night during the weekend, I got done from watching this movie called the "Spirit of the Python". This movie was suggested by a friend. After watching it midway, I began to fall asleep. I woke up to see a cat figure sitting in a relaxed position by my door.

The figure had a black outline with a white inside. It was kind of weird at first. The air above a certain height feels normal but I feel as though there is an entity about around the door of my room. My initial thoughts were that it must be the spirit of a cat. This is confusing though as far as I can remember not having a cat in this house during my life. Though I was told my family used to have a cat that died around 2007 and happened to reappear every now and then. I was surprised to even hear and be exposed to this.

During that night when I was watching the cat figure I decided to just fall back asleep. That was my first experience with a spirit animal of any sort.

I don't know if this classes as a paranormal experience, thinking you feel the presence of a cat in your room, but if anybody knows anything about spirits of animals. Thank you for taking your time to read my story

Why would she be here though? I guess cats want to give their owner's a good visit!

And by the way if I happen to start another story, I'll try to respond and participate in the discussion.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sonic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

deathsdoor (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-11)
I've only seen this once before my dead pit bull walks around with my baby sister after she died they say he protects her
deathsdoor (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-11)
I've only seen this once before my dead pit bull walks around with my baby sister after she died they say he protects her
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-11)
Ghoster, your story was heartwarming. He really wanted to go home before going to the otherside. ❤
I suddenly remember our cat named 'Kyuting' (Cute+thing) who suddenly didn't come home. 😭
My Mom and I would often dream of him weeks after he became missing. 😢
Peace887 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-09)
I did not realize it was possible to see loved pets also once they had passed simply because I had not heard of it until reading this. Comforting to know Sonic that you and others on this thread, have experienced it and not just human sightings are being reported.
LilZebra (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-09)
When my cat died on Feb. 2, 2009 I did not see his spirit until June of that year. I was at my computer in my apt. And I could see from the corner of my eye behind me a greyish/whiteish cat spirit. When he was alive his fur was B&W coloured. In his spirit form his tail was straight horizontally.

Happened a couple more times and in a couple of different ways.

I believe that ALL living things posses a soul and a spirit.

I have heard from my spirit guide that he is now a toad somewhere in Penn. State. He always liked to catch flies in my apt., so I could see him becoming a toad.
Sonic (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-03)
Red
That must be pretty cool to see a dog you nursed back to health give you a dream about a future puppy then see it happen in waking life.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-03)
Sonic
I have had many dogs in my lifetime. Before I got married my family had a lot of cats.
Even my husband a non believer has seen a couple of dogs that have passed away.
One dog that I nursed back to health showed me in a dream what our next dog would look like after he passed away years later. I had to have back surgery and when I felt better I went to the animal shelter. While waiting for my husband to get there because he wanted to see the dog I picked out a couple came to surrender a puppy. That puppy was the one my dog showed me in my dream.
Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-03)
Ghoster
Why didn't you tell your parents that you saw the family cat go down into a storm drain? Being very cold it would have froze to death in a very short time. Had you told your parents right away they might have been able to save her.
Red
DevilDinosaur013 (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-01)
I had a similar encounter except for it was my dog and he was on my bed 😕
Helena123 (25 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-01)
Hey! No sadly I have not seen her since but then again she only passed a few years ago so there is time yet 😁 In a way I hope she does - I got a feeling when I saw her, that she was happy and wanted me and my brother to know that which I thought was sweet, she didn't look sad at all x
Sonic (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-01)
I would to give a big thanks to my editor, I appreciated the time he/she took to fix minor things.😁
Sonic (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-01)
Helena, Thanks for taking the time to read my story. Your story was a little similar to mine. I just wanted to know if you seen your dog ever again?

Take care, Helena
Sonic (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-01)
But I did share my experience. Also my family wasn't as surprised and some didn't care.
Sonic (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-01)
Hi SDS, Thank you for the welcome. I never seen the cat again but I would like to figure out if it was mine or not. Yes it always is difficult with just one sighting.

Also I, Apologize for the late response.

Regards and respects to you as well.

Sonic
Helena123 (25 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-01)
Ghoster2K so sad that you never did find Fancy again but, I found your account heartwarming by the end - thanks for sharing 😊
Ghoster2K (guest)
+3
8 years ago (2016-02-01)
Back in the 1970's when my Parents and 2 brothers and I still lived in University Park in Dallas, TX, our pets were mostly cats. We had a Siamese cat named "Fancy", and believe me the name fit. We had her for several years and she liked to sleep on our beds at night.
She picked up a habit of climbing up a tree onto the garden wall. She would then walk up to the tile roof and jump up on the window ledge and wait there until someone saw her and went to open the window to let her in, especially while we watched TV in the upstairs "Living Room".
One day as my parents and I were driving off to somewhere with the 2 brothers, I happened to glance out the rear window and saw Fancy go down into one of the street drains. It was a cold and snowy day. When we returned to the house later that evening, we waited for Fancy to return. We never saw her again. I think she got killed somewhere down under the streets.
A few days later while I was watching TV in the aforementioned upstairs living room, I sensed something at the window that Fancy used to come in through. I looked but there was nothing there. This happened several more times for several more days. I never saw her but I kept sensing her presence. It got so strong that finally as the presence of Fancy once came to the outside of the window, I opened it and said, "Okay, I hear ya. Come on in."
I was immediately enveloped with a feeling of peace and joy. The incident never happened again, so I felt that Fancy finally did come home. Once she did, she went on to that Other Place.
Helena123 (25 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-30)
SDS has raised some great questions that I would love to know the answer to also if you have time to reply. I personally did see *once* our family dog by the TV a few months after they had passed in 2012 - scarily when I told my brother his reaction was "I saw the same thing by the TV yesterday". My brothers reaction threw me as I always try to place logic on experiences I have had over the years e.g. Its matrixing, something like that. It was strange as our dog died of cancer but instead of looking very ill she looked perfect again as she was before she got ill (e.g. Not very thin and lots of fur). So in answer to your question, yes, I have personally seen an animal spirit as far as I know and it was at a time when I was feeling very happy but I don't know if that helps. Take care, Helena 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
Hi Sonic, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience. I haven't seen that movie and so I do not know what you saw might have been due to your viewing the movie and falling asleep in between. Mind can always play games and would form images that would make you feel like you are seeing an apparition. But, quite difficult to figure out in your experience as to what it was. It might have been the cat that died in 2007 or it might not. But, did you see that cat again? Did you share your experience with anyone else in the house and if so, what was their reaction? Please do respond. But with only one sighting, it is quite difficult to comment further.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: