You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Paranormal Life

Real Ghost Stories

My Paranormal Life

 

I am going to tell you about a few ghost experiences that I have had in my life. I am 25 years old, and live in Greenwood, Indiana.

My very first experience was when I was eight years old. A few weeks after my grandpa passed away, I was home from school sick. My dad and stepmom went to the gas station to grab a pack of cigarettes. Since I was sick, all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and sleep. As soon as I heard the door shut, I turned and faced the back of the couch so I could take a nap. About two minutes went by and suddenly I felt someone shaking me to wake me up. When I turned around to see who was shaking me, there was nobody there. I ran to the window to see if my dad's car was still outside, but it was gone.

Another unexplained phenomenon I experienced was when I was about 14. Every Christmas Eve when I was little, my sisters and I would sleep together in the same room or close to each other so we could wake each other up early in the morning. That night, it was about 8 or 9 pm, we decided to go lay down in bed and watch TV. After watching TV for about an hour, I sat up in bed and turned off the TV. As soon as the TV was turned off, we BOTH clearly heard a SCARY voice say, "STOP IT." After that happened, I don't know how or why, but suddenly tears starting flowing from my face (but I wasn't crying.) Every single hair on my body also stood up. My sister just stared at me with big eyes and said "please tell me you heard that." THAT was the THE scariest thing that ever happened to me. It was like someone controlled my emotions and made me cry (but, I didn't feel like I was crying).

A few months ago now, my wife and I were sitting on our patio outside while it was still warm outside. Where I sit outside, I am able to see down the hallway. Out of the corner of my eye, I felt like I saw a woman in the corner of the hallway. She was older, with her hair in a bun on top of her head. As soon as I turned to get a better look, she was gone. I will NEVER forget that.

Last night actually, my wife and I had an experience. (My wife never had any paranormal activity in her life until I came around.) I almost wonder if I am being followed by ghosts. It has happened to me since I was eight years old, in EVERY house or apartment I have lived at. Anyways, my wife and I have a dog named Fergie. She is ALWAYS staring at things we cannot see or growling/barking in the hallway in the middle of the night. Last year, we had her fixed and ever since then, she always makes a very loud whining noise when we touch her belly or try to pick her up.

Last night, me, my wife and our dog were sitting in the living room and out of nowhere, Fergie made that loud whine noise like someone was trying to pick her up. However, my wife and I were on the other couch.

I have SO many more experiences, but those are a few that I will NEVER forget in my life. Why is the paranormal attached to me?!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brogan_davis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sasafrassy123 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-21)
how long do you see ghost cause I can see ghost but that only last for five seconds then the just disappear
brogan_davis (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-18)
Spiritwaiting,

I have always wondered if I am a "sensitive."
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-18)
Brogan,
From the experiences you have posted, it seems like you may be somewhat sensitive to spirits. The sudden crying, although you didn't feel like you we're.Which is amazing, you felt another spirits energy!

And seeing a woman with a bun, my children have had similar experiences (posted in an experience on here).

Thanks for sharing
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
brogan_davis (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
Sorry it took a little bit to respond, our dog has been seen by the vet. They never found anything wrong. I am not quite sure why she does that!: (

A few other occurrences have happened since I posted this "ghost story." I will upload my new experiences soon!
Peace887 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-09)
Hope your dog is okay and that one day you might find out what it meant by 'stop it' as that has me intrigued. Looking forward to you sharing more of your experiences on YGS.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-09)
Brogan, I agree with RedWolf - your dog should be seen by another vet right away!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-03)
brogan
I have concerns about your dog. You say that you had her fixed last year and ever since any time you rub her tummy or try to pick her up she makes a loud whining noise. You need to take her to a different vet A.S.A.P... This is a sign of a medical emergency, they may have left a sponge or gauze or something inside of her that can cause her to die. She probably has an infection that your vet has over looked or ignored.

Respectfully

Red
brogan_davis (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
I have always wondered if I have had some sort of abilities. I did talk to my mom and dad when they got home from the gas station, they are not firm believers in the paranormal. LOL. They said I may have "dreamed" that. The experiences have happened so frequently, they don't really scare me much anymore. I have some sort of experience at least every other day. CRAZY I KNOW.:)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
Hi brogan_davis, I agree with Mack. Perhaps you are blessed with the power to sense, hear or sight the spirits. If you want, you try to use it in a positive way to help others. But I don't think what you have narrated are in anyway harmful or negative. But, you might come across some owing your ability to sense or hear or sight them. By the way, you said that when you were not well, you felt like being shaken while you were asleep. Did you tell your dad and step mom when they came back from the gas station? If so what was their reaction?

As far as your crying is concerned, I go with Mack. Perhaps that you heard a voice admonishingly saying "Stop it" might be of a spirit and the tears from your eyes may be due to what Mack told you, which you might have got picked up from the spirit.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-27)
Hi, thanks for sharing our experiences and welcome. Very interesting.

To me, you appear to be psychic to some degree and can sense / see spirits. You are certainly not alone and although this can be disconcerting at times, I find the best approach is to be open-minded, try not to feel fear as I believe that spirits are all around us all the time, and they are not always the "bogeymen" that love to get a lot of our attention (often for the wrong reasons).

Your recount of the voice which appeared to be admonishing you for turning off the TV got me thinking (always dangerous!😉); I wonder if spirits somehow feed off electrical energy such as TV's etc? (Unless someone departed was simply enjoying their favorite re-run?!) I'm sure otherson this site who know more about that kind of thing may offer some information / insights?

Your "crying" may have been that you picked up on some strong emotion either of that spirit, or of a strong emotional event in the past?

Very intriguing, thanks for sharing, I enjoyed your experiences 😊.

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: