You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shapeshifting Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Shapeshifting Ghost

 

My ghost story begins when I was 14 years old. My aunt on my father's side moved to another country and left the house to my parents as they were renting and it would obviously be better for us to live on a house we own. The first weeks in the house were completely quiet and peaceful; one of my cousins was living with us. Once he had arranged all his things he also moved with my aunt and then the strange things started to happen.

Every time I went to the bathroom I felt a cold spot just in front of the bathroom's door. It was summer the first time I noticed this and the difference in temperature was alarming for me.

Then one morning my sister saw a girl with long brunette hair and wearing a long shirt going towards the bathroom from our bedroom's door which was open. We used to sleep on bunk beds and she slept in the lower one, so she thought what she saw was me going to the bathroom. As minutes passed and I didn't come back, she get up to see if everything was alright and then she saw that I was deeply asleep in my bed. She got really scared. When she told my mother about this she tried to calm her saying that it might have been her imagination.

I never experienced something like that with this particular entity. I mean, I never saw her while awake but when I began dance classes, I started dreaming of a girl who was exactly how my sister had described the one she saw. In the dream she was always on a very dark room, she was wearing ballet shoes and a grey dress going to her knees and she was dancing, staring at me. I had this dream on a regular basis during all the years I lived on my parent's house.

Some weeks ago I was talking with my brother about this experience and he told me that he was always scared to look at himself into my mother's mirror -which is a full body mirror- because there was always a girl his age -he was around 6 at the time we moved to that house- looking at him and standing by his side but she was only in the mirror. He said that he always saw the girl until he was 14 or so.

I was curious whether our youngest brother saw her too so we went and asked him. He said that he always saw her when we moved but she seemed around 4 years old, the age he was at that time. The strange thing is that both of them said that as they grew up the girl seemed to grow to match their age.

I asked my aunt if someone had died in the house and she told me that there were some deaths while the house was being constructed and in the family that first owned it. She told me about a man that committed suicide and a girl who got electrocuted while trying to plug something in a power point near the bathroom.

A curious detail is that I don't remember a time in which that power point wasn't broken. No matter how many times my parents tried and fixed it, it always broke again and we never get to use it.

My siblings and I think that the different girls we saw or dreamt were in fact this girl and that she changed the form in which she appeared to fit our ages and thus attract our attention. Anyway I don't think she was trying to harm us, I think she felt alone.

Let me know what you think about the story. I will share other experiences me and my family had in this house and in other houses we lived in. Thank you for reading.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Yheladeth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Yheladeth (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-18)
Red

We do! I know for sure that at least my mother and I have tried this for years now. I can assure you that when we "pay attention" to her in this way the feeling in the house is way better. I am pretty sure that is what she wants, someone to notice her. I've been talking to my mother about this and I learnt that she was around 18 when she passed, so probably she was like the girl I saw in my dreams and changed to a little girl to call my brother's attention. I don't know if my aunt has ever tried to talk to her while she lived in the house, but I remember that in those times the atmosphere was much more "dark".
Anyway, I know of someone that may help her pass, I've been thinking of asking him but I don't want to make her feel bad, it's that crazy? 😜 I mean, I would like to be sure that she wants to cross before doing anything that could disturb her. 😕
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-17)
Yheladeth,

After reading this story for a second time, and more carefully I have changed my opinion.
She wasn't going to harm anyone. That little girl probably just wanted to communicate with somebody. Maybe if your aunt would just talk to her as if she would talk to her son the little girl will cross over to be with any other deceased family members.
Regards
Red
Yheladeth (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
Red

I know my aunt use to make cleansings around the house, and that is why maybe she was never noticed. Doing this in the mirror would purify it, or help her get through to where she should be? I would really appreciate you telling me and thanks for reading.

Biblio

Thank you very much for suggesting Tweed's story. I can relate to several points on that story although Tweed's seems to be more like a guardian spirit.
I agree with you, dancing is a language. I think she felt happier when I practiced my lessons. This was probably connected with her wanting atention. Although I never saw her while awake I am capable of feeling her when she is around and at that time I always tried to practice near to the place I felt her so she could watch or, who knows, dance with me:)

Thank you for reading and for your comments!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
Yheladeth:

While several of the manifestations do exhibit odd characteristics, it is entirely possible that every behavior you have attributed to the spirit is explained easily by a lack of attention. Your brother's ignoring/avoiding the mirror is -quite possibly- one of the saddest things I've read on YGS. If she wasn't trying to scare him, then she was showing up in the reflection because she was lonely. Dance -as Tweed and I discussed last year- is a language; she had/has a ballerina, too www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21180. Everything about this spirit's deliberate manifestations -other than the cold spots- is entirely visual in nature. People who dance enjoy dancing, but it's a great feeling when other appreciate the dance and show affection through praise; I keep coming back to the idea that she is a performer who has been denied a stage...

Take care,
Biblio.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-07)
Yheladeth,
I think that this entity has been around for a long time but was never really noticed. That's why she changes age when she sees a younger child or older child. I'm not sure I'm liking this it seems she is trying to get someone to break the mirror to release her. Cover the mirror with a sheet that has been soaked in salt water (the purer the better) let it dry, then after you hang the sheet poor a circle of salt around the mirror.
Regards
Red
Yheladeth (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-01)
Helena, as I said before, I don't think she is evil, my family has been living in that house for over 14 years now and she never did anything but what is told in the story, and neither my aunt nor my cousins had been harmed by her, and they had lived in that house for almost 25 years. When you are near the point where she died you feel that characteristic uneasiness, I don't know how to explain it, but that's all, and when I lived there and used to practice for my dance lessons you could clearly feel she enjoyed those moments. If she is up to no good she never got the power to do anything- and I hope she never does 😨 Anyway, I will try to do some prayer for her when I go to visit my family. Thank you for your comments, it's good to read someone else's point of view on the matter 😊

Yheladeth
Helena123 (25 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-31)
Thank you so much for getting back to my comment - that does sound like a very strange coincidence with the mirror in the same room doesn't it? Your theory on it is very interesting as well, it's a great point. To be honest, I didn't like to say earlier but I was thinking similar to GothamsReckoning that perhaps it is something negative. It is just that (without sounding scary), I didn't like the way it was changing in age for some reason, maybe because I have never heard of it before so it unsettled me a tad (but maybe nothing of course!) The other thing that slightly unnerved me was that it got to the point where your brother couldn't even *look* in the mirror - just doesn't sound very pleasant. Hopefully it will be friendly, however, if anything turns sour your family could simply get rid of the mirror as had been done with the previous one which is good to know 😊 Looking forward to reading your other experiences x
Yheladeth (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-31)
Helena, we do have the mirror, it's the door of a very antique wardrobe. I've never thought of it that way but your comment remembered me that when I was little my aunt said that a friend of her who was a psychic told her to get rid of another mirror that was in the same room the one we have is now in, because it had some evil energy, I can't remember exactly what was the problem with that old mirror, but I know my uncle finally got rid of it. Maybe they act, if not as portals, as some kind of facilitator for the entities to circulate between dimmensions, just my thought, I don't know 😜

Gotham, I do like to dance, although I specialize in belly dance, but the dreams started almost immediately after I start to go to dance classes; what I think of it is that in life she loved to dance and she enjoyed seeing me dance and in some way wanted to let me know that, I never saw her while awake, maybe she showed herself through dreams because I couldn't perceive her in other way. I don't have an explanation on why she appeared to each of us as our age, but I think that, as someone said, it was probably to get our atention. I don't think she is evil, although I do feel she is sad and maybe angry because she probably knows she is not alive anymore.

The house was built in the 1940's according to what my aunt was told when she bought the house but I don't know anything about the previows owners, some people that had been living on the neighbourhood before she moved told her about the deaths in the house, so that's all I know.

Thanks for reading.

Yheladeth
GothamsReckoning (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-31)
Hey, Yheladeth.

I don't know why, but upon reading this I get the impression that there is something amiss. I would be asking why would she appear to your siblings as the age they are, and appear in a dream to you. Do you have a liking for dancing/ballet?

When was the house constructed, do you have a timeline, like late 1960s, etc? Have you searched at a local library for obituaries relating to the area/house/time? I am a historian, and can help track these things if you would like.

I'm not suggesting evil is at play here. I would love to know why she appears as she does,. Is there a reason for it, does she want help, is she lost, why is she still here?

Very intriguing, and thank you for sharing.
Helena123 (25 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-30)
Great story Yheladeth and I agree with the comments already made but just want to add one further point. It is often said that mirrors are portals so there is a possibility that the mirror itself was the actual doorway for the spirit to enter and exit. Just a thought, BUT now I'm wondering if your family still has the mirror 😊 Take care and thanks for sharing, Helena
Yheladeth (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-30)
Loneybone, you're right! Next time I visit them I will ask my siblings what's their thought on this and see if we can do something for her.

SDS, I agree with you, I think she wanted to communicate with them in a friendly manner, she never did anything to harm none of us.

I hope I can post more stories soon. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my story.

Yheladeth
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Hello there my view of point in this story is that I think this ghost girl needed you help. Maybe she felt like she was stuck in a limbo or something that she could not get out of. I think she wanted your attention so you guys can help her get through the light. She maybe though she had to change as you guys got older perhaps she thought that it was the best way to catch her attention. I would have prayed for her soul and lit a white candle.
chapulin1234 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Hi Yheladeth, thanks for sharing and I look forward for your next post.:)
Regards,
Claudia
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
Hi Yheladeth, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience. I agree that there was an entity at your house trying to catch attention. Perhaps she did not know that she passed on and that was the reason why when she saw kids, she was attracted towards them. But she manifested herself to your brothers and sister meant that she wanted to just communicate to them and wanted to draw their attention.

It is curious to know that you were not able to fix up the power point at that house that resulted in the girl's unfortunate death.

I am waiting to know your other experiences in that house and in other houses you lived in.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: