You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Did My Soul Visit Hell

Real Ghost Stories

Did My Soul Visit Hell

 

For as long as I've known I have always had unexplained experiences along with my mother, grandmother and siblings. I'm starting to think this is a genetic trend, although I feel I have these occurrences more often then they do.

I'm now at the age of 29, most of these experiences happened when I was younger. I'm going to tell you of one experience in this story when I think I may have visited hell.

I remember this night very vividly, my parents were harshly arguing with one another like usual. It died down after awhile but I still went to bed a little overwhelmed. I remember falling asleep like usual, like any other night, nothing different. From what I can explain is to me it felt as though my soul has lifted out of my body and drifted to another dimension. It felt like I was flying through the air bodiless and then promptly landed in what I thought to be a dimension of hell.

I landed on high altitude light brown rock formation and it seemed to be a very hot summer day. Everything seemed very physical and realistic. The sky looked normal but as I looked around there was no living creatures, nothing was alive. There was no grass, no trees, nothing but this brown rock material for as far as I could see. I realized I had been placed in near the front of a line along side with my mom amongst other people I had never seen before facing a little white chapel like house that seemed to be the only thing in the entire dimension. The people in line looked like everyday ordinary people, except no was making noise or moving a muscle, everyone was very silent and still looking at the chapel-like house.

I was very confused on what was happening. I began observing again but I never got out of line, I'm not sure why, it felt out of my control to do so. All of the sudden I heard a deep scary demonic voice that muttered the words "go inside." I looked up to see where it came from and there was a huge transparent dominate-looking face in the sky. I couldn't really make out its features or exactly what it was looking at.

There was a few people in front of me who began walking slowly into the chapel-like house. They seemed terrified, but had no choice but to go in. A few people had to go in at a time and the door slammed behind them. We were next in line, I turned to my mom who was behind me and whispered frantically because I didn't want the face to hear me "don't go in, it's not safe." She nodded in agreement with me, but seemed kind of zombie like as she didn't actually reply to me.

As I looked at the chapel, there was a huge window in the front that I could see in. What I saw was very disturbing and mentally unexplainable. It was very dark inside, the only thing I could see was four autopsy tables with four people on them as though they were dead but not dead, I could only see from their feet up to their waist. It seemed like they were dead but were able to move their feet. They looked like they were freshly dead, they didn't look like they had rotted or anything. Each of them seemed to of had a little ticket wrapped on each of their big toes, along with a white blanket covering them. I couldn't see any further than that. It almost seemed like I was being forced to walk into a torture chamber. I was petrified and unable to move and the door looked as if it was about to open again.

All of the sudden everything disappeared and everything went to a fog. It seemed as if my soul traveled back to my body and I could see myself sleeping (that itself was very chilling) and in a flash I shot into my body and woke up all at once.

I absolutely can't mark this off as just a dream, and I would love to hear any comments/feedback or similar experiences anyone has had.

Other hauntings by kjw2202

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kjw2202, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kjw2202 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
cosmogal926
Thank you so much for post! I think your post is one of the most accurate description of what I went through. It diffidently was a dimension of some kind, that I do know for a fact. I do have a new story out called Baby Cemetery, you should check it out!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-23)
Hi kjw2202, I know your story has been up for a while and you probably won't see this but I just wanted to say I can relate to your story. Something very similar happened to me once where I felt as you described I left my body and went someplace else. In my experience it was a waiting room for all the deceased people I know. For you I don't believe it was actually Hell you went to but it was a manifestation of your own personal hell. Due to what was happening in your life at that time with your parents fighting and how you were feeling I am going to agree with aussiedaz and say you unlocked your conscience somehow in your sleep. Aussie helped me to understand my experience when I spoke to him about it, so I'm hoping you were able to come to some kind of understanding with yours. Thanks for sharing your story, and take care. 😁
kjw2202 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-09)
I just wanted to thank Mystic25 and Peace887 for your comments, I appreciate them very much. I also may have another story coming out, if it gets published, so stay tune! It's called "Baby Cemetery," Its about another unexplained experience I had. My true reasoning behind my posts are to hopefully find out what I am... If I'm sensitive, a medium, or what? Hopefully by posting all my experiences, I can figure that out! Thanks Everyone! 😁
Peace887 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-09)
Interesting account. Perhaps something is trying to convince you that these images were real with the sole purpose to frighten and threaten you into thinking you visited Hell in the hope you might feel doomed, when you are in actual fact not in anyway, implicated upon by these disturbing visions. Only a thought.
Mystic25 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-07)
My boyfriend whom is a Shaman and I discussed this and we most definitely do not think that you were dreaming. It sounds as if it could have been a warning and that you were actually in what could be known as almost a processing room. Where your sins are weighed and you are sorted into a circle of hell determined by your greatest sins. It's hard to tell if it was you or your mother who was being warned, its in the sense one to witness and help the other change their path. If you were meant to be there you would not have made your way out. If there is any advice I could give it would be to tread lightly and carefully while I don't want to scare you but everything happens for a reason. The best to you and your family.
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-03)
OK, it's too hard for me to guess what it was, but if it didn't cause any problems to you or to your family members... You can stop thinking about it too much...
*I have another thing to tell... How long has it been from the day you saw it?
Because it could be a warning of something
going to happen in the future...!

Thanks for replying... Hoping for more experiences you've got... 😊
kjw2202 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-02)
In response to your comment BloodEman,
Yes I am sure what I experienced was not a dream, because I've only had two experiences in my whole life that were similar and they definitely were not dreams. I have experienced lucid dreaming, and this was nothing like that.
Yes I was able to think like I was actually there, I was actually able to talk and process thoughts like normal.
Nothing happened to any of my family members.
The face didn't have a hood or anything, it's actually very hard to describe.
I did have a lot of other similar experienced, but I'm going to save those for another post (:
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-02)
super cool... I just want to ask are you 200% sure of what you saw is not a dream? Were you able to think as in the real life? Did anything happen to one of your family members? Did the demonic face have a hood over it like the grim reaper? Last question - did you see any similar dreams or experiences afterwards?
Please reply me... I would like to read your answers... 😉
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-31)
[at] KJW, WOW! Ok while I read this it reminded me of my Oldest sons experiences in our previous home. I have a few more stories I need to publish about that. Anywho... Like Chris said I felt like I was right next to you in the experience. What a great read but most of all I hope you never have to experience that again.
kjw2202 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-30)
Thank you Daz and Mack!
Q. Do I believe in hell or gateways to hell?
A. Yes, grew up religious but more spiritual than anything now.
Q. Does my mom know about my experience and dreams?
A. Yes we would share our stories and experiences. She taught me how to protect myself, from bad/evil/whatever you want to call it.
Q. Who was the aggressor; mom or dad?
A. My dad forsure...
Q. What's my mom like?
A. My mother is quite, smart, sensitive, loving, and caring. A strong woman!
Q. What do I consider myself?
A. Not sure, I have had many bizarre dreams, nightmares, more out of body experience, seen ghost, have heard whispering, have communicated with the non living, so the answer is I do not know... This all new to me, I have never wrote anything about my experience before just talk to family or close friends. I have a many more stories to tell once the page isn't temporary closed.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-30)
Hi Again KJW. I get the feeling you are pretty convinced what you experienced was NOT a dream, and all the posts here are suggesting it was, including myself.

So here's an alternative suggestion that you may find helpful? There is a theory and one that makes sense to me, that sleep serves two purposes: one is to rest the body and the second is to give your spirit / soul the opportunity to experience the greater spirit world in preparation for when you pass over.
So it's plausible that you actually visited a spiritual realm and for whatever reason you were able to clearly remember the experience.

Apparently the reason we can't usually remember our nightly visits us that when you return to your body, your consciousness you are expressing is far greater than what you express bodily, so it's like trying to stuff a small sack full of larger things, hence we either can't recall it or it is remembered distorted and piece meal.

I think the important aspects of your experience are that your parents were fighting (again) and your mother was on this experience, and you saw your body when you returned.

Can I ask in terms of your parents (this may be significant) who is the aggressor in the arguing? His would you describe your mother? Pessimistic? Depressed? Fearful? Superstitious?

You may have been shown something important for you in terms of understanding your mother and her state of mind or even spiritual evolution?

Points to ponder and I'm just throwing this out there as an alternative.

Regards
Mack
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-30)
I would suggest by the way you have described your account this dream of yours transpired somewhere between stage one Rem sleep and stage two where your brain waves were still in the theta wave range. Most people dose of pretty quick and find themselves in a deep delta sleep state were things are less vivid and sometimes more crazy and I think we all have had those dreams right?... Because you weren't in a deep sleep your consciousness was able to present to you a dream that had a physically surrounding as real as our material one... It may have even created the illusion of you leaving your body just to give you a sense of travel and realism. The answer to why this dream of yours felt like hell may depend on your own views as to what you believe in. If you believe there's a Hell your consciousness can create one for you and often does in a state of mind where it can explore your inner thoughts. Tom Campbell, author of my big toe and a former NASA physicist believes that when we die, our consciousness will throw us into what ever reality we require to help sooth in the transition of death. Interestingly people who have had near death experiences often describe different accounts... Some see family members, some see a heaven and some see a Hell. I'm not suggesting you had a near death experience, I just think it's possible you unknowingly unlocked your conciousness under the right climate to have the account you did.

Regards Daz
kjw2202 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-30)
Thank you very much ladydarke! I will check out that website!
ladydarke (113 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-30)
Kjw,

I do dream interpretations. I won't do so here because this is not a dream interpretation site, but I will state in brief that the symbolism matches up with what the family environment you describe. I will farther note that it indicates an over-authoritarian father figure who in your eyes at the time (whether true or not in hindsight) appeared to be the root of the problems, strangling away spirituality and creative expression. It also suggests awkwardness around a developing body as well as indicating you are female. If all this is true, it lends more credence to subconscious messages conveyed via a dream. As someone who has read detailed accounts of a lot of nightmares, this rings to me with the vividness important "message from your subconscious" dreams hold for the dreamer. I'd suggest requesting a free dream interpretation over at www.dreammoods.com or interpret yourself using that site's dictionary. I think you will be interested to finally decipher that message, although the relevance would have obviously been much greater at the stage of your life during which you dreamed.

Cheers
kjw2202 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
I have had many lucid dreams before and I do not feel like this was one of them. Although I am not opposed to this idea; I am very open to any comments or ideas of this experience! I appreciate your comments and will be posting many more of my unexplained events. Thank for everyone's input & feedback!
chris96 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
This is a really well written story, felt like I was actually the one experiencing it.
Unlike the others I actually think what you experienced may have been real! As it may be easy for many to mark it off as lucid dreaming, I have had a very similar experience to this (not going to go into detail)
I am eager to hear more of your experiences you mentioned. Maybe it will tie this all together.
P.S. This story may be one of my favorites on the site! Post again soon please (:
chapulin1234 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Hi KJW - Did you ask your mother if she had the same dream?, I have another friend that was on the maternity ward and she told me that one of her companions had complications and "died" but was brought back and while in the hospital, she told her that she had visited Hell, flames and all... Now that doesn't necessarily means that you (or her) were really "there", more that you were nervious about your family situation,

Thanks for the story,
Claudia
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Hello kjw2202 no doubt that what you felt seemed real. I agree with anyone else that this might be a dream a deep very lucid dream. I will tell you from experience that I have had dreams before that the next when I have a awakened I fell like it happened. Just the other night I was dreaming that I was being chased by a ghost then I heard my mom calling me and I remember waking up asking if she had called me but she was asleep. I visited my mom that night and slept with her for the night and I know I toss and turn a lot so maybe I though she called my name to tell me to stop. So now I don't remember if that was real or part of my dream. I really think that you were in such a deep dream that you felt it was real but it was not. Just how like people dream of waking up in there own dream.

I personally think that your dream did not take place in hell because your description and what people describe it to be don't sound the same. Maybe this dream that you might have had was just a sign sent to you to maybe take care of your mom or to make sure things don't get out of hand. Sometimes we do get dreams as warning signs.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Hello kjw2202, first of all, I congratulate you for writing such a neat narrative. Welcome to YGS. I do feel it is a vivid dream what you have experienced. The argument between your parents might have made the brain to have you a very vivid dream, which you might have felt as OBE (out of body experience).

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
x77 (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
You said 'my parents were harshly arguing with one another like usual'.
I think this is why you have that dream...child's mind would be affected by the atmosphere of family a lot.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
Hello Kj and thank you for sharing your story.

I too think it was a dream. A very lucid one but a dream none the less.
A lucid dream can seem as real as being awake.
Besides, I don't believe in HELL
When a person is under stress their minds find all kinds of ways to vent it. Like a safety valve. Dreaming is one of those ways.
If anything your parents fought a lot and you were stuck in the middle of it. Just as in the dream, your Mom was going to have to go into this chapel and you were being dragged along with her.
Hope things have gotten better for you
Cheer
Randy
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
Hi KJW2202 - Mmmmm, intriguing, but to me it sounds like it was possibly a dream, albeit a very vivid one? Have you had any out of body experiences in the past?

The other possibility is 'Lucid Dreaming". Have you experienced lucid dreaming before? That's where you are "dreaming" but are aware, or fully conscious that you are in a dream, and that you are dreaming (or maybe not dreaming?)

In my lucid dreams, I have full control of what I do and where I go (except for my flying skills - I can sometimes soar like an eagle but more often I can barely will myself to get off the ground 😊) and I find I can get into the lucid dream state when I have partially woken and I am inbetween a sleep / awake state.

Did you feel you had full control over yourself and the situation?

For me, one way to help shed some light on this experience of a lower, "hellish" plane, would be to ask your Mother if she had the same experience / dream as she was standing in the line with you? Just a thought?

Thanks for sharing

Mack
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
No, honey. I don't believe you visited Hell. I believe this was a very realistic and disturbing dream brought about by the bad atmosphere in the house, and the anger and turmoil you were feeling at the time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: