You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Apartment For Rent

Real Ghost Stories

Apartment For Rent

 

This story happened 10 years ago. We once rented a house near in a public market. It was really a huge house with two bedrooms. Beside our house is a huge Chico tree. My mom always recall her experience at that house.

One night, while we were asleep, my mom went to the toilet. Our toilet was downstairs. Surprisingly, when she open the door, she had seen three little muddy footsteps with 6 toes. It looks like a child's footsteps because it's very small. My mom wake up my dad and both of them wondered where it came from.

Another afternoon, my cousin is sleeping upstairs while me and my sisters are in the living room watching TV. She heard loud footsteps walking beside her. She thought it is just my father. When she call the name of my father, no one response so she went downstairs and asked us if my father was already home. We answered no. Then suddenly we heard a loud banging of the door. We all shouted and ran out of the house.

Another incident happened, it was Sunday afternoon about 5 pm, my mom was busy preparing and ironing our uniforms. She was facing at the window and she can see the huge Chico tree. Suddenly, she feels that someone is watching her. When she look around her, nobody is there. When she look outside, she saw a pair of eyes looking at her in the tree. She move closer so she can clearly see it. Suddenly, a huge black figure of a man appears. My mom shouted hurriedly went downstairs.

With those experience, my parents decided that we will move to another house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gen2795, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-02-14)
Antu, normally primates only have 5 toes, but it is very well documented that some are born with an 'extra' 6th toe (or finger). Without being able to see the prints, it's a hard call as to what made them. The prints of monkeys/apes differs from those of man in several ways. For instance, apes do not have insteps, and the placement of the 'big toe' is different. Also, that '6th toe' could have been an illusion caused by mud or other debris stuck between other toes. However to the untrained eye, it could easily pass as a child's foot print.
I think the most curious thing (to me at any rate) is that there were only 3 prints left behind. Anyone who has had mud tracked across the floor can tell you, the heaviest prints are at the point of entry and then as the trek continues they become lighter. So, where did these originate from? Where did they lead? Not very likely that one removed their feet and continued on is it? Very curious indeed.
Antu (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
Just a general question to all on this thread, does a monkey or a child have 6 toes or was this a hemingway child ghost?😆

Seriously, I'm very curious about these footprints, was there every any sort of idea as to what could have made them that was not of the paranormal nature?
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-06)
Hi Gen. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
I believe we should always look at possible explanations that are non-paranormal first before we decide it was spiritual activity.

The muddy footprints could well have been a small primate with blusher, lipstick and eyeliner stumbling home from a drunken night out, realised it was in the wrong house and then left (sorry Tweed, but that was very funny 😊)

But seriously, the footprints may been a small child or monkey. The banging could also have been anything and if you were all feeling nervous then any sudden noises may scare everybody.

The eyes and the shadowy figure, however, to me suggests a spirit and possibly one that is not friendly. Now that you have moved house, has your mother experienced anything else such as that?

Regards

Mack
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-02-06)
Rouge monkey? I meant rogue. Come now, cosmetic testing on animals is incredibly unfriendly.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-06)
Hi Gen,

Your description of the footprints and the banging reminded me of an episode of "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency". In one episode a rouge monkey causes much confusion and conspiracy. I wondered if it's possible a monkey could have found their way into your home and left those footprints. Likewise be responsible for the banging.

As for the dark figure emerging from the tree, that sounds spooky! But could be a harmless nature spirit or protective entity. Could it have been an actual human your mother saw? Was there anything unique about this figure, could you perhaps give a clearer description?

Look forward to your response and thanks for sharing. 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Hi gen2795, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing. I beg to differ with sushantkar. I do not think that it is residual. I feel that there was a presence in the house but I don't think it was negative or harmful. Something wanted to draw your attention or your Mom's attention. Might be a kid, who was in the house and passed on and he/she would have not realised that it really passed on. That might be the reason. But, the decision of your parents was, considering that you kids were with them, right. Still, if there was an investigation done at the house, it would have been useful.

Now, how far is that house from your place now? Do you still live in that locality. Even now, if you live nearby that house and if the Chico tree is still there, you can make an investigation. Just start asking the tenants or residents of the house without scaring them or the neighbours in that area. May be that could give us more clue. If you do, please do share with us.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Hello zen2795! Whatever you and your family had experienced is residual. Some kind of a ghost might have inhabited there in the house.
It was a good decision to move out from the house.
Thanks for sharing it. It was a good read.

Regards
Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
Wow... Would you cosider it as a demon or just a passing-by spirit?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: