You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: White Things Flying by my Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

White Things Flying by my Eyes

 

I was staying over at my girlfriend's house and we went to bed at around midnight. I fell asleep right away and woke up a couple of hours later to a strange noise outside. I woke my girlfriend and we both realized it was just the wind, because the trees were waving back and forward pretty hard.

She went back to bed but I somehow had a strange feeling. I was feeling really hot and my girlfriend had 3 blankets on her sleeping. My stomach felt really weird, however I tried going back to sleep. I was uneasy and kept hearing things. I closed my eyes and a little while later I saw white things flying by my eyes. I had them closed and it felt like they where going through my body. I had a tingling and a weird feeling throughout my body. I got freaked out and opened my eyes. I tried to move but couldn't. I tried screaming to wake up my girlfriend but nothing came out of my mouth. Finally after trying about two times to say something I was able to move and woke up my girlfriend. I talked to her about it and she said I was probably dreaming it. I am very sure I was awake, because I tried looking around and moving.

I still get that weird feeling when I go down to the basement where we slept that night. We slept there before quite a few times and nothing ever happened. Can anyone explain or tell me what that might off been or what happened to me, because it is still troubling me. Thank you

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brett, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-14)
Brett, I don`t think you have a paranormal problem. The things you describe sounds more like a medical problem, like sugar, high blood pressure or some stress related problem. I would have myself checked out throughly by a doctor first before I thought of the paranormal.

FRAWIN
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-10)
Hi Brett,
I get the white lights, the funny feeling in my stomach, and an odd feeling throughout my body when my blood sugar is fluctuating. I do not have a problem with my blood pressure, just occasionally it will act up. Add to that a spooky basement...
I do not know what this could be. I initially thought sleep paralysis, but you were awake enough to speak to your girlfriend immediately before this all occurred. Just some thoughts here. Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-14)
i have white flashes in my eyes and a feeling of total warmth, almost hot, when I get a migrane. It was diagnosed as an 'aura' effect. If you have eliminated this factor, I would place at least one cross in your basement bedroom and a Bible.

God Bless!
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-14)
Most likely sleep paralysis, I've had that happen to me many times and I've written about it here in the site (My History with Sleep Paralysis). I live in an area where basements are not a common addition to a house, but I bet if I had one, I'd be scared to death of it. It's just one of those things that most everyone can agree with, basements are creepy!
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-14)
Sometimes when that happens, it is a spirit or spirits in your house trying to drawl energy from you. I suggest if you sleep in the basement again to place a ring of unbroken salt around your bed.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Hi Brett and mustang! I was thinking that when he woke his girlfriend up, he had just come out of the sleep paralysis. I think you'd be pretty shaky, especially when you had such an experience.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Hi Brett! I'm not sure whether sleep paralysis would factor into this incident or not because you had been awake enough to wake your girlfriend and then lay their trying to go back to sleep. Then again maybe there are different types of sleep paralysis. Don't really know. I think you might have scared yourself silly. I mean basements are creepy enough then to be sleeping in one and then be awakened by noises. It is possible that it may have been something paranormal but lights are, usually, easily dismissed as car lights or something else, that is if there are any little windows in the basement you were sleeping in?! Has anything else happened? Thanks for sharing your experience. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Hi, Brett. I kind of thought sleep paralysis. Then, because of the weird incident, you'd worked yourself to being worried about the basement. I'm just offering one opinion, I think you believe it was some kind of entity, I don't think you're pulling our collective legs. I don't think you should feel uneasy about the basement, it'll be okay.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: