You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Possible Ghost At A Friends House?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Ghost At A Friends House?

 

I never really believed in ghosts but there was always something in me that did. I recently experienced something and I think it might have been a ghost or spirit. After that I went looking online to see if I could find some stories that I could relate to and I found them here. So now it's time for my experience. It happened on the 16th of January (on a Saturday morning). Me and two other friends (let's call them Louis and Francis) were at Francis' house to celebrate Louis' birthday. The house looked pretty old and since Francis' family doesn't have much money, it kind of looked like an abandoned house, windows shattered, walls with holes in them (some of them were filled up). I don't know if that was already the case before they bought it or if they did it but I just want to give all the details.

We were there since Friday night and Louis and I slept over, of course Francis was there because she lives there. The next morning when Louis was in the bathroom, Francis and I were sitting on her bed just talking about what we would do during spring break. All of a sudden the door handle went down, as if someone were to open it but it didn't open. We thought it might've been Louis but when I went to look I didn't see anyone and I heard Louis in the shower. I didn't think much of it then so Francis and I started talking again. About 15/20 minutes later, when Louis was already back it happened again, the exact same thing. The door handle went down. Since we were all in the same room and there was nobody else home we found it weird but still not alarming. So we kept on talking.

A bit later I had to go to the toilet. I was sitting there doing my business and when I wanted to throw my already used toilet paper (sorry I know it's gross) in the toilet something weird happened. It had almost hit the water in the bowl and then it came back up and it was lying on the seat. I didn't understand what the hell was going on but I picked up the toilet paper and tried to throw it in the toilet. Again, right before it hit the water it came back up and now it landed on the floor, about the length of a ruler away from the toilet. When I tried it again nothing happened so I ran out of there. It was so weird, it also happened slow. It really looked like an invisible person took it and first put it on the seat and then on the ground after I tried it another time. I didn't say anything about it to Francis or Louis because I was just so confused about what had just happened. I really hope someone can help me because I don't think what happened is quite normal. Thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Girlofthebrokenscene, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Girlofthebrokenscene (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-23)
Hi, thanks for all the comments.:) I saw some questions about how the toilet paper thing happened. Well when I throw my toilet paper in the bowl, I'm already standing up. I think toilet seats are gross so I stand up from the moment I can. Also about the hair thing, I thought about it at the moment too but I can confirm that there wasn't any hair involved. The birthday "party" was in Francis' house because Francis and Louis were together and Louis lives 40 minute away, which is really far in my country. And it would've just been weird to have it at my place. There were no holes in the wall in the bathroom so I don't think it had anything to do with that either. I don't know why we didn't check if there was anyone in the house after the doorknob incidents. We just didn't think much of it, well, I was scared but Louis and Francis seemingly didn't mind so we didn't do anything. I will talk to her about it.:) I also apologise for my grammar mistakes, english isn't my mother tongue.:)

Regards

Girlofthebrokenscene
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-17)
DandK, I BET that's what happened!
My hair hasn't touched scissors since 2012. Because I'm nuts the plan is to never cut it again. I'm in deep denial about split ends because I want mermaid hair❤ yay!
All flowers and unicorns aside, spontaneous levitation of small objects is an almost daily occurrence, however. No toilet paper, thankfully. Though I can picture the scene with disturbing clarity.

Girlofthebrokenscene I hope you can shed some light on the hair situation of the household. Because it potentially throws the door handle in a different light.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2016-02-17)
DandK: 😆 I had hair to my knees at one time, and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! Thanks for the giggle and the reminder of why I chopped all of it off LOL!
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-02-16)
I've been thinking about this for a couple of days because it seemed familiar to me... And I just remembered this morning why!

I had almost the same thing happen to me at my house at some point in the past couple of years, and I was able to figure out why at the time.

My hair was fairly long, to below my shoulders. When any hair falls out, it gets caught in just about everything. Clothes, wadded tissue paper, etc.

I noticed that when I tried to dispose of my tp in the bowl one time, like I usually do, it 'jumped' out and landed on the floor next to the toilet. It turned out that I had a hair caught in my shirt sleeve and it got tangled into the tp when I wadded it.

This was confirmed for me when it happened again on a different occasion, but instead of breaking loose and landing on the floor, the wad dangled from my arm when I lifted it away (I know, gross, but necessary to state).

If I were George Costanza, you'd know what I'd have to do about this every time I went...

So, I have to ask, do you or your friends have long hair?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
I'm assuming you were standing up at some point watching this toilet paper float out of the toilet in slow motion and land on the floor?...you did ignore the door handle and movement of twice, it's logical to me, that an entity who had enough energy to move the door handle of a door, would have enough energy to move toilet paper, especially if you were ignoring them and they wanted you attention... People are prankster when living, some people are no different when they cross over... Who ever moved the toilet paper as gross as it may seem to others was out to catch your attention.

Regards Daz
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
Hmmmm, interesting... What actually disturbed me the most about this story was poor old Francis's house! Smashed windows, holes in the walls... Sounds absolutely awful!😢 At least they had hot water! (and toilet paper)

Can I ask why you celebrating Louis birthday at Francis dilapidated, run-down house? Hopefully it wasn't because yours and Louis's houses were in an even worse condition?!

One aspect of your story puzzles me, and maybe you are all very brave, sensible young girls but when you wrote:

"...The door handle went down. Since we were all in the same room and there was nobody else home we found it weird but still not alarming. So we kept on talking..."

Well, if that was me, personally I wouldn't find that "weird", I would be seriously wondering if there was someone else actually in the house and I would have gone an a bit of an investigation to confirm, if in fact you were alone. Real, physical-bodied people can be waaaay more dangerous than our wee ghoulies and ghosties...

My thoughts on the 'poo-ticket' disposal-failures are akin to Rooks; it's hard to imagine the mechanics of the disposal if you were seated? Look, I'm no expert on that aspect of this alleged phenomena, as I pee standing up, but that detail (but not too much detail please) would help us to offer advice.

One possible explanation that instantly came to my mind regarding the toilet paper, was an updraught. I say this because you mentioned that Francis's house was pretty much falling apart; holes the walls (some filled), smashed windows etc. Is it feasible that your toilet paper was somehow caught in a particularly vicous and localised updraught caused by one of the many holes?

Maybe the shape of the bowl concentrated the air into, an almost vortex-like tornado-type effect and this what caused the movement?

I mean no offence these are simply the questions of an inquiring mind and we always have to rule out the obvious.

Regards

Mack
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
Alright, stop the presses...

While I agree that 'used TP' is gross I have made myself read that part of this 'experience' and I find myself asking questions...

First let me quote the O/P, then my questions...

"A bit later I had to go to the toilet. I was sitting there doing my business and when I wanted to throw my already used toilet paper (sorry I know it's gross) in the toilet something weird happened. It had almost hit the water in the bowl and then it came back up and it was lying on the seat. I didn't understand what the hell was going on but I picked up the toilet paper and tried to throw it in the toilet. Again, right before it hit the water it came back up and now it landed on the floor, about the length of a ruler away from the toilet."

First disposal attempt (2 Questions):

1) How do you know it was lifted out 'just before hitting the water in the bowl'...were you watching it?

2) If you were sitting on the toilet how did the T/P end up lying on the seat?

Second attempt at disposal:

1) Were you still 'sitting' on the toilet?

I shall wait out beyond the fence in my camp chair for a reply. Thanks...

Respectfully,

Rook
DandelionQueen (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
It's weird, but I think that some ghosts just like to hang out in bathrooms - usually the ones with a negative vibe who want to make you feel uneasy. Which kind of makes sense - I mean, if you wanted to make someone feel uncomfortable, what better way to do it than lurking unseen in such a personal space? I've had a number of encounters in bathrooms that I would describe as "funny but creepy" - once, I was just "sitting there" when the toilet paper roll suddenly unrolled itself right next to me!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
Dear Girlofthebrokenscene,
Along with the others, I think your experience quite strange. Do you happen to know how long Francis has lived in that house and if she has experienced anything else? I feel as a friend, you should at least open the door for discussion on such things with her. You could start off with a simple remark about the door knob incident, and see how she replies. If she has been having other experiences there, she might need someone to confine in, but is afraid that you'll think her crazy or lying. If you broach the matter first, she might be more at ease.
The used toilet paper (I agree - gross!) is something new to me, and along with Tweed, I find the invasion of such a personal space creepy. Another reason (to my way of thinking) to open a dialog about the paranormal with your friend.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
Hi Girlofthebrokenscene,

Well, this is simply strange and I can't think of any explanation other than ghostly. Unfortunately I can't help being creeped out by the idea of an unseen someone in the toilet with you! (Come on YGSers I can't be the ONLY person to have thought *sleaze*, can I?)

Well, another nicer possibility would be an innocent child ghost playing a prank. But there's something about that door handle that screams 'perverted' to me.

Really hate to be all negative about everything and I wish your first brush with the paranormal was a positive encounter. Most brushes with the paranormal are either positive or neutral. But there are the odd jerk ghosts who spoil it for the rest of them.

I agree with SDS, it would be a good idea to talk it over with your friends. But that's totally up to you.

If you or any of your friends feel a bit weirded out by this presence please take a look at Rook's profile here:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
There's a cleansing/shielding method detailed there.
Haunted houses, or ghosts which visit from time to time are usually fine. But for any negative ghosts, a cleansing works wonders.

Thanks for sharing. 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
Girl Welcome to YGS
This is quite strange. A ghost playing with useed T.P. Is a new one for me. As sds and lady-glow suggested you should talk to your friend that lives in at house about things that happen in that house. You can help her look up he history of the house. It sounds like she has a joker of a spirit. Maybe it is one of her relatives.

Respectfully
Red
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-14)
Girl: welcome to YGS.

That's weird!
In my opinion, it would be a good idea to ask Francis if these kind of occurrences are common in her house. I'm a little surprised that she didn't mention anything when the door handle moved on its own since teenage girls tend to make a big fuss over the slightest thing.
Who knows? There could be an invisible resident 'living' in Francis's house without paying rent.

Thanks for sharing.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-14)
Hi Girlofthebrokenscene, first of all, welcome to YGS. Quite strange. But, unless you discuss with your friend, you might never know. There should be some entity out there, perhaps trying to catch attention. But what I feel is that you should discuss with your friend, about the door knob issue as well the toilet paper matter. I don't think there was anything negative about what you have narrated and experienced. Still, we will be in a better position to understand as to what is going on in the house. You can investigate about the history of the house, the experiences of the people, who live there at present. So, please discuss with your friend and find out what she knows or says about your experience. It will give us some clarity and perhaps much more. Otherwise, it is quite difficult to comment further.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: