You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Daughter Is Terrorized By Shadow People

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter Is Terrorized By Shadow People

 

I am hoping that Fate led me to this website, because I am running out of ideas. I Googled "why is my daughter seeing shadow people?", and an old thread on this website popped up. A story similar to ours. So hopefully we will find some answers here.

This all started for us back in 2009. My daughter, Maya was 7. We had just moved into a 200 year old farmhouse in the countryside on 100 acres. We thought it would be amazing. It was just myself, Maya and my youngest daughter Maddy who was 5 at the time.

We only rented the house and lived there for less than one year because strange things kept on happening. Maya kept telling me that there was a growling sound in her bedroom and that there was a shadow standing in her bedroom door. She kept insisting that her little sister was talking to a little red haired girl named "Charlotte" who "hated Maya" (even though her sister denied this). We kept finding the back door open and thought the handle must be broken because the house was so old, so put a sliding bolt on it and I was woken up twice to incredibly loud bangs in the middle of the night like someone had hammered on the door, but it was winter and there were no footprints in the snow around the doors.

Weird things started happening, our Doberman Pinscher started aggressively barking at the walls and closets and then would start backing up as if something was having a standoff with him. It started to get creepy and I gave notice to my landlord. We all started sleeping down in the living room together.

The final straw before we moved was the smell in the house. I kept the house scrupulously clean. I had my dad check the attic to make sure it couldn't be a rat or a mouse, but by the time we moved out (when everything was at it's worst in the house) the house smelled like rotting meat. It was at its worst upstairs, I had my landlord check the cellar, the attic, the closets, everywhere to try to determine the source of the smell. Some people couldn't smell it at all, some people could quite strongly. When we were home alone it was nauseating.

We moved out of that house into a house in a subdivision surrounded by lots of other houses and we thought all that creepiness was over. We didn't really talk about what had happened, just that it was a creepy old house and that what had happened was unexplainable but was over now.

We don't go to Church, but I do raise my Girls with a knowledge of religions and spirituality. I want them to choose the Faith/Spirituality that best suits them. Their rooms are filled with crosses and Dreamcatchers and Angels and Crystals. I think the inclusion is beautiful. So I didn't have a knowledge yet of demons or spiritual oppression or shadow people or any of that. I still thought naΓ―vely it was just a run in with a creepy old house.

It was about 3 months after we had moved into our new house (rental) that Maya started complaining about the voices in her bedroom. She said they would come out of the heating vent in her bedroom floor and wall and from under her bed. Then they started coming from her stuffed animals she kept on her desk. Then her bed started shaking. I kept assuring her it was just her imagination, but one night I was woken to her screaming, I ran into her bedroom and she was balled up by the headboard of her bed. She had tried to run from her room to mine (which were separated by a staircase, and had looked down the stairs to see a small boy crouching at the bottom of the stairs. As soon as Maya looked at him he darted up the stairs inhumanly fast).

I told Maya that everything was alright. I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to "buy into this thing" by agreeing with her that she had seen this (at this point I 100% did NOT believe in ghosts etc), but I DID want to say SOMETHING supportive to calm her down. I said that she didn't have to be afraid of anything in the house because mommy was the biggest & strongest thing in the house and if there was ANYTHING at all in the house that was up to no good it would run in fear from me. As soon as I said that I felt the coldest wash of air go over my head, left arm, side and left leg, like someone had opened a front door in the winter. Then it was gone. I wasn't scared though, I was furious, but kept my cool in front of my daughter and didn't say a thing.

From that night onward my daughter started to complain almost constantly of seeing 3 tall skinny shadow figures. They all had red eyes and one had its head almost totally decapitated. It got to the point to where she refused to sleep alone and then her little sister started complaining of hearing bangs from her closet.

My daughters started sleeping in Maya's room together and I slept in my youngest daughter's room to "investigate" the closet bangs. As I was falling asleep there were several really loud thumps from her closet. I thought for sure the cat must've climbed inside. I turned on the light and opened her closet but it was empty.

A couple of weeks later Maya was at her desk drawing and started yelling for her sister & I to come quickly and look. We stood at her bedroom window and looked outside. I didn't get there as fast as her sister, but Maya said that a figure had been sitting across the road from our house on the sidewalk looking up at her window. She said it looked like a cross between a man and a baboon. Her sister saw it too this time. This was the only time her sister ever saw anything, though her sister heard things. The next morning when we woke up there were scratches on the wall downstairs, through the paint down to the drywall, 3 in a row (like 3 fingernails?) the girls said they did not do it and the dog and cat would not be able to reach up that high.

I pretty much at this point was ready to tear my hair out. Both my girls were convinced our house was haunted, they were both sleeping in my room with me and our dog was starting to act strange again, rushing windows and the fence constantly.

Maya started having "sleep paralysis". At the time she thought something in her room was attacking her. She would wake up but be completely unable to move or speak or anything and the shadow figure in the corner would move closer to her. Then the "shadow men" were joined by "huge shadow spiders".

At this point I was at my wits end and took her to see a Psychiatrist because she wasn't eating or sleeping anymore and was seeing these shadow men even at school. They did an assessment and diagnosed her with Bi-polar Disorder and Anxiety and put her on medication and she started seeing a Mental Health Counselor & Psychiatrist on a regular basis. She told me that she would never get better in that house because it had "bad energy", so we moved out and bought our own house, one that we had built for us, so new house, new energy and right by the water which is great energy for her.

We moved in Spring of 2014 and we had a blissful few months of no apparitions. Then Maya's sleep paralysis started back up, then the shadow figures, then she started seeing balls of light in the upper hallway of our house outside the bedrooms. She sees one shadow figure so regularly now that she has actually given it a name and thinks it might be watching over her. She drew a pic of it for her doctor and it looks pretty demonic to me. She has seen a girl running toward her with her jaw hanging open and black blood spilling out of her mouth and she has also see figures totally bathed in white light.

They keep increasing the dosage of her medication but all of this is not going away. Other than this stuff she is a healthy little girl. She has had a full physical, there are no underlying health issues here.

I'm just desperate for some help or advice from anyone because her health team wants to institutionalize her for a 6-10 wk program within the next 3-6 months where they will most probably take her off her meds and try others. It's an inpatient program in a city 2 hours away with family visits only on the weekends and she is only 13yrs old and does NOT want to go.

My head tells me this is the right decision, but my heart tells me to keep her close and safe.

The doctors say this is all make believe, all in her mind. All a manifestation of Anxiety.

But I have seen so much bizarre stuff, heard so much bizarre stuff, felt so much bizarre stuff these last few years that I am SO conflicted!

Please help. And PLEASE only legit and grounded advice.

Respectfully yours,

Karen.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bonshaw75, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Caz (342 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-19)
Karen...You most likely will never read this, but just for the record... I believe you! I hope you and the kids are ok and managing to sort this out! ((Big Hugs))
khriz1 (2 posts)
-4
8 years ago (2016-07-14)
I don't know how to say this without sounding like a perfect person or a saint.
But I really think you need to tighten your faith in God. These "things" are real, we know that as you've really experienced them firsthand. But have you questioned yourself if they exist, who made them and who can crush them? (re: about making the demons, it's in the bible, I can't narrate to you step by step how God made Satan and so on and so forth. You need a bible to read all about it) Of course, only the ONE who made them can crush them. If you believe them, then you should believe more in GOD and believe and ask earnestly to crush the demons that surround your babies.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-09)
Karen
Take your daughters to a store that sell crystals neclaces. Let them choose the one they like best ask if they can touch them to see if they still like them, if they do buy them BUT also ask the sales person for crystals that are the best for protection and buy one for each of you. Ask how often they need to be cleansed and how. Cleanse your house AGAIN teach your children some sort of prayer perhaps the Lords Prayer they are both old enough to learn it. I'm not religious either but it helps when I'm scared and I do NOT scare easily. Don't
Take my advise as garbage just do it. I bet the lady in the crystal shop will know why you're there.

Regards
Red
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-08)
Tweed - we really just want it to die down. There was way too much drama and controversy, even off site, that went on. We haven't discouraged help and/or advice, but would really like the pot not to be stirred πŸ˜† And yes, you did miss it LOL
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-08)
Whoooahh Did I miss a soap opera or WHAT?!?!

Man I KNEW this was dodgy from word go. Kept getting a vision that didn't jell with ANYTHING in the story. Nice to know my intuition's on form.

Sorry Mods I know the last thing you want is someone else replying on this but HOLY CRAP! 😲
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-04)
oh... Yeah now I feel like an idiot I should have realized that it was April 1st lol. Good one! πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-04-03)
Alex - you are certainly entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else. However, in this case it's the call of the mods. The comments sections on stories that have created drama, whether true or not, have a way of going way off course and having nothing to do with the original story. We've seen this happen way too many times. If a mod feels it is time to redirect the conversation back to the original story, that is what will happen. And yes, comments will be deleted if they have nothing to do with the original story or are in anyway not helpful.
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-03)
Sorry to inject my two cents, I know I'm a new arrival.

Are any long term well established members living near the area in which Karen and her children are domiciled? Or does anyone personally know a solid psychic or medium in that area?

If so, they could meet Karen in person and help to assess exactly what type of situation she is dealing with. This will allow assistance to be targeted more effectively and could help settle some of the theories in this thread one way or the other.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-03)
I don't know if Karen is still around but I am a bit worried the medications might be making things worse taking any of those when you do not actually have the disorder they are for can have some pretty bad side effects. I would also say her symptoms could be schizoaffective disorder. I wouldn't get to worked up about the disorders though. Focus more on the good in both spirituality and psychology this always seems to have them most positive affects. I don't know if you can do this but if you can get you daughter involved in charity work I think that will help a great deal. This my seem like an odd suggestion but I honestly believe if she gets involved with good helping community activities it will put space between her and these shadow people. I suggest this based on the fact you have already tired somethings and I am sure people have recommended all the usual stuff. I really think this will help this based on Emanuel Swedenborg's work. At first glance his writings seem a bit out there but the more you learn the more everything falls in line and makes sense basically lays out religion like science so it becomes pretty logic based.
AlexZernov (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-03)
"Now, the rest of you/us: CUT IT OUT ALREADY! ANY FURTHER COMMENTS NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE ASSISTANCE OF THIS AUTHOR WILL BE DELETED."

I feel there was no need for this. Its an open platform and people are supposed to mention their feelings. Telling that anything that is not assistance to the O/P will be deleted does not show well after so much of ups and downs with the O/P's story. My honest opinion.
frangelica1 (40 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-03)
Hi Karen,

Just want to say that I do believe you and I am here for you if you need to talk with me. You can find my email on my profile since I do not have yours. Wishing you and your children all the best!
ZenFrog007 (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-02)
Sorry it should have read:

All different sorts of **spirits** would come visit.
ZenFrog007 (2 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-02)
I have read the posts and have my opinion but what I think is not important! I wish you well on your journey!

I wanted to address one aspect and that is of a child "seeing spirits."

My friend's daughter sees spirits and they bothered her. All different sorts of children would come visit. I found out because I was talking about how when I was meditating I heard the word "MAMA!" like a child was wanting my attention. I heard it with my ears and it started me out of meditation as I thought it was one of my own children. When I opened my eyes none of my kids was in the room with me! My friend said her daughter had three children spirits visit who had died in a crash very close to our home. I do think what I heard was one of these children looking for their mom.

Her daughter went somewhere to learn how to deal with it. I didn't ask specifics about where she took her daughter but can ask if you need the information. My friend told me that her daughter was encouraged to play music to help stop it. It might break up the energy? Her daughter keeps the radio on when she sleeps. I don't know why it works but it seems to help her. Hope this helps!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-02)
Martin,
That was really funny. Clowns, purple pants,it's a good thing I looked at the time last night because I thought my tablet was acting up again
Regards
Red
Martin (602 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
Yeah every April fool's day there are users that are outraged with the gag and delete their account in a rage-quit fashion πŸ˜† It's not healthy to take oneself so seriously.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
Martin - that was the funniest days πŸ˜† It's amazing to find out some people really don't have a sense of humor lol
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
That was hilarious! Damn near broke the site πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† And even they couldn't figure out why they'd been made mods hahahahahah
Martin (602 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
RedWolf, I like to find m0ds and editors that are mature and level-headed, this one Apr1l fool's day, I picked a few users that had a reputation for being hot heads, if not downright unstable, and made it looked that they were new moderators. That was pretty funny.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
Martin should do this for Halloween too πŸ˜†. Instead of using clo wn references he,granny,&miracles should come up with something that will really throw us off.
Red
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
Well, crap. I go to work and the site catches on fire. That just shows how influential my opinions and requests are. πŸ˜†

Karen, per your e-mail request to me I asked the community to move on. I'm glad you got to have your say and defend yourself, although it really wasn't necessary because if you had remained a "guest" this fire would've died hours ago.

We all have opinions, and as such it appears that we're now at a draw. Some support, some don't, on both sides of the coin. Come back if you want to. Doesn't matter one way or the other to me. Those who support will continue to, and those who don't won't. It's the internet for G-od's sake!

Now, the rest of you/us: CUT IT OUT ALREADY! ANY FURTHER COMMENTS NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE ASSISTANCE OF THIS AUTHOR WILL BE DELETED.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
-3
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
Karen
We all know you aren't going anywhere. And how DARE YOU say that Marjie is a TROUBLEMAKER. She has been nothing but nice to me. If a friendship broke up on this site you CAN'T pin that on Marjie. I DOUBT ANY MEMBER ON THIS SITE HAS VOUCHED FOR YOU SO THAT ROOK NOW BELIEVES YOU. He is an extremely intelligent man and is not going to take ONE person vouching for you for him to now believe you. Or TRUST you for that matter.
I am not an uncaring person. I have no doubt your daughters have problems. BUT I think a lot of your daughters problems are being projected onto them by you! Believe me I'm a very intuitive person even on print and I'm not easily duped. I was not going to post anything othis "s.t.o.r.y" because the B/S meter was already a 7 but kept going up every time you said ''Oh I forgot to say'' or ''I didn't mention''. Then YOU went on the attack.

I'VE haqd enough
Red
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
A tip of the hat to the site owner:)
Having a sense of humor is healthy.
~Seraphina
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
WE HAVE A WINNER! Chapulin WINS THE KUPIE DOLL!

It is indeed 01 APR 2016 and the site owner programs the site to change certain words... For fun and confusion.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
This, I hope, will be my very last post on this stor-y. I just find it ironic that in that latest comment, the o/p still neglected, or chose, to ignore the inconsistencies except for one.

Addressing those may have gone a long way in restoring some of our member's faith in the stor-y. Ah well πŸ˜‰
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
Ifihadyoux- How did you miss April Fool's Day last year? Lol
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
Since I read this story I have had my doubts. Although I do believe your daughter is experiencing things of a paranormal nature I got the impression that certain things have been exaggerated or embellished. On my own, I have researched some things, and just an fyi, people on internet forums will tend to do this just to validate what they are reading is true. I have researched your claim at the GM Renaissance Center and this is really what got me. Yes they did lose power in August of 2015 for a little over 2 hours. It was documented that the power went out around 4pm and came back on around 6:15pm but within those 2 hours they evacuated everyone and people were stuck in elevators it was NOT SAFE! You claimed that when your daughters put their hands on the window all 4 buildings went dark. You also stated that it was out for around 5 hours. No evacuation, no explanation, and you claimed that guests were walking around complaining of no wifi. Then when you checked out the power and computers still were not working. My question is how did you pay your bill? Then they called after you left just to tell you the power was back up? You must see how this raises some questions. So in August 2015 it made the news for a 2 hour outage, now in March of 2016 it happens for 5 hours and it's not news. Then you try to flip it and say that you called and finally spoke to someone who said they power down periodically to save power. So then how come nobody not even the staff new what was going on that day? Look I understand that when something is happening you can not explain and your mind is all over the place it is so easy to get some facts mixed up. Again... I do believe something is going on. I just feel at some point this took on a life of it's own and went from a puddle to a tsunami with all the bells and whistles. Just my two cents on the implication that you are not who you say you are, fake names, accounts and all that mess. It doesn't matter to me. Some people come here anonymously just looking for an answer or explanation and that is perfectly fine, but when you start friending people on facebook, emailing, and getting to know some members on a personal level your true identity should be no question. This site has been hit so many times as miracles and zzsgranny have mentioned with fake profiles and stories it's crazy. So yes, maybe we as members and mods are more guarded than we should be but if we learned anything it's how to spot the untruths. So you can take this however you want, I am not bashing you, criticizing you, calling you names, or otherwise. I'm just calling it as I see it. Miracles, zzsgranny & Rook have been here for as long as I can remember. I became a member in 2008 and I can honestly tell you they are not bullies. They are just calling it as they see it. I really do hope that you and your children are ok and will overcome whatever is going on.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
Wait... I typed in c.l.o.w.n. And it put in clown... NOW I AM REALLY LOST. S.O.S. SOMEONE HELP. 😭 😨 😨
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
Okay I am really confused by the clown thing. Can someone explain this to me? 😭

This comment from Bonshaw75 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-04-01)
I said I'd lay low for a bit but will now throw in my 2 cents. I didn't say you were "slimy" Karen. Go back and read my comment. I said I'd lay low until the "slimy feeling" of being duped goes away.

I started getting a hinky feeling when you kept giving out very detailed descriptions of your home and surroundings after Rook had asked you at least 3 times NOT to give out any details. If you indeed wanted his help, why would you sabotage his "visit' like that? It was his time and what I can only imagine a great deal of energy to help you and I couldn't help but get the feeling that you really didn't want him to do it.

You were accepted into this "family" with open arms and we continued with that acceptance with advice, empathy and heartfelt concern. You "ditched" us for weeks without a word and now can't understand why we would question anything. Let me put it this way... If my daughter had up and left for weeks without a phone call or message and suddenly showed up one day, I'd question the hell out of her. So yeah, we were that invested!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: