You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Face in the Window

Real Ghost Stories

Face in the Window

 

This happened recently so it's still fresh in my mind. I had recently moved into a new house with an upstairs that's very beautiful, and for a full two weeks I hadn't noticed anything odd about the house, until about the third week when I would hear low whispering sounds at night. It was so low I wasn't be able to identify what was being said, but it still creeped me out. I had put it aside because I know all houses have their little noises, so I tried to put the idea of ghost behind me.

Another week had gone by where all I would hear is weird noises of things I couldn't explain. One night I even heard someone said my name, I ran downstairs to see what my mother wanted, only to find out that she never even called my name. I started to feel like I was going crazy, but my parents assured me this was all in my head and that I had only imagined these things in my head. I knew they were wrong but I pretended to agree with them.

That night I was tired and decided to go to bed early, I had gotten under the covers and closed my eyes but for some reason I felt like something was watching me, so I opened my eyes and looked around, and through the window I saw a face staring right at me, an old face that seemed angry and full of hate. I looked at it moved swiftly away from the window.

The next morning I didn't even bother telling my parents because I knew they wouldn't believe anyway, but I didn't care because I knew what I saw and nobody could tell me different.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, osavith, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-09)
Hello osavith. Speaking as a mother of a daughter who also sees and hears things, it is difficult when first approached with the prospect of their child being a beacon to the unknown. I agree with the sticking to your guns. It took me a few times of hearing it from her to look into the possibility. Then it took me a few months to ask a hypothetical question of a co-worker. Then it took me a while to look into a LOT of wrong places for answers. Then it took me a while to find this place and all of the answers that lay in it's many pages. There are a lot of unanswered questions still out there, but in finding people who will willingly try to help, that keeps the "going crazy" thought out of your head. Stick around, do some research, listen to the Wise Ones. You will find your own truth and your own path. Good luck. Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-14)
Regardles of others believing you, the experiences are real to you, that is all that matters. I believe you. Some people have experiences, others never do, if they do they brush it off, deny it or other wise pretend it didn't occur.

Thank you for sharuing your story,
God Bless!
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-14)
Maybe the ghost face has been trying to tell you something and you haven't heard what they are saying, then they got mad and revealed themselves to you. I have heard of this happening.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Hi osavith! I know your not a little kid imagining things because your "18". Right? So, I don't know why your parents would think it's in your head. However, there are so many non- believers or believers that are to afraid to admit it because they are scared of the paranormal. Who isn't atleast a little scared of the unknown? Especially when you hear whispering, something unseen watching you while you are in your bed and then an angry old man looking at you through your window and then disappear. That would freak me the hell out! I believe you so like Shane said, "Stick to your guns"! Thanks for sharing your story. 😊 ~Shelby ❤
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
I would love to know how old you were at the time of this event? And If this is your one and only experience? If not what are your other experiences?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Stick to your guns. Sometimes it takes people having their own experiences before they will believe anyone else. Then again even that may not convince them.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: