You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who, What And Why?

Real Ghost Stories

Who, What And Why?

 

As I had written earlier, I had leased house in a village very near to Ramnagar during my studies. My parents were in Bangalore. Sometimes I loved my privacy. My friends used to be there with me after our classes. I showed them computer and its operations.

When my 3rd semester was approaching, we had a lot to be prepared. I was weak in Accountancy. My friends helped me in that. We started group study in our house.

After one such study, my friends departed at 7:30 and I went to prepare dinner. But as usual, there was a power cut. I used emergency light and cooked rice. Then I went to mosque on my bike.

When I was riding back, I thought of getting some vegetables, but the shops were closed and very few people were seen in the market place. I was a little late. It is common there, that after late evenings people don't roam around and stayed indoors. I too went on the way to my house. One or two persons would be seen in the streets now and then. Except for them, the roads were deserted.

I was riding on the empty road where to my left hand side were two burial grounds. First was a Hindus and a little further on the same road, was Muslims. I took an opposite right turn and was near to my area when I sensed someone. My bike's headlight spotted a man from a distance. He was asking lift to a incoming scooter. The rider mercilessly sped away ignoring him. I was approaching him too and he waved his skinny hands frantically to stop me. I slowed down and stopped. He was a short guy, trimmed hair, round eyes and fair. He looked abnormal even by the way he walked. His left leg was shorter than his right. He was in his 30s but looked childish. He slowly walked up to me and stammered, 'Please brother, drop me near Sheru's Hotel.' Sheru's Hotel was 2km on the other side of the Bangalore-Mysore highway.

I felt pity on him seeing his abnormal conditions and I told him to be seated. He staggered a bit to climb on the backseat. I turned my bike towards highway. I thought he must be mentally challenged.

This guy sitting behind me was holding my right arm for grip. From the moment he sat behind me, he went on thanking me and praying for me. He said, 'Brother, you helped me. You helped a abnormal man in this world where nobody cares for others. You are a good person.'

I said, 'No it's ok. You are welcome.' But he went on saying, 'No I mean it brother, I pray that you be happy and prosperous. The JINNS will be with you. They won't let any harm come to you...' I was taken aback when I heard about jinns. Then he started whispering something. It sounded like gypsy prayer.

The roads were empty. And the night was silent except for the sound of my bike and his whispering in my ear. It seemed to me that it was taking longer than usual to reach this damned hotel. I wanted to drop him soon.

Finally, we reached the highway and crossed it. I stopped near Sheru's hotel. The area was deserted. Not a soul to be seen even here. All shops and hotels were closed. He thanked me smilingly and holding my arm, got off the bike with some difficulty. He looked more fair in the moonlight.

I told him to take care of himself and moved my bike a few feet away and suddenly applied brakes. A speeding luxury bus crossed past me on the highway leaving a cloud of dust. Had I been a moment late in applying brake, my bike would have been on the highway and I would have been crushed beneath the bus!

I can hear my own heart beat inside me with fear. It was a near-death experience for a moment! The cloud of dust momentarily blinded me. I turned my face away to avoid the dust. When I opened my eyes. I saw the roads empty. I couldn't see the man whom I dropped a couple of seconds ago. He can't hide anywhere. He can't run anywhere that fast, with his physical conditions. Then where did he go? Who was he? Did he disappear? I carefully crossed the highway and went back to my home.

Next day I told my friends about this incident. They said they are used to such stories. One of my close friend said that many of his relatives who visit this village has seen this man whom I described. He is seen asking lift from the passing vehicles. However it's interesting that the local people of the village has not seen him, but heard from others!

Till today I cannot come to a conclusion as to who he was and what did he wanted with me.

Other hauntings by Ashraf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ashraf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ashraf (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-04)
Hi Pragya, thanks for the comments. Can you provide me your mail Id plz?
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-28)
Hi Ashraf, I have travelled on this road and it can be dark and deserted at night. I have heard spooky stories about this highway and Coimbatore ooty highway as well.
Regarding the man whom you gave lift I think its your intent that made him bless you with protection of jinn. You gave him lift with pure intentions. Though I am Hindu I believe in jinnats my grand mom used to tell me their stories as kids. They are very powerful entities and to be respected. Regards
Ashraf (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-28)
Talib Sahab wlkmaslm,
I have heard people encounter jinns. But I don't know how much it is true. But the word 'Jinn' is fascinating. Jinns are mentioned in the Quran. Other than this, I couldn't find more knowledge on them. And I didn't even require that.
I believe in God & that is enough for me. 😊 Thanx for reading & for your comment. ❤
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-27)
Hi Talib. This is very interesting. Can you prove Jinns exist? If they are mortal and get married and have children, they sound like normal people. Except they can shape shift? Where is the evidence of this shape shifting? It sounds all a bit superstitious to me, with all due respect.
I am interested in your post because you sound so sure these jinns exist.
Regards
Mack
talib (58 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-27)
Ashraf mia Salam Walaikum,

Thanks for sharing your intriguing experience. Jinns exist, there are both evil and good Jinns, they are mentioned in the Quran. Jinns have supernatural powers and live in deserted places like forest, abandoned homes and caves, like humans do they stay in a community, they marry, have children and are mortal.

Jinns have shape shifting abilities, they can take the form of humans or animals.

There was a story shown on Hindi news channel few years ago about a man who encountered a Jinn, This man was very depressed and suicidal, one day he went outside his village and sat sobbing near the entrance of a uninhabited cave. Soon a man accompanied him and asked him the reason for his sadness, the village man said he had financial problems and wanted to commit suicide. The Jinn in a man's form told him to light few
incense sticks everyday on the same place he was sitting and his problems will disappear. The man did as the Jinn told him to do and soon he became rich.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Hi, Ashraf... Scary encounter indeed!... I think this was the reason why the first biker didn't give lift to him... I really amazed what is the back story of this man and why he keep doing this?
Thanks for sharing ❤
Amzu15 (19 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-23)
Hi Ashraf. I totally believe your story. Many people jave had an encounter with a jinn. They are said to reside among us. They are believed to live in silent and vacant places and also to test people by different ways. They are believed to do good to you if you are good to them in their human form and vice versa. I think this expains your situation.
Regards,
Uzma
Ashraf (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-21)
Dear Sds, Most of the villagers have heard about a crippled man requesting for a lift (two wheelers especially). All the men who have reported their encounter with him are from other cities. He takes these people for a ride by getting a lift from them & asks them to drop him at some silent, vacant place. One person is reported to have met with an accident after dropping him near a cemetery. Another of my friend from Bangalore told me that he has felt something flying behind him until he crossed highway. And I heard these things only after I experienced it myself. Yet none of the locals have seen him. I'm from Bangalore. And this incident is as much true as my life. Even I'm not sure who this crippled person was. But the way he disappeared from my sight in moments, didn't seem normal to me. It's still a mystery to me.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-21)
Hello Ashraf, thanks for sharing this experience. Quite difficult to say if it was a paranormal encounter or not because your inquiries did give desired results that some of the persons have seen this handicapped man. But, nobody said anything about his being paranormal. It is quite weird that none of the villages has seen this handicapped man. As Mac said, perhaps in the dust and due to the fact that you nearly averted a fatal accident, it might have taken subconsciously, a few minutes for you to recover, by which time this man could have gone inside the Sheru Hotel or behind the compound wall. I am not saying that it is not paranormal but I am just thinking that there might be a rational viewpoint to this experience. Still I would like to know that your other friends have said about their experiences with this crippled man? Did they confide in you that he could have been an entity or did they have any experience to brand it as a paranormal sighting? Please do respond. Without that information, it is difficult to term it as paranormal experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-20)
Thanks Ashraf for your description of your positioning on the road. That certainly makes more sense to me now knowing those details 😊

Regards

Mack
Ashraf (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-20)
Thanks for the comment friends. Hamza, it did occur to me about jinns being with me several times in my life. But I have faith in God who is the greatest protector.!
And Mack I respect your query & with great pleasure I would like to answer. I was on a bike. In the silent night, the bike's engine seems loud enough to cover other sounds. And moreover, it was a luxury bus which doesn't make much noise. It didn't even horn. Also, I was in a hurry to get away from that place and was thinking about going home soon. When I reached Sheru's hotel, I rotated my bike in opposite direction and stopped. Just to hurry. Now, I was on the bike which was ON (neutral) facing the highway. That means from my right hand side the road goes towards Mysore. And from my Left is the way towards Bangalore. And I have to cross this highway and go on a street road to reach my area. The luxury bus was coming from right side (probably from Mysore) which I couldn't sense. All this happened in a very few seconds. I shifted my bike's gear from Neutral to 1 & accelerated it & stopped suddenly. Hope you are clear about it now brother.! Thanks
HumzaShl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-18)
Hi Ashraf - thanks for sharing. Very interesting experience you had here. By any chance didn't it occur to you that you probably didn't die that night because the Jinn's were with you. Anyways thanks for sharing

Good Luck

Hamza
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-18)
Hi Ashraf - thanks for sharing. Very unsettling experience!

One aspect of your experience, which is probably one of the main parts, is how, on a very quiet, deserted road in the middle of the night, did you not see or hear the speeding approaching bus? The bus appeared to have also created a large cloud of dust and it was clear moonlit night?

That man you kindly gave a lift to may have slipped away in the dust cloud behind Sheru's hotel? However, with his bad leg, as you pointed out, he may not have been a fast mover, so he well could have been a spirit that for some reason decided to physically manifest in order to get a ride on your bike.

If you are able to provide some more information on the point about the bus, it would put my sometimes irritatingly logical mind at rest😊

Regards to you.

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: