You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Jogging At The Nam Van Lake

Real Ghost Stories

Jogging At The Nam Van Lake

 

This story had happened a few years ago and I was thinking whether or no to share it here. I remember that it was during the end of February, the air was still breezy and dried.

I decided to jog for my diet and started my course from the Macao Tower. I starting by walking down the stairs down to the lake bar and started to jog, it was mid afternoon and the bars down the lake-side is supposed to be closed. The smell of after nights was not good... I quickly went away from those bars and went up to the streets. An old lady stopped me and asked if I saw her hat down the stairs last night... I replied, no, since I was not even there last night. The old lady bowed a thank-you to me and walked away...

I started to jog again passing an apartment, then down to the lake-side again. I saw the same old lady again, she stopped me again and asked me if I saw her shoes beside the lake last night. I looked at her, she was bare foot. I thought she had her shoes on just now... I said to her I was not there last night, and told her that she might have left it nearby the bar area. The old lady smiled and bowed a thank-you again, this time she stood in front of me. I looked at her and she seemed blurry. I thought I was tired and so I sat beside the lake and had some sport drink.

Suddenly I smelled something rotten... I felt something was wrong... I turned around and the old lady was gone... When I looked at the lake I saw two legs of a floating person popping out of the deck of the lake-side. I quickly called the police and they found out that it was an old lady probably committed suicide.

I did went to the office I told them the story about meeting this strange old lady at the lake-side, but they did not find any one else except me and a few more sporting people. The next day I saw the news paper and saw the photo of the old lady that I saw. That's her! I pointed out. But then my friends told me that she was the body found at the lake-side and was dead for at least two days. I was shocked and could not talk for a few moments.

Other hauntings by GoldenDragon1984

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GoldenDragon1984, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-19)
sweetsunshine1800
Thanks for commenting!
Yes, this "case" could be deeper.
I hope she will rest in peace too.
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-17)
Zeromaru,

Interesting account, you met a dead lady, OMG so scary if I've met her, she would've scared the hell outta me 😨, I guess she was giving you hints so that you could find her body, I don't guess it's a suicide, it could be a murder or she might've drowned 😕 anyways I hope she rests in peace now

Best wishes and,
Regards
Sweetsunshine1800
Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-28)
BloodEman
Thanks for the comment! Wow, just like others you must have some good experience:)

RedWolf
Hi thanks for the comment! I have been reading you stories too:)
I did go to the station, but they did not really ask much because they cosidered the body dead for 2 days and I was not even there...
Well, about the smell I read an article just really a few moments ago saying that spirits do have smell... As I have mantioned I am not a "science person", I do not know why it smelt, and more over I did not have chance to observe the body carefully... The water seemed to be not too cold beause I see people practicing Drangon boats? Or some kind of long boats with a drum...

Mhannerism
Thanks for the comment!Macao, was once Portugal but had been handed over to China at 1999, it was a good city, kind of like HongKong but more quieter?
I do understand about for lack of media, but many countries have another problem of the government covering up "bad cases", just like Rosewell, is there Aliens? The US government will say "No".;)
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-28)
Hello, Zeromaru!

Thank you for sharing this. I suddenly feel sad for the old lady. I agree with others, she just wanted to be found.

I have a question by the way. Is the location where you jogged is a main city? Or a city near the capital? A rural or remote province? The reason I ask this because there are some cities that aren't much being covered by the media. Unreported by media or even the internet. Here in our city where I live, there are so many crimes that aren't reported on TV because our city isn't that big and flashy. Hope you answer my question. It's okay if you don't. Thank you!

Take care,
Mhanne
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-27)
Zeromaru
Did you stay so you could show the police where you found her? Or did you leave after calling the police? How cold is it at the end of February where you live? If the water is cold you wouldn't be able to smell anything rotten unless she was in the water for a week. Warm water is a different story decomp starts a lot faster.
Red
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-02-26)
OMG...!

You met a dead lady down the street while you were jogging... Oh my god... It is a really creeeepy expirience...

I also think that lady wanted to show someone she was dead... I think that's the reason for asking you those questions...

But anyway she didn't harm you, and she didn't want to scare you... She just wanted to tell you that she was dead...

Thanks for sharing that story...

I really consider your story as an interesting one... 😊
Zeromaru (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Spiritwaiting
Thanks for the comment!
Yes I was really shocked...😭

Lady-glow
Thanks for another comment!
Well, I don't know because I am not a "science person"
But that lacation of the lake really was murky and messy... Well I don't want to know why her body would decompose that fast... I understand though... 😐

Macknorton
Thanks for the comment, and I'll try to answer all your questions 😲

Well, it have been raining the past weeks and the water was murky its possible that it sank down and floated up ened up under the dack...

Yes the police did investigate the case but they had ended it as a suicide, I did ask them lots of questions about missing person and stuff like that but since I was a visitor, they did not pay deep attention to me, the woman was dead for about 2days so its not possible for me to do anything to her since I was not even there in that country.

Yes... I was searching the net for that case but some how its not there... And they do "cover up" cases... I know.

Well,to introduce myself abit. I was not born with a "gift" like many people with the "sixth sense" will be. I worked with monks and did some practices with them too, my teacher there seemed to be a "gifted person". His followers will bring "strange cases" to him to solve, like once there was a kid talking about their dead relatives that he never met... And other "spirital" cases... After years, I started to "sense" the spirits around during some cases, but not everytime... To be honest, I have no power or any knowledge for spirital stuff, but I am not against them. Well, I don't know if that was the reason why I met that woman... But really I would want to know why too.

Well Macknorton, thank you again for asking so many questions that I should have thought about first, of course I am not offended for all those questions.:)

Sheetal
Thanks for commenting!
Unfortunately, I could not find the case anywhere... It might be covered up...

Tweed
Thanks for commenting!
Yes should have kept that Macao Post or whatever news paper that was... I don't see the case on the internet and also I have no idea if the case is updated or not... Sorry...: (
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
hmmm, If this happened to me I would've kept that article, scanned it and quoted it.
A body immersed in cold water for a couple of days doesn't give off much scent. There are some factors in which it could, but I don't wish to supply any amendments to this story.
Not sure I'd bother taking my shoes off either.

Leaning against the fence, have a nice day.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Hello, Zeromaru... This is a scary experience... I think she just wanted to point out her body... However is there any updates of the case like why she committed suicide or was she murdered?

Thanks
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Hi Zeromaru.

Well, it's great you finally decided to share this one with us. I have so many questions that I hope you can find the time to answer / clarify, I apologize in advance...

So this poor old lady was floating in the water for two whole days and no one saw her, even though there was an noticeable rotten smell?

Did the police investigate whether she may have been murdered? Why did they assume suicide and are you aware if the case was closed / solved eventually? Do you know if she was reported missing by anyone and did the newspaper article shed any more light on it?

(I couldn't find any mention of a body being found in that lake on the internet, but maybe that's due to the Chinese authorities not reporting these things?)

I'm interested to know were you questioned by the police at length about how you found the body and why you claimed you had met/seen her several times? What did the authorities say about that? Were they suspicious of you?

I wonder why she chose to reveal herself to you? Have you seen spirits before? Have you had spirits repeatedly and directly interact with you in such a vivid way prior to this?

Apologies again for all my questions, but if you could provide some more details then it will help to a paint a clearer picture. Please don't be offended but this is one of those experiences that raises more questions than answers for me😊.

Regards

Mack
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
My vivid imagination! -Reading your story I couldn't help but to imagine a pair of cartoon-like legs bobbing up and down in the water! 😐
It is strange that the body was already rotten, given the fact that the lady had died not long before that time and the water helps to slow down the process of decomposition...

Anyway, I hope her poor soul found peace.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Zeromaru,
I feel sympathy for this lady. I hope in finding her body she found peace.
And I'm sure you were shocked at what happened. I would have been excited!

Thanks for sharing I enjoyed reading this.

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
Zeromaru (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
cosmogal926
Thanks for the comment!
Well, I was very frighten at that time but something kept me up and made me brave, I hope all she wanted was someone to find her body and nothing else... Because really that's the only thing I could do. 😭
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Wow! That was some experience Zeromaru. Oh my goodness that poor old lady. I wonder if she really did commit suicide or if something else happened to her. It seems to me that she saw you as the person to find her body. I would have hit the floor if that happened to me. You must have been beside yourself. 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: