You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: There's A Cat In Her Face!

Real Ghost Stories

There's A Cat In Her Face!

 

When I was rather young, I saw some strange occurrences that even in my adult years I find it hard to fully understand. This would be one of them.

I was six years old when my mother, father, brother and I went to a tent revival that I will never forget. We had arrived an hour early so my dad could help the pastor, who was a close family friend, finish setting up tent and the sound equipment. My mother was helping his wife set up the metal chairs and my brother and I were playing out of the way when my mother came to us and said that there were going to be a lot of people that we wouldn't know and to remember our manners and be quiet.

As people began to roll in I refused to leave my mother's side. Crowds make me very nervous and anyone who has been the new family at a church or revival knows that means multiple hugs and hand shakes and I most certainly am NOT a touchy-feely person.

The service was about to begin when a woman of small stature and black hair came under the tent and took a seat right next to my mother and me.

When I looked up at her, I noticed her eyes were very dark and something about her scared me to the point I didn't want to move. I kept my eyes glued forward and tried to tell myself to push off the bad feeling.

After what felt like forever, the service was over and we were finally about to leave. As we were heading out of the tent, a hand grabbed mine. I turned around and saw the woman who was sitting next to me staring straight at me. "I just wanted to say you are such a well-behaved child, and so pretty." I stood there motionless and speechless, tears welling in my eyes as I carefully tried to steal my hand from her grasp. It was like the woman and I were the only people there.

Her hands were absolutely freezing and I could see what looked like a cat in her face leering at me through her eyes, making them look a yellow/red color and a shadow movement surrounding her face.

Beyond terrified, I screamed as loud as my little lungs would allow me to. Of course my mother ran to my rescue and grabbed me up rushing me to the car. Demanding to know what was wrong with me, I told my mother about what I had saw and she didn't believe me, saying that it was impossible and made me go back and apologize to the woman.

As an adult I now believe that it was a demon taking the form of a cat in this woman's face. Why it decided to show itself to me I will never know, but it was definitely frightening at the time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mystic25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Myst (63 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-21)
I think OP's mother was helping pastor's wife set up chairs.
Amna2 (guest)
-2
7 years ago (2017-04-21)
Hi.
"My mother was helping his wife to set up the metal chairs" What do u mean about this? Can a mother have a wife? And u sure had to write Her for mother but you wrote his. I think you meant by "father" at the place of "mother".Please answer.
Regards,
Anna.
Mystic25 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-29)
Redwolf, Cats are known to be spiritual animals. Some would say guides of the underworld and realms in between half in half out. Some believe that they can pass through the veil.

As for hellhounds from what research I have done and things that others have shared with me, hellhounds claim souls of people who have made demon deals and are basically attack dogs. "Look thrice upon a hound of hell and be drug to hell."
Mystic25 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-29)
Rook, It makes sense, though I should probably explain what I stated a bit better. Pentecostals belief that other people can have gifts other than the pastor mainly gifts of the holyspirit such as Prophecey, healing... The gift of tounges which is considered a heavnly language. They beilef that God can give gifts to anyone. My family just thought that because I was seeing bad things... Well mainly my father that I was practicing in witchcraft or doing something to open myself up to "satan". I don't really know if it's the gift of discernment or not I just know that it's something I have witnessed since I was young. I like to hope that I can be of assistance to people with that gift one day... Its just hard to know whom will believe what I'm telling them or whom is going to try and dose me with thorzine and throw me in a padded room in a hug me jacket. Though I have been able to help with other abilities I hope I can reach the full potential of all of them one day. 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-29)
LunarSage,
I never heard of cats being Guardians of Hell? I've been taught that Dogs specifically Rottweilers looking but much larger dogs. That's why some people call them Hell Hounds. They are of German descent and are beautiful stocky black and tan or back and brown.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-29)
Mystic,

So what you are saying is they have complete Faith that the MINISTER can 'sense' or has the Spirit of Discernment but nobody else can.

Gifts like that are 'given' as needed to those who are True and Faithfu... You know what that would indicate a particular Faith... So let's just say a gift, such as the Gift of Discernment, is granted to those who 'get it' to help them or someone else that needs aid. I hope that makes some sort of sense...

Respectfully,

Rook
Mystic25 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-29)
Bibilo,Though I was raised Pentecostal... I no longer practice the faith of said religion. Mainly because as you said they are relying strictly on a book that has been translated and revised so many times in so many ways that it's honestly hard to know what is valid and what has been toyed with... Which to me is like taking a "handbook" to life so to speak and picking and choosing what points to accept and each of them having a different translation and then twisting it as they please.

Though I prefer not to start a religious debate on here so I will stick to an old saying my great grandmother use to say. "To each their own as they choose to believe."

Annny who, back to the exsperience I shared. It is highly disturbing that a demon could reside in a place of "worship" though a couple nights ago my boyfriend and I were talking about it a bit more and we have a theory as to possibly how it could have stayed the entire service with its host of course.

It was a tent revival I'm sure you've heard of this before but to anyone who hasn't...Imagine a large tent almost like one a circus would use set up in a rented field or if they new someone or had property they would set up there for services. Meaning they were not on holy or purified ground. Making it a bit more simple for the demon to stay. Though only by a little bit.

Ive seen very similar things to this yes. Things that look like creatures attached to people claws sunk into their backs one who's wings were wrapped around the individuals face though almost like they were attempting to blind or veil them from seeing something among many other things. I myself see this as a gift though I learned after what I saw at the tent revival and my mothers response it's better not to say anything to my family and normally not the person I see it in or attached to.

Mainly because my family saw it as satanic or witchcraft and then proceed to anoint me my room and then bambared me with questions of why I allowed "satan" to use me as a tool. I have a lot of strange gifts that I am yet to fully understand all of them but most I do.

Thank you for commenting on this and your point of view. I always am willing to listen and consider them. 😊
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-28)
Greetings, Mystic.

While many well-intentioned individuals have responded to your initial narrative -which I found to be both compelling and disturbing- there seems to be a dearth of coherent responses to your childhood experience.

1) Satan and Lucifer are not the same individual, as "St. Jerome" mistranslated Isaiah's "Morning Star" reference as "Lightbringer/Lucifer." Satan is fro Persian mythology, and was added to the teachings of Yeshua Ben Yosef at some point during the first 3 centuries after the crucifixion, while "Christianity" was an illegal, (literally) underground, persecuted network of religious extremists. Lucifer is the Biblical prosecutor of the violations of the Laws. That's it. If you want to see a good example of this, read the book of "Job" (pronounced "Yoav," but let's not get too picky!) in which Lucifer (often mis-translated as "the Devil" for the sake of consistency) is a member of God's entourage who discusses Yoav with the almighty...face-to-face.

2) Lady-glow raised a good point: "It is scary to think that a demon could stay and stand through the whole service without being affected by the sacred words and the faith of the congregation." Yes, it is scary, especially if everyone who has been teaching you about goodness, righteousness, faith, and salvation is relying upon a 1700-year-old mistake in the translation from Hebrew and Aramaic to Greek, then into Latin, from which most modern translations (into English, certainly, but also French, Spanish, etc.) derive.

3) What you witnessed could well have been some form of spiritual possession or manipulation. However, even exorcisms performed by -for example- certified Catholic exorcists can take YEARS of regular prayer sessions. In fact, the Catholic church stated that most cases of demonic possession should be referred first to a physician (they made that official proclamation around 1630). The idea that a demonic influence could be present at a religious ritual is probably upsetting, but the individual who is suffering would be EXACTLY the sort of person who would need to visit a revival meeting.

4) If you have seen similar apparitions or manifestations in your life, you may have a psychic gift, sometimes referred to as "A Spirit of Discernment" in religious circles, which is not only a documented "Gift of the Spirit" in the Bible, but also a helpful alarm bell when a supernatural danger is present.

Thanks for sharing your interesting narrative,
Biblio.
Mystic25 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-28)
Mhnnerism,Thank you for your response, I have never heard of those before.
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-28)
Hello, Mystic.

I could imagine the look on her face while saying that! Creepy as hell!

As I was reading this, I was thinking about our country's folklore which REALLY EXIST in some rural areas, far away from cities. I just said that it is a folklore because I live in a city where most people would laugh it off and say it's not real. It is a shapeshifter that we call 'aswang' that eats human organs. I don't know its English translation.

And I don't know why I said this. Just to give you an idea perhaps.

Take care,
Mhanne ❤
Mystic25 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Lunarsage, Thankyou for your comment I did not consider that about cats but it's a highly valid point and I will think more on what you said though we never did the dubbing of the father son and holy spirit we were Pentecostal not Catholic. Merry meet merry part merry meet again Lunarsage.
Mystic25 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Firefaerie, It wasn't that kind of fear but rather a feeling of something not being right and the presence of something I wasn't familiar with which unnerved me. As for there being different types of demons I can say that I agree with that and they can definitely sense energies/auras.

Mack, Yes it was very unsettling at that age. I was made to go back and apologize to the woman which I would only do with my mother agreeing to go with me. I found her and told her that I was sorry for being rude and had to hug her and then my mother explained that I was a very jumpy child to which the woman chuckled keeping a hand on my shoulder and said " I didn't mean to startle you, though you should learn to control your emotions better, you caused quite an uproar." The whole time the cat spirit in her face seemed to be leering at me even more when she let go of my shoulder. It was very odd to say the least.

Sheetal, Thank you for commenting there are a lot of things out there.

Wish-not, Thank you for telling me about that I will go check it out.
LunarSage (guest)
-3
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
I agree with FireFaerie13, not all demons or daemon as they prefer are evil. To just assume so is to be narrow minded, and usually is due to the Holy Bible painting what could be described as a narrow picture in my opinion... As is stated in the book, Lucifer was given the Holy spirit, or holy light, but he ended up bad... Maybe. Just think on it please next time you go to do the Father Son and Holy Spirit dubbing if you readers do, food for thought. I know many daemon, I have studied demonology for over ten years, aided by my gifts I'm personally certain not all daemon are evil, but some are. Cats were thought to be guardian's of hell, so maybe that daemon was friendly just curious or doing it's job. Or it could be a rogue guardian acting as a smuggler of souls out or into a relm. Amateurs shouldn't try anything like direct communication without a lot of research and taking the proper precautions first. Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again Mystic25.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Thanks for sharing this Mystic.

I was on the same line with Mack as I read your experience. I would encourage you to read that story AND the comments. There have been a lot YGS members have incidences like yours.

Thanks again for sharing.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Hello, Mystic25 it is a scary experience... This is something new for me... Thanks
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Hi Mystic 25, thanks for sharing. Very unsettling experience for a 6 year old!

So did you go back to the woman and apologize? How did that all play out? What was said and how did she behave?

There was an excellent story posted recently called "Face of Evil" by GothamsReckoning. To me, it would appear to be the same sort of thing.

Regards

Mack
FireFaerie13 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Wow! Very interesting indeed!

I feel that even if she was a "demon" she wasn't the evil from hell kind of demon. There are demons just as a species. Perhaps she was curious about the tent and thought you were an interesting being. They can sense others' energy and yours may have intrigued her.

As for your fear? It could be similar to what I experience. I have a phobia of ghosts and such (trying to get over/manage it), so whenever I sense something, see something or whatnot, I do feel a sense of fear, but it can be likened to that of going on a "scary" ride or reading a scary story. There are times I have felt true, petrifying fear from the otherworldly. So, only you can know what kind of fear you felt.

I simply see it as another being. An "Otherkin" so to speak!
Mystic25 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Lady-glow, I only saw the woman one other time and it was at a restraunt we stopped at on our way home and I could still see the cat figure in her face. How it managed to stay the entire service I have no clue, but needless to say I was scared beyond reason.
Cosmogal, I never considered a skinwalker or a shapeshifter. That would explain in a sense how it stayed but in another not. I just hope to never see anything like that again.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Hi Mystic 25, Wow that was a very creepy experience. Lady-glow brings up a good point about if it was a demon how could it withstand an entire religious service? Hmmm this got my wheels turning. It could have been a shapeshifter or skinwalker. There are many reports that shapeshifters exist out there, supposedly they can walk around like everyone else without being detected. Just a thought. Thank you for sharing your story. Take care 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Yikes!
It is scary to think that a demon could stay and stand through the whole service without being affected by the sacred words and the faith of the congregation.

Did you see the lady attending the service again?

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: