You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: A Walk With The Fae

Real Ghost Stories

A Walk With The Fae

 

I was maybe 14 at the time, and obsessed with the occult, more specifically demonology. I'm gifted, and blessed with what is commonly called astral projection aka the ability to have an Out of Body Experience at will.

That night I did the usual preparations for leaving my vessel with the intent of meeting with a non-human entity to ask questions until sunrise. I felt the usual sensations, but I felt an unusual tug on my astral body. The world went dark, and when my vision returned I was surrounded by trees and tall grass.

Knowing instinctively that I wasn't near the meeting point I grew weary, and at that moment a beautiful human looking male approached me speaking with both mind and voice. His words were alien to me, although his mind's voice I could understand somewhat. From what I gathered I ended up in Sidhe territory and was trespassing. After a time and much guess work I gathered that I was welcome to stay if I wasn't disrespectful and didn't try anything sneaky. He showed me a path leading through the trees and underbrush, noting also there were more of those beautiful people in the trees following us with drawn bows of maybe yew wood.

Knowing from lore and Lord of The Rings books elves are good archers slightly unnerved me, the male beside me must have noticed because with a few words the archers slipped from sight and seemed to melt into the trees. Within a few minutes I saw caves carved into hills and smoke from a few cook fires baking something that resembled bread or biscuits maybe. As I looked around I saw no meat, but several works of art shaped like animals made from silver I think.

Before I could ask I felt another sharp tug, and found myself in the pre-arranged meeting grounds to meet with my 'friend'. I've seen the Fae many more times, and I'd be glad to share more if you all would like, just drop a comment telling yea or nay please.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LunarSage, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-11)
I just wanted to say that looking back on what I wrote some could take offence who, like my parents, are R. Catholic or just any organized religion. I hope it is read in the manner it was intended. I have total respect for the spiritual views/choices of others. Your relationship with your God/religion is personal and the world would run a bit more smoothly if this was respected (I'll shut up before I show how truly human and able to stuff things up I am! 😜)
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-11)
No Mack, don't worry about "ranting" you bring up some really interesting points. Also as you say about the pearly gates - like I always say to my mum regarding church attendance "do you honestly believe God is so petty to have a calendar and name list ticking you off but ignoring your judgmental attitude towards others?" A big reason why, for me, I can't feel part of "organized" religion. I find your point of God not being apart but part of the whole interesting. To be honest I think I need to read this all again to continue! Always a pleasure to have input from others to realize perhaps you haven't even opened your eyes yet!, L (blame my brother for my name! 😜)
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-11)
Hi Loretta

That's one of those "BIG" questions. I (as have billions of others) have studied and pondered and explored the idea of "God"; trying to get my head around it. I can only come to the conclusion that our puny minds are simply incapable of fully understanding the natural laws that encompass and regulate all life throughout the entire Universe.

We know what we know (which isn't much) and I think a great analogy is asking; "What does a fly know of the wall it sits on?"

In regards to your question: "... Everlasting life, only God is immortal (look at the word). He will allow your eternal existence in spirit as reward for following His guidelines..." in MY humble opinion, to me, that is a classic organized-religion misconception, and quite possibly a deliberate fallacy put out there.

The idea of God being somehow separate from everything else is misleading. I think of God as the natural, unchanging laws of Nature. God is more of a system, rather than a "being", with all humanity's worst traits.

I believe finding God is as simple as understanding the natural laws around us, which is really just learning from your mistakes and gaining experience.

I also believe eternal existence is one of those natural laws, because we are spirit, and spirit is immortal and eternal. There's no conditions on passing into the spirit world, other than those put in place by the vested interests of so called "Great" Religions. They are not the gate keepers of the spirit world, although they like to be seen as such; standing at the Pearly Gates entrance, shaking a donation box.

I'm feeling a rant coming on, so I better stop. Apologies also if I have taken this story off-thread.

Regards

Mack
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-10)
I hope I don't drag things off topic with my question /search for views of others. Regarding the soul, I (after being raised in Catholic tradition of 'immortal' soul) thought the "technicality" is the translations talk of everlasting life, only God is immortal (look at the word). He will allow your eternal existence in spirit as reward for following His guidelines.
Does this make sense? I don't say this as "I am right/have the answer" being human I am as fallible as anyone, rather an attempt to learn via the views of others:)
Sorry for being long winded, L
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-27)
Hi Rynne
Sorry I thought my email address was visible on my profile page.
It is now!
Regards
Mack
rynne (69 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-26)
Thank you, Mack.:) Would love to. Don't know how to connect with you though. Regards,
Rynne
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-24)
Lunarsage,
I found your account interesting. For a time, I was blessed to hear of the fae from a neighboring seanmháthair (grandmother/ old woman), or Mamo as she preferred to be called. She grew up in Ireland, so I assume she had her lore down proper. I was just a wee one at the time, but I still recall much of what she told me, and some of the things we would do to keep them happy. *Sigh* Sorry, tripped down memory lane for a moment there.
Anyway, you mentioned having a few books on the Fae not written in English. May I ask what language they are in, and maybe wheedle a few titles from you as well? Extra points if they're illustrated!
Oh, you also mentioned thinking a neighbor lady may have been Wiccan because of some books she had like "Solomon's keys", I think you meant Keys of Solomon (grimoire of renaissance magic). Not exactly average bedtime reading...
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-24)
Hi Rynne
Feel free to email me if you would like to discuss anything further.
I'd love to hear from you 😊
Regards
Mack
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-23)
LS,

Ah I understand... You were just using that as a simple 'point of reference'. As for 'where' on the Astral Plane you have been, you would know that far better than I.

As far as 'humans' being a mistake... I must disagree...Human's can make mistakes, it's part of our nature... Free will leads to both good and bad choices... So are we a mistake? NO. Do we make mistakes? YES.

Anyway...Just my opinion.

Respectfully,

Rook
rynne (69 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-23)
Macknortan,

I enjoy and appreciate many of your posts (as I do of so many others here: rook, geetha, Miracles, sds,,,,). Have had several questions for you when I've read something you posted (such as here) but concerned at taking the thread a bit off the topic... But thank you and others for sharing your learning and thoughts! Regards and peace.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-03-23)
Hi Lunarsage - thanks for your response. Personally, I don't feel that humans are a mistake at all. We have evolved as we are meant to following the unchanging, constant and perfect laws of nature that have always existed. Because we exist as aspecies, I believe that means that we were always going to exist.

I believe that as a species we starting losing the plot once we gained self-awareness and then realized that we had free will (to an extent) Then we started making some dodgy choices based on ignorance and inexperience (such as building nuclear weapons to quote your example - although splitting the atom was a genius moment, don't you agree?).

I know I'd prefer limited free will to being an automated robot.
However we have also made some great process as a race and not all our decisions are bad, it's a two steps forward, one step back type of evolution.

I still contend that a soul can't be destroyed at all, as our souls are the eternal spark of divinity, forever linked to God, Allah, Vishnu etc... Spirit MUST be eternal as there can not be a beginning or end to eternity / infinity.

I'm not saying Nature is all necessarily "friendly" (due to free will) but what I'm saying is there are laws within laws in nature and these can't be transgressed by whoever, whenever they please; such as instant possession. I'm sure there are low level souls lurking around in the darker spheres who would love to possess us, but they just can't on a whim. That is my point.

You said "...and more over, evil cares not for the nature of things nor balance..." Well what is "evil" other than free will and the decision to do something which causes pain, misery and suffering? We also have the choice to cause happiness, joy and spread love. Love and hate are the opposite sides of the same coin; they define each other. How would we recognize and appreciate love if their was no hate or evil?

Lunarsage, you also wrote: "...I know more than I'm saying due to some of what I have read on this site..." I say all truth should be shared and if you have more experience and knowledge of astral travel then put it out there. People can apply their reason to it and either accept it or reject it (or debate it) as they choose, but if you believe it to be true then that's fine.

Regards

Mack
LunarSage (guest)
-1
8 years ago (2016-03-23)
Rook,
I have been there many times so I doubt it's a dream, I have got plenty of experience telling the difference but even I was sceptical at first until it happened a few more times. As for the LOTR reference, I used it because again, it's well known and written in English unlike a few of my books I have started collecting on the Fae folk. In a situation like that, surrounded by archers, what would you have thought besides 'Oh crap... This is a bad Middle Earth spoof and I'm the target dummy.' True it's not full of fact, but it was something I thought most would have read or seen the movie of and could kind of relate to.
LunarSage (guest)
-3
8 years ago (2016-03-23)
Mack,
I know more than I'm saying due to some of what I have read on this site, and the cord can be broken or severed, and more over, evil cares not for the nature of things nor balance. And I have to disagre with nature doesn't make mistakes. In my opinion humans are a mistake, just look at the nuclear weapons... And no a soul can't easily be destroyed, but trapped yes with difficulty. I have seen things I doubt you would believe but still, there are entities more than happy to jump your vessel. Not everything from mother nature is friendly. Besides the astral plane is close to many other planes of existence.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-03-23)
The 'astral body's' return 'may' cause a feeling of 'falling' OR 'Jumping' when returning. I have found that over time this feeling goes away OR only happens if I am 'needed' at home and my astral body returns in a hurry.

I have found that this book:

Llewellyn's Practical Guide to Astral Projection By Denning and Philllips

Http://www.amazon.com/Llewellyn-Practical-Guide-Astral-Projection/dp/0875421814

To have been most helpful to me.

I had done a lot of research, taken lessons from 2 individuals and still was unable to 'Project' myself. Then I found the above mentioned book. It's what helped me.

(Now a few words to our sponsor)

LunarSage,

"I understand a fury in your words, But not the words." (W. Shakespeare)

I was re-reading the comments... Went back and re-read your expereince and I think what may have happened was that you (LunarSage) may have experienced a dream before achieving the 'astral projection' you were attempting...

That being said 'The Lord of the Rings' is not good 'source material' as Tolkien took 'folklore' and weaved it into a story of High Fantasy/Fiction. The Fae do not resemble the Elves from Lord of the Rings even if some of their abilities come from traditional local folklore.

If we use works of Fiction to support our Paranormal Theories no one will take us seriously, and that is something that is all to common as it is.

Respectfully,

Rook
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-03-23)
Hi Lunarsage

I have to respectfully disagree with your comments: "...tho if you do find yourself free, don't stay gone to long. If gone to long the body begins to die, without a soul to keep it going I assume is the cause. Or worse, something could try to 'borrow' your vessel while your gone..."

"...not everything you meet is friendly, and theoretically if you die out of body your physical body dies as well (and I'm not in any hurry to test that theory)..."

In my opinion, astral travel involves the soul and it's spirit body (vehicle) temporarily leaving the material body. The spirit body (or astral body as it's often referred to) is connected to the physical body via a cord. This cord is often described as "silvery" and of an incredibly fine substance.

This cord enables the body to survive, it gives the physical body it's "life-force". As when we sleep, everyone "dies" at night in-so-far as we leave our physical bodies and venture into the spirit world, where we can prepare ourselves for our greater existence once "death' comes.

"Death" is when the spirit / soul leaves the physical body permanently. The cord is no longer attached.

Spirit is eternal, indestructible. You can not be "killed" in spirit. Your spirit is immortal. Should your body suffer a massive and fatal trauma whilst you are astral traveling, and it can not function then dies, you simply do not return to it, you can not return to it, but YOU (your consciousness) are still alive.

Also, I would find it incredible, to say the least, that another spirit could simply "take over " someones body when the were astrally traveling (or sleeping). From what I've witnessed, Nature doesn't muck around with experiments or makes mistakes.

Everything that is in Nature serves a clear purpose, or it doesn't exist. It's efficiency and streamlining is awe-inspiring. So to me, it just wouldn't make sense that we were enabled to astrally travel, and leave our bodies etc BUT there was a a potentially awful chance that we were going to be randomly possessed whilst doing so. That just doesn't add up to me. Too random, too illogical and too inefficient (and don't get me started on these ideas of "instant possession - just add two spoons of superstition, a pinch of irrationality and stir")

These are my opinions / beliefs based on my experiences and understandings of the relationship between our spirits and bodies. These beliefs are also based on (what I believe to be) sound reason and logic.

I felt I needed to respond to your comments as they seemed contradict commonly held knowledge regarding astral travel.

Plus I was surprised at these comments as you stated at the beginning of your story:

"...I'm gifted, and blessed with what is commonly called astral projection aka the ability to have an Out of Body Experience at will..."

I would have thought, therefore, that your knowledge and understanding of astral travel would have been far more complete than your latter posts suggest?

I hope you don't feel I'm being combative but rather I'm putting forward an alternative view point for a healthy discussion😊

Regards

Mack
LunarSage (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
SoniaMary0023, It is possible, as far as I know anyone can have an OBE but they seem most common in people that have had near death experiences or NDE for short. Also NDE seem also to have the ability to sometimes trigger past life memories. But back to OBE, anyone with practice and patience should be able to achieve freedom from their vessel if even for a short time. Tho if you do find yourself free, don't stay gone to long. If gone to long the body begins to die, without a soul to keep it going I assume is the cause. Or worse, something could try to 'borrow' your vessel while your gone.

Best wishes to you,
LunarSage
SoniaMary0023 (4 stories) (35 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
That is so interesting! Makes me wonder if I ever had an OBE... I have a couple friends who have it all the time and sometimes they don't realize it until they can see their body asleep... It astonishes me but also terrifies me...

Sonia
LunarSage (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-21)
It can feel that way, if anything it more disorients than anything. Tho I will say being free from the body then coming back you lose a feeling of freedom you can't gain any other way other than through an Obe.
SoniaMary0023 (4 stories) (35 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-20)
Sage, wow that's scary... I've heard that when you get back to your physical body, it feels like you fall into it? And/or your body would jump just like the feeling of falling?

Sonia
LunarSage (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-20)
-SoniaMary0023
Things can happen, not everything you meet is friendly, and theoretically if you die out of body your physical body dies as well (and I'm not in any hurry to test that theory). The best was to know is usually you see your body still in what seems a sleeping state. At first you want naturally to think its a dream. I had help from a neighbor to help me figure out it was real. If you do happen to have an OBE don't trust just anyone you see. Other things can be on the astral plane with you, and not just other humans.
SoniaMary0023 (4 stories) (35 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-18)
Sage, that was so interesting! I was wondering if something bad could happen while your having a outter body experience? And how can you know when your having a outter body experience? Loved your story, I'd love to read more! 😆 😆
LunarSage (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
DandK - It would be hard to describe accurately, but I remember it well, it's my earliest memory. Death by collapsed lungs due to an oil candle. But if you want I can start working on it, but what I can say easily is it doesn't hurt like one would think. I was afraid, but it didn't hurt anymore than falling asleep.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
LunarSage, you mentioned in one of your replies that you might post what you remembered about dying and about where you've been on your travels. I would be very interested to hear about that. I have had four different types of dreams related to dying. I don't want to mention them yet, but would like to compare.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

DandK
LunarSage (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Lady-Glow - It's just so many sites like Yahoo and Ask gave me smart a*$ replies I just assumed you were doing the same thing Lady-Glow. After 10 years of that it's hard to assume otherwise. Again I don't recommend sites like that for supernatural questions. A close friend of mine actually refered me here. Mystic25 mentioned this site to me and I took a chance. As for the question you asked, LOTR took its elven idea from the Irish Fae, or fair folk. I used it as a reference because it's a popular book. I figured it would be better understood than trying to describe the cold cool confidence they seemed to radiate. The bows are yew, and willow wood, tho there are some made of a reddish wood that I haven't identified yet. Again I'm sorry to have jumped your comment I just thought you were being snarky and taking a shot. And thanks for the welcome Lady-Glow.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
LunarSage: apology accepted... I was surprised by the way you reacted to my question, considering the following sentences in your profile:
"...you need wisdom to temper a hot head..." And "...So again please feel free to ask questions because the only dumb question is the one you don't ask."

Welcome to YGS.
See you around. 😊
LunarSage (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
No problem Mimi, I read about that way to test it in an old science journal that talked about astral projection. They used a single letter, that's 1 in 26 to guess right. I wanted to prove it to myself that it wasn't just a lucid dream and that I wasn't crazy the best way I could. My neighbors kid thought it was crazy until after the testing of my gift/curse lol. Thanks for the good question Mimi, I may post the story of what I remember of dying and where I have been out of my body and or what I've seen during those 'walks' later. Far as I know, anyone can Astral project with practice and patience, tho most of what I have read says a near death experience can trigger it.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Sage, thank you for your quick response. It sounds like a good verification.
LunarSage (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Mimi, I had a neighbor write a word on a piece of paper before he went to bed. Any word he could think of. The next morning at the bus stop I'd say the word and he would then show me the piece of paper. Out of 11 tries I got 10 correct, he was 11 at the time and I was 13. We tried other tests like numbers and colors and like before I was unusually accurate. Especially since the numbers were 5 digits or more.
LunarSage (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Although I will apologize to you lady-glow, I assumed you were taking a jab. If it was a serious question, then I'm sorry to have jumped. Elves have much lore in Ireland and most of the LOTR books that describe elves use that lore. After that encounter I spent weeks trying to weed out flack and fiction on the subject. To many people were all to happy to not anser a question but blindly attack what they didn't comprehend, thus I don't recommend the usual sites.
LunarSage (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Mack, usually it doesn't go dark it just feels like vibrations as I start to leave, most of the time I see myself in my comfortable chair before I head out on my walks. I have had many, after I died 3 time's at 18 months old it's happened most nights until I learned how to control it at 9. I have been many places but when I was young I'd mainly stay in my room watching my body lay in my bed. At first I thought they were dreams until a neighbor mentioned seeing me floating in her yard right where the view of the creek behind our two properties was best. She was a Wiccan I think, I remember she had books on magic in her house. Solomon's keys and other strange titles. Most of the time the place I met my 'friend' was on a mountain a few miles away where no one lived at that time. The tug I can't explain, it's almost like being pulled somewhere by the ears, it's only happened a few times and each time it feels like I'm blacking out only to find myself in a place I have never seen. Sometimes it was a house or a grassy hill. Most of the time tho I'd be in woods I'd never seen before. I would normally just go to my favorite spot in the woods near my childhood home. An old bone yard. Full of old cow bones and far from humanity. Now a days I walk in other places since I live in a city, sometimes I try to find new places to wander or go to the little nature park in town.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: