You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadow Man Of San Diego

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Man Of San Diego

 

This is going to be composed of four separate events within the same time span. I have lived in 4 states now (military family). Florida is my last stop; however, I lived in California from the ages of 3 to 9 going on 10. Even though we didn't live in the best apartment, there was a lot of history in San Diego (Whaley House and William Heath Davis House as examples). Because of this, I suppose I am not entirely surprised about the possible ghosts there. When I was around 7 years old (so around 2005), I started to have experiences with spirits. This is when I started to realize how sensitive I was.

The first experience began when I was in my bedroom. I was not asleep. I was not drowsy. I was just laying in bed keeping to my thoughts. I had a closet with sliding doors and it used to get stuck so I just left it open most of the time. When I looked up, I saw a pair of red eyes staring back at me. I thought to myself, maybe I'm just hallucinating so I blinked and kept staring at it and then realized that they wouldn't go away. I started to panic and pretended to go to sleep. Now as a young girl, I had some Barbie dolls but I never had toys with red light up eyes so I can't blame it on that.

Another experience happened shortly after this. In my bedroom, we had it where the bathroom is connected to the bedroom. So I could put the light on. I left my door open and, again, I was not drowsy or half awake. I was wide awake laying in bed. I look up and see out my door a shadow with long pointed ears or horns, pointed feet, and pointed arms. It had no fingers or toes. It was so strange and it had a malicious smile. It was going into my mom's room. It noticed me and turned to me and "shushed" me without making an actual sound. I didn't scream. I was frozen. Its eyes were holes. I can't explain it. Like, it was just a shadow. I still can't wrap my head around it. The next morning I woke up and said to my mom, "Did anything happen to you last night? Like any nightmares or anything weird or scary?" And she basically responded, "No, I slept fine. Why do you ask?" This is even stranger. Why was this thing going into my mom's room? I couldn't figure it out.

The third experience. I started sleeping in my mom's bed shortly after all this. On this particular night she kept her door open. Now. I have noticed that all of these experiences have taken place JUST as I get into bed. It's like it wants me to know of its presence or something. I saw a black mass that resembled a man. It just stood there. I kept staring back at it. Suddenly, it took a step forward. And then another step forward. I was so freaked out at this point that I decided to get up and pretend I was sleepy so it wouldn't suspect anything. I pretended not to notice it and closed the door quickly and jumped into bed curling up next to mom.

Now this experience happened when I just woke up. This experience is different from the rest. It was around 5 am. I had just gotten up. A little back story. My older brother is 11 years my senior. So around this time my brother was finishing up high school. I went into the living room and saw a figure shadow similar to my brother's stature; it looked like a man and had empty eyes. I asked, "Joey, is that you?" I wiped my eyes and looked at it again. When I went back to my mom's bedroom, I had passed my bedroom (the one I shared with my brother) and saw him laying in bed. The figure had disappeared.

To this day I still see and hear things; however, I mostly hear things. Because of this, I doubt myself. I have tried to rationalize it. Maybe I have psychosis and hallucinate and just don't realize it? Maybe it's in my head. California had a lot of ghosts. The apartment in New Jersey was built in the early 1900s and other people in the complex plus the landlord had experiences. And now in Florida, I still sometimes see or hear things. I don't know what to make of it. Is something following me? Has a male dark ghost attached to me? Am I just picking up on ghosts from two old apartments and now this moderately old one as well? I don't know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DirtCreature, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BlackCatAttack (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Hi Tweed,

Well my parents actually divorced around this time, hence why there is no mention of my father. So perhaps, a lot of that negative energy would draw these presences to my apartment at the time. My experience with the paranormal is different now. I actually have submitted another story on that, which will be published probably soon.

I believe that everyone needs to keep an open mind to different possibilities. Not just the ones we're most comfortable with ^^ Thank you.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Hi BlackCat,

Many of us on the site feel the teen years bring an influx of paranormal activity. There are loads of stories similar to yours from all ages. Also your experiences here are similar to what a lot of other teens and young adults go through.
I'm not too bothered by the horned figure, especially since your mother slept soundly and seemed unaware of any presence to speak of. There are a few stories on here of horned figures, like the one you described, I feel these are nature spirits/protectors (including whomever the red eyes belonged to). Can't say why they enter homes, but I guess they're drawn in by a general mood/energy.

So far there's nothing in your experiences to suggest evil intent. I know these beings are terrifying to meet and you have the right to ask them or will them to stop if you wish. But sometimes we're only afraid of what we don't understand.
I also second Dreamer's advice and I'm glad you're keeping an open mind to all possibilities. 😊
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
hi black cat, glad to see you are taking some affirmative action.
all the best, dreamer01 😊
BlackCatAttack (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Hi dreamer01,

I do plan on going to a therapist or counselor of some kind to maybe see if there is anything else interfering. Regardless of whether the paranormal exists or not, it is important to rule out any other rational possibilities.

Thank you.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
hi blackcat,

Firstly, being a teenager can be to some extent a confusing time in ones life without the added burden of other strange and disturbing things going on. I am just going to give you a few suggestions, some possible avenues you could explore if you wish to. There are also many other more wise and knowlegable contributers on this site than I so between us all I am sure you will find some answers, be patient.

You could go see a medical doctor and see what they say. Maybe a reputable psychic medium could shed some light on your situation or a shaman. I feel that establishing what is really going on will lead you to some good solutions.

blessings to you, please keep us all informed as to your progress.

😊 😊 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: