You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Want To Know The Truth

Real Ghost Stories

I Want To Know The Truth

 

***I have changed names of family members for privacy reasons... Names of deceased have been kept the same***

The paralysis problem (read last story) has kind of swept away and my life has been "back to normal". There still are moments when the room I'm in will get freezing cold yet the thermometer will indicate a very warm degree, and days where I will come back from work and everything in the kitchen would be on the floor yet nobody has been in the house all day. But it happens so often that I just seem to ignore it when it does happen.

So, as I've said everything has been "back to normal" but one thing has been catching my attention lately. When I come home my first words are usually "Sweetie! Are you home yet?" (to my husband) and he usually gives no answer (because he isn't usually home before me but I seem to ask anyway).

One day I come back home and ask my commonly used question "Sweetie! Are you home yet?" yet surprisingly I got an answer this time. It came from one of the rooms upstairs. He replied with a very apprehensive "yes!" which sounded drowsy and distorted. I made my way upstairs, trying to find my way to him (because everything looked so different). The house is vast which doesn't make anything easier. I reached the conclusion that looking for him was leading nowhere so I silently agreed with myself that I was to ask him which room he was in and as far as I can remember, I asked him something along the lines of "Which room are you in?!" which he then instantly replied with a "YES!" which sounded hurried and angry.

A few seconds later I could hear someone walking in the front door, which quickly came out to be Anton (my husband). I hurriedly ran downstairs, Anton was in the kitchen and I was extremely disorientated, standing in the hallway. I looked upstairs where I saw a translucent, shady, distorted figure, to which I then heard a heavy, full mouthed scream.

I then cannot remember anything until waking up in the hospital, with paramedics above me. I sat up in a panic, hoping that everything was okay. Anton calmed me down and told me that I had fainted and stopped breathing and probably hit my head on the side of the hallway.

I asked him many questions of which one was "Did you hear the scream?" He had no idea what I was talking about, same thing happened when I asked if he had seen the figure but I knew he was lying. I could see it in his eyes; he knows about something which he doesn't want to tell me about.

A few things had happened while I was staying at the hospital but that will be a story that I'll leave for later. I really do need help this time and can someone try to explain the reason why would my husband lied? The atmosphere between us has hugely changed and if I'm going to find out what really happened to me that evening then that atmosphere is going to have to change.

Other hauntings by lily122

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lily122, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Julie_W696 (11 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-16)
You're probably past this by now, but I think you're husband was so scared (maybe terrified) by what he saw, that he's trying to pretend he didn't see anything (lying to both himself and you).

Julie
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Lily22,
I have been thinking about your experience, and have come up with a few ideas/questions.
During the hopspital visit, did the doctors find out about any underlying symptoms, or illness' that you may not have known about?
After this incident has the activity increased?
The air in the house, upon entering does it feel heavy?
And if you and your husband stay in the house for long periods of time, do you both argue, or get upset at each other easier than before this incident took place?
The reason why I ask, is because if its an entity that say doesn't have the best intentions could be causing you both to squabble. Influencing so to speak. In order for it to grow stronger, and cause more ruckus is by playing on emotions, whatever those may be.

Thank you for sharing
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
lily122 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
cosmogal926, the activity has always been there and always probably will be. As I have said before the doctors have only told me that I went into shock and fainted
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Lily122 - the longer you go without talking to your husband about what happened, the more you are likely to start imagining things that may not be true.
lily122 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
sds, i'll make sure to do some research however the house has been passed down through generations, I don't know it's full history but i'll be sure to find it out.
lily122 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
DandK, all the doctors had told me was that I fainted and went into shock. To be honest i'm not completely sure what it was about him but it felt sinister.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Lily122, I am also going to agree with Dandk and sds regarding your husband in the sense that he might not be lying, just concerned or confused by what happened. I too would like to know what the doctor's said about you fainting. Did they say why or what caused it? If I would have seen and heard what you did I probably would have fainted too. I'm glad that you didn't seriously injure yourself. Has the activity continued since you been back home from the hospital?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Hi lily122, I hope you are doing well now. I go with DandK. Still even if your husband was lying to you, it might be because he cares about you and because you were in hospital, he wants you not to get scared about what you have seen or heard. Hope he will become normal soon and if possible, if you are ok, please do have an open discussion with him about what had happened on that day. It would definitely help. You can tell him what you heard, then your going up the stairs and when you heard his footsteps, coming down and seeing the apparition and hearing the scream. You tell him that you are no longer scared. He might share his opinions.

But, I would suggest you to investigate about the house, ask your neighbours. Please do some research. It could give us clues. And besides your experience on that day, did you have any other encounter, sighting, hearing of voices etc.? If so, please do share with us.

Be confident. By the way, I don't understand the first line of your narrative. Why is it so? I can understand about the names of the family members but I don't think your narrative had any reference to any other person that your husband. Please do explain.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Lily122, it's possible that what you interpreted in your husband's eyes was worry about you, rather than lying. Perhaps he is scared about your health and mental well-being. If he doesn't understand what is happening to you or in the home, he may appear guarded because he is scared about the situation.

Did the doctors give you any indication of what could have happened to you?

Thank you for sharing your story,
DandK

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: