You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Dad Is Everywhere, I Tell Ya

Real Ghost Stories

My Dad Is Everywhere, I Tell Ya

 

When I was eating dinner with my whole family in the dining room, one of the lights on the chandelier would flicker. My grandma said "Oh, that's Merrit..." I was like, huh? "This was Grandpa Irving's chandelier and after he died, it would flicker and your dad said it was him saying hi. Now that your father has passed away, I think it's him..." I was so happy. My dad is in my house!

Then my dad got annoying... His "spirit" moved to the chandelier in the kitchen, and whenever I do my homework, one light flickers. One time I was fighting with my mom and the light flickered. I said "Stop it!" and it stopped and my mom looked at me like I was crazy. Then it flickered again. My sister turned off the light and turned the light bulb and then it stopped. Then a minute later, it started up again. It actually got on my nerves after a while.

My dad also came into my math classroom. My teacher was writing on the blackboard and then the overhead moved right next to me. She turned around and saw it was moved. She pulled down the white slide sheet and then when she walked away, it went right back up. I laughed. I think my dad did it because I was bored and wanted to make me laugh.

I know this is all my dad's doing because it always something that relates back to him. Oh well. I don't really want to get rid of him, I like it. I just wanted to show you an updated story of my dad and I.

Other hauntings by TryToFigureItAllOut

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TryToFigureItAllOut, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
How warming that your grandfather and your father used the same form of initial communication with you and your family. I agree that perhaps he and your grandfather did not enjoy what they saw was a lack of respect for your mother and let you know it. Somehow that is a comforting thought, even following you to school. Thank you for your story.
Rosemary (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Your father may not be happy with the way you were talking to your mother and this w as his way of dealing with you.
And believe me he may be trying to help her deal with teenagers from the Spirit World he could get your attention in other ways.
I do believe he is also appearing to you as a good spirit, but when we don't head their warnings they can take swift action and they will let us know they mean business.
They can hang around and cause nightmares and even cause you to not do well in school to get your attention and if that happens you have to apologize to them and try to do better.
Then everyone on Earth and in the Spirit World gets back to playing nice.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
How funny!Haha!I would LOVE to have my dad make me luagh during class!That's really funny! Thanks for the story Ghost!
With love,
Yuki
bossymiss (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
ghosttalker13 in my class and there was a light in the classroom every certain lesson it was I think it was math and they say a girl died in our classroom and her favorite lesson was math wierd huh it was scary

bye ❤ 😊 😲
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
Actually, my dad again came to my school. We were looking at the overhead and then the lightblub blew up, like it burned out, and I sit right next to it. My friend said it was my dad and I agreed. 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
That's a nice story! Funny, too! Sounds like he also didn't like you arguing with your mother. Thanks for sharing. ~Shelby ❤
Aussie_Vamp (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
I think it's nice that your father has been looking after your family after he passed on I bet it is a real comfort for you.

Good luck with it 😊

Aussie_vamp

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: