You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Relative's Farewell?

Real Ghost Stories

A Relative's Farewell?

 

In all honesty I'm used to the paranormal; hearing things move, seeing spirits or ghosts (whatever you prefer to call them), shadow figures, and even animal spirits. Now, I could recount to you details of height, clothes, relative age, but I don't usually see a face, mostly I just see them make a quick appearance.

I've been in and out of church, but I think part of the reason I don't go to church often is I don't want to make myself completely open to seeing them everyday and I feel slightly uncomfortable in any church, but I believe in God, pray every night. I told you that for one reason. I used to go to church more, but after a lot of issues in the past year sightings have been more frequent for me. I haven't exactly ran into any spirit considered malevolent yet, but I've never heard them speak to me once, not even when I was a child and started seeing them. I'm twenty-four now and something happened to me last night that I couldn't ignore.

You see, my great aunt, like her siblings, is suffering from some form of cancer and it has become terminal. Last time we got word she had a week to maybe a few weeks before she'd pass and that was at least a week ago now. Anyways, having been unable to reach her family to check on her aunt, my mom has grown a bit restless mind you like I mentioned at least four others of her family have passed from cancer.

Well back to last night, I had also been doing regular inquiries into my great aunt's health even though we barely know each other, but I have many reasons to be concerned (my grandma has fourteen brothers and sisters, quite a few of them have battled cancer; it's heart breaking really).

Well like I said last night, as I keep getting sidetracked, I had an experience. One I've never had before. I was uncomfortable and had gotten up. I'm used to the dark and what usually comes with it, but as I made the trip through the back of the house toward the front and the bathroom from my room I realized something. It was darker, much more gloomier in the house, even the window to the backyard in the small old room next to the living room for once didn't have the moonlight shining through. I stopped at the bathroom door, glancing around. I had a feeling, but I couldn't see a thing. Then as I started to pull the door to I froze and reopened the door.

I glanced around in surprise as it registered, no one was there, but I had clearly heard a voice come from somewhere beside me and the door softly saying "Tell them I'm okay." I still didn't see anything as I shut the door seconds later, but found myself tearing up for no reason, not out of sadness though, but relief.

I hadn't really put two and two together at this point because of the shock and as I left the bathroom I found myself pausing again, but as I made my way back to my room I had my hand on the wall to guide me in the dark. I paused at my sister's door hand on the handle and stood there staring at it in the dark. It was while I was standing there glued to the spot that I thought of it. It was a woman's voice, what if my great aunt for some reason contacted me spiritually either on her death bed still or free walking with Jesus. I believe when you pray for people to get the help they need and put yourself last or just pray at all miracles can happen.

Before this incident, I had prayed in church for her twice and many times at home including others, but I had asked that he help her and not make her suffer. I'd ask questions and ask him to give an answer anyway he could if possible. Then it hit me if this was my relative's farewell, why me? Do I have a purpose getting this message?

I can't be a hundred percent sure it was her without news from the family, but even if she hasn't passed away, am I to give this message for some reason to ease the grieving when the time comes? The only answer I come up with is, yes, because I could feel the peace and happiness in those words. The words of a soul lifted from pain.

Other hauntings by Loveunlucky92

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Loveunlucky92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
RedWolf - I think maybe that was insinuated. At least that's how I read it.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Redwolf,
I am going to right that down, and look into it. I'm interested in finding out more. Thank you:)
A wasp that can kill cancer cells, and not the healthy ones! Defitnitely worth it

Spiritwaiting
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
spiritwaiting & Miracles
They are studying a Brazilian Wasp who's venom kills cancer cells but not healthy cells. I read about it on www.iflscience.com
The wasp is called Polybia paulista and you can see the teams research in the Biophysical Journal or blogs.discovermagazine.com 2015/09/01 and other sources
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Loveunlucky,
I'm a bit confused. You say "my mom has grown a bit restless mind you like I mentioned at least four others of her family have passed from cancer. You had not mentioned that fact yet just that other siblings also have some sort of cancer. Maybe one of your relatives that has passed was the spirit that said tell them I'm alright.
Regards
Red
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Hehe miracles:)
Loveunlucky92,
You can see spirits etc because you are gifted. Just my opinion though. Hope you don't get upset.
The message may very well have been from your Aunt. When the time comes to console those who will take it the hardest (your mom) let her know what you experienced.
It may help her more than you could ever possibly imagine.

Thanks greatly for sharing
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Before anyone jumps on the "why post a story if they aren't going to participate in the discussion" train, check out the o/p's other story. Said the same thing, yet participated in the discussion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: