You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: On And Off Again

Real Ghost Stories

On And Off Again

 

Things started happening when I was young. I'm going to start by describing my old house to give an accurate picture. In my old home, it was two stories. When you walk in the house, there's a den, where we put exercising equipment. Walk straight and you're in the kitchen/dining room (which is towards the left). Towards the right is the living room and in the far corner (right) is the staircase that leads upstairs.

As you walk upstairs, you can see the master bedroom (to the left) and the upstairs bathroom (straight ahead). To the right are three rooms. The farthest room was my mother's (my father and mother didn't sleep in the same room), the middle room was mine, and the last room was my brothers.

My first experience happened when I was around 10-12 years old. I remember laying in bed, waking up too early to get to school. I was on my side with my eyes closed when I heard my mom come in my room. She sat on my bed and ran her fingers through my hair. I fell back asleep. When I woke up, I felt strange, almost as if I realized that whatever was in my room was not my mother. I called her and asked her if she had come in my room that morning, and in confusion she told me no. I asked everyone in my house and they all said no.

From that point, there were things that happened that I couldn't explain and would try to just brush off. There were nights where I would be home alone and I would just hear screaming and yelling, as if two people were fighting.

On one particular night, I was sitting at the dining room table, doing homework. My parents were out and I was expecting them back any moment. I heard my front door open, voices talking, and then the door shut and the voices stopped. I looked over at the front door, confused, but shrugged it off. About 20-30 minutes later, after feeling completely uneasy about the situation, my parents came home. I found myself irritable and demanded to know why they left when they just got back. They had no idea what I was talking about.

My old house always had a heaviness to it. No one liked sleeping over, they always thought it was haunted.

My new house, which I won't go into much detail about, I've had no experiences until I was in high school. I was changing, my boyfriend in my room, and my door was open. I heard what sounded like my brother's footsteps coming. I rushed to shut the door, and felt an immediate pressure against it. I was yelling at my brother that I was half naked and my boyfriend started to try and help me push. All I could see was a black mass, and nothing my boyfriend and I could do to get the door shut.

All at once, it slammed. My boyfriend and I hit the door and I finished getting dressed. I called my brother and started yelling at him, asking why he would do that. Of course, he was confused and responded "I'm not even home". No one was home.

From this point on, I haven't experienced anything else. The worst experience was with the door, and I don't know whether it's a normal spirit or not. Any feedback or help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MysticWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-16)
MysticWolf:
Sorry if I'm commenting a little late on this (my off-line life has generated a great many demands of late), but if the haunting phenomena have persisted within the room -despite the change of occupants- then I'd recommend trying to convince whoever is haunting that room that he or she is deceased, and that the bothersome behavior is no longer
Welcome. If it resists, consider a blessing ritual, such as the one on Rook's page.
-Biblio.
MysticWolf (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-22)
Sorry for late replies - but let me point out a few things. The reason I thought it was my mother was because she would often do things like that before she went to work in the morning. With my boyfriend, we live together, my parents were okay with it because he lived in an abusive household and they trusted we would be safe and all that jazz. Thanks for all the comments! I really appreciate everyone's input on the situation.

My brother has been experiencing things in that room where my boyfriend and I were (we exchanged rooms). He ignores it though. He'll hear sneezing, someone will open his door, and he finds it hard to sleep at night, so he stays up. It's weird I dunno. Sorry for rambling! 😨
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
MysticWolf: perhaps some one wasn't happy with you and your boyfriend being home alone?
A grandmother or a grandfather whose conservative ideas wouldn't approve of...err...what you were doing and was only letting their presence and concern known?

Thanks for sharing.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
Mack: Yes. It means...uhm...Sex... 😆 😆 😆

And I need to write more so...
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
Red- what on earth is a "booty call". Is that an American term?

Regards

Mack
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
Dreamer,
She also states that nobody was home so if they aren't living together like Miracles said the boyfriend could have come over for a booty call. 😆
Regards
Red
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
hi miracles,

Thank you for enlightening my stone age mind.

Cheers, dreamer01
😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
dreamer - in the States it is not uncommon for teenaged boys or girls to be alone in the bedroom. I know a lot of families where either the boyfriend moved in with his girlfriend's family (teenagers) or the other way around. It also isn't uncommon for the partner to sleep over.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
hi mystic wolf,
Interesting stories but, I am a little mystified about some of the things you have stated and maybe you could give some more details.

I am wondering why you thought your mother was stroking your hair and why you kept your eyes closed?

You also stated that you were half naked and getting changed in your bed room with your boyfriend in there as well. I find it odd that any parent of a teenage daughter would allow that sort of behaviour to happen.

If I am completely wrong about what you have said or just misinterpreted you some how please straighten me out.

Thanks for sharing 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: