You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ebay Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

Ebay Ouija Board

 

My dad used to buy things from eBay then sell them at their actual price, one day he got this old Ouija board. Its box portrayed it as a game "fun for the whole family". None of my sisters played with it though and neither did I. Suddenly weird things happened though no one touched the board, it was just sitting in the garage.

One night was the first of many nights I woke at 3:04 am exactly. I woke up scared for no reason, no nightmare, nothing just scared with a bad feeling. I'd always just sit there awake and turn over and try to go back to sleep.

This first night, I turned over and tried to go back to sleep (as I would usually do for nights after this) but when I turned and laid my head on my pillow a moment after a man's voice said directly into the ear laying on the pillow but was clear as day "go back to sleep". I jumped up and woke my sister who shared a room with me crying and scared. I stayed up all night. My sister could not have been awake and the voice wasn't my dad's. No guy another than my dad lived with me.

Another day in the same house, I was watching a movie alone. I paused the movie and took the remote with me to the bathroom. When I came back to disc was out and place on the table next to the TV and the disc drive on the Xbox was open. And my room was a mess.

Another time in the same home, I left the kitchen and heard something behind me, when I turned I saw a man in a red shirt behind me though I heard no doors open. I ran from him and turned back around and he was gone.

My dad sold the board and we moved. I've had nothing paranormal happen since.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WelcomeToMyLife0223, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WelcomeToMyLife0223 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
Since the experiences i've tried to forget but i've noticed changes about myself in general. I have a very strong intuition now. I will sometimes get strong bad feelings, enough to make my stomach turn and make me physically sick, about people after first meeting them. I sensitive to places that have seen death and I tend to see shadows and people out of the corner of my eye that aren't there.

I'v accepted these into daily life and i'm pretty used to them. I still refuse to use Ouija boards. Instead of forgeting i've kind of just accept they exist.

Now I help others in situations like i've had by giving advice. I've even learned protection prayers for my sisters because they currently mess with oujia board investigating the paranormal in the same way I do because of our experiences. Thank you for your comments
WelcomeToMyLife0223 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
Hello.This is the first time i've read any of the comment, I didn't know it had been posted yet. So i'll try to summarize my answers. I did tell my parents about seeing the man, they assumed I imagined it. I wasn't the only family member to have experiences but since I didn't know all the details I didn't include them. I hadn't known about the board until after the first two events, I was told after my youngest sister saw it behind piles and piles of other stuff in the garage. I tend to forget I have things in my hands like pens,forks, and remotes. I just forget I have them.
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-03)
Did You ever comment that you saw a man to your father or did you keep that to yourself?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-06)
Biblio - even though I can't recall doing that, it isn't out of the realm of possibility lol. Yesterday I was searching, retracing trying to find my cell phone, which was in my hand the whole time 😆
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
Welcome, Welcome, to YGS!
(Ha! Can't believe I got to say that first! Either that, or everone else was busy being more mature.)
Having a sidline auctioning off products in ebay is a good way to supplement one's income (one of the Religious Studies teachers told me last year that his son -who is a high-school student and athelete- has been buying stuff at yardsales, cleaning or preserving it, and then auctioning it on ebay between doing his homework assignments. He's earning about half the amount my colleague earns for TEACHING high school students.

Your dad's little enterprise is good, and probably very reasonable, BUT it may be best for your peace of mind to persuade him to avoid Ouija Boards, Religious paraphernalia, etc., and to stick with products he knows well so he won't draw the attention of weird or dangerous people (living or dead)!
People who collect ceramic kittens may appear odd, but they're usually nice and a little quirky; people who collect Ouija Boards, or who wish to outbid others for them, may not be the 'good' kind of odd.

Your dad does have daughters to care for, after all.

Best,
Biblio.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
Miracles: have you ever aimed the phone at the TV and wondered why in the hell it isn't changing to channel 172, no matter how many times you push the buttons? (Please, tell me I'm not the only one!)
-Biblio.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
RandyM,
Any of my experiences with Quija have been bad.
Well from what I've seen, personally I've never touched one and never would. My mother,grandmother,and husbands family have all dabbled with it, and all outcomes seem to be negative.
Then again there are others whom know how to use it correctly and can have a good experience.
I myself personally wouldn't ever recommend using it for any reason, because any type of spirit could come through.

Just my opinion 😊
Sincerely Spiritwaiting
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
Hello All

I can't seem to form an opinion about a Ouija board
I see ghost hunters saying they would never use one as they stand
There trying to record an EVP or some other from of spirit communication.
What's the difference?
Perhaps it depends on how much power we believe something has?
I am beginning to think that the board has such a negative reputation
That that may help with the negative experiences. Not sure, just food for thought.
I guess I'm on the fence with the boards and really don't see them as
Different as any form of trying to communicate with the other side.
Sure would like some input or to hear other experiences people here have had with them.
Cheers to everyone
Randy
Calamity (2 stories) (53 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
Macknorton,

HaHaHa! Too funny! I needed that laugh, thanks!
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
Hi welcometomylife0223--spiritwalking brings up an excellent point. Maybe just knowing the Ouija board was in your house caused you to have a heightened sense of fear. Psychical researchers call this "expectation." If you felt anxious or in a state of of expectancy regarding the board being brought into your house, you very well may have created the perfect storm to begin imagining every sound at night or image out of the corner of your eye was somehow connected to the Ouija board in the garage.

As far as your room being messy, I think that is just a common side effect of being a teenager. It was for me. Mack, your comment had me laughing out loud!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
Wtml0223,
I'm happy to see you nor your siblings ever played with the board.
I'm not sure though, if the board caused all this ruckus in your home, or maybe the fear it caused, by you knowing it was there.

Sometimes fear can cause many to hear,see,and experience things. You become more how do I say this, Jumpy is the only I could describe.
I definitely have had my days where this has happened to me.

Thanks for sharing,
And hope your family is doing well.
Spiritwaiting
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
Nice story! WelcomeToMyLife0223... Oujja board can have some attached entity which we never know. I am glad nothing is happening now
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
Miracles
I've left the house with my reading glasses on and when I got behind the wheel of the car and wondered why everything far away was so blurry! 😆
Have a good week end.
Red
Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Is the board still sold on ebay!?

They should stop and set rules on what to sell and what not to sell! Horrible! 😨
YeseGrey15 (20 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
How scary! Did you feel the room get cold as you heard this mans voice?
Did you not hear when your room was being disheveled?
I would of been absolutely scared out of my mind and left the house until someone got home! LOL
Hope all is well 😁 😨
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Ooooh of course, that makes sense, thanks Miracles!
LOL at the phone! I'm sure you're not the only one who does that 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Tweed - I've been guilty of carrying my portable house phone to my truck and driving up our road with it. In my hand LOL

As for the remote, my son does that so my grandbaby can't get it and so no one else can change the channel while he's in the bathroom 😆
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
This has got to be the greatest YGS story title of all time. It's got everything.

Ummm I would have been more concerned the man in the kitchen was an intruder, err yeah. 😐
I take the remote to the kettle sometimes, so I can unmute the ads on time. But never to the bathroom. Why take the remote to the bathroom?
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Wow, that's so eerie! Something has just clicked in my mind!

You know, my eldest son is 14 and when I saw the unbelievable state of his room the other day, I asked him how he could let it get into such a terrible condition. And you know what he said? He replied "...Well Dad,...you see...it's kind of like this; there I was watching a movie alone. I paused the movie and took the remote with me to the bathroom. When I came back to disc was out and place on the table next to the TV and the disc drive on the Xbox was open. And my room was a mess!..."

Thank you Welcometomylife0223 - you have cleared up a real mystery about my son; he's not a slob, his room is actually HAUNTED! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHH! 😆
Mystic25 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
That's the down fall of buying used Ouija boards you don't know what it was used for, who or what came through it or what could still be attached to it.

Ouija boards in general even bought new can be dangerous if not used carefully. Mainly because a lot of people use them carelessly or don't close them properly after a session.

I hope the person that bought it from your dad isn't having too many problems. Has your family had any problems since he sold the board and your family moved? I wish you the best.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: