You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Wish It Didn't Happen To Me

Real Ghost Stories

Wish It Didn't Happen To Me

 

So, throughout my life, I've had all sorts of weird experiences ranging from something whispering my name in my ear whilst awake, to a woman sitting on my pillow screaming for me to wake up, whilst asleep.

I don't believe in psychics or ghosts. I do however, believe in demons. Each to their own, eh? There's one story in particular I'd like to share.

Three years ago I took up a job offer and moved to London. I was sharing a 2 storey house with 2 other couples, and another girl. My room was the first one at the top of the stairs.

One morning, I woke up at 5am. It was the weekend, and I remember thinking "I don't have to get up yet". I know I was awake no matter how much I try and convince myself otherwise. I had a lock inside my room, which I always used. The area I moved to was a little run down, so I felt safer locking my bedroom door at night.

Anyway, so I woke up at 5am, and I had my back to my bedroom door. I heard someone run up the stairs at full speed, and then I felt someone lean over me. It was like someone was leaning on me with all their weight, and trying to get a peak at my face. I was terrified. I thought I locked my door!

I then felt someone slowly pull the pillow from underneath me. Terrified, I turned around expecting to see someone. To my surprise there was no one there. I got up to double check my door, it was locked.

I asked my flatmates if anyone was awake at that time, or if they had heard anything. They all said no. It took me a while to move on from that experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blurberry, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Hi Blurberry,

Thanks for sharing. The detail about this individual running has got me to wondering about a few other stories on here with running ghosts. I just suddenly wondered if 'running' is a good way for a ghostie to build up energy to manifest or do other things like peer over you in bed, by the way urrgh! 😨 Don't much care what their motives where, that'd scare me too!

Coming back to the running, recently there was a story by Science-tastic in which she heard running followed by a bunch of other sounds and a door being closed. A while back someone else told of a rented house with a prohibition history link. It seemed their runner was residual, but very audible none the less. So now I'm thinking running is a good energy builder/maintainer for ghosties to run riot...woot...I'm so funny I should be on TV.😐
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Blurberry, I don't think you encountered a demon. Sure, you were unnerved by the incident, I would be too.

You say your dwelling was built on bombed sites. In my humble opinion, the land itself would harbour a lot of 'memories'. No doubt there would have been deaths due to the bombing. I think you are encountering spirits which once inhabited the building where your flat now stands. I don't think they mean to harm you, nor even to scare you.

Thank you for sharing.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Blueberry,
I agree with Lady-glow on this.
If anything this resident spirit was trying to figure out who you were.
Or it could be residual energy still lingering there. Maybe a child running up to grab his/her pillow.
The feeling you experienced could it possibly be that you were frightened thus making you feel like it was trying to scare you?

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
blurberry (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
It's an ex council house massionett. Central London has loads of council buildings that were built after the war, because all the old houses had been bombed.
I get the feeling whatever it was, was not friendly. It's intent was to scare me. My flatmates never felt or experienced anything.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
The lack of information about the history of the house where you had this experience makes it hard to decide who or what was trying to pull the pillow from under your head.
Still, it is my opinion that it wasn't a demon but more like a disembodied resident feeling curious about the "intruder" sleeping in his house.

Was that the only time you experienced this?
Did any of your flatmates ever mention having a similar experience?
Did you feel threatened by the presence?
Do you still think it was a demon?

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: