You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Close And Personal Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Close And Personal Encounter

 

I've had a few paranormal experiences but for now, I'll describe the most prominent encounter as it still gives me chills to this day.

About 10 years ago my family and I moved into an old house and as soon as we walked over the threshold the first time, I knew the house was haunted. It was that cold, feeling of being watched sensation that often accompanies these unsettling experiences (at that point it was a familiar feeling in my life).

As I had just finished school, I was spending most of my time at home and it wasn't uncommon for me to hear ghostly footsteps pacing slowly up and down the corridors and experience that constant feeling of being watched (as cliche as that sounds). When I knew I'd be home by myself for the day, I'd spend it in the back garden reading and waiting for my parents to get home from work. I just felt too uncomfortable in the house.

One night I was falling asleep and felt a sudden pressure on the end of my bed. It was fairly routine for my cat to jump on the bed to curl up for sleep by my feet so I ignored it and tried to sleep. The pressure, however, started to move up the sheets over my feet and started to feel more like hands running over me. Scared, I sat up in bed looking for the cat, but saw nothing, only the sheets with these unseen hands moving up my legs, slowly but firmly. Needless to say I was terrified, and jumped out of bed and ran straight for my parents' room, turning on all the lights along the way!

I explained the encounter to my mum who, being clairvoyant, was understanding and quick to forgive me for waking her in the middle of the night. She offered to spend the rest of the night in my bed to see if she could 'pick up' anything from the energy in the room that might explain what happened. I slept on the couch in the lounge, with the light and television on... And my cat on my lap!

The next morning my mum explained to me that the spirit of a little girl had visited her and told her that she apologised for scaring me; she used to live in this house with her grandmother who was crippled with bad arthritis and every night she would sit on her bed and rub her legs to warm up her joints and make her feel comfortable. She was doing the same to me in the hope it'd help me sleep. I never had another visit from her after that but always felt her watching me in the house!

This is my first post on this site and recognise that this may be more suited to the psychic experiences site (?) but I just wanted to share my experience:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vespertine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
hmm Yeah, Vespertine I share the same view as Mack on this.

Is it possible your mother actually did something, cleanse/shield etc, to get rid of the ghost, then tell a little white lie about a young girl? Just following this theory for a second, if your Mum was able and sure to get rid of it, she maybe didn't want to freak you out.
Or, maybe a not so nice ghost was able to fool her somehow.
I'd like to think it was a misunderstanding by nice ghost, but your general feeling in the house suggests it wasn't to me. 😕
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-03)
Hi Vespertine - thanks for sharing. Intriguing. I can't understand the logic of a spirit returning to a house she used to live in with her Grandma, and decided to rub YOUR legs. Plus you were actually in the process of falling asleep.

Clearly that would freak most people out, and sure enough, it did.

I have to ask, did your clairvoyant Mother (who was obviously very perceptive to give such a detailed explanation of the leg rubbing events) ever pick up on anything else in your house considering the footsteps, the sense of a presence, and your feelings of being watched that you constantly experienced?

I'm also interested in whether your Mother knew why or how the girl died?

Regards

Mack
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Vespertine,
Ooo this so sweet and creepy all at the same time!
So sweet she was trying to help you sleep, but you not being able to see her and still feel it!

Goosebumps!
Thanks for sharing
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: