You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mr 10:30

Real Ghost Stories

Mr 10:30

 

Short story

This happened on my 16th birthday. October 30th.

I was working nights with my mom. Got out of the van to put papers in a box. This particular box always creeped me out simply because it was in a old neighborhood and the street lights often didn't work. So I would always look around before getting out.

As I was leaned over the box putting papers in a voice came from behind me. "Excuse me Miss?" I think I jumped a good 10 feet. I turned around in somewhat of a shock and it was a young man... No more then 30yrs old. He asked "Do you have the time?" A lot of people who walk up to you while delivering papers usually want 1 of 2 things money, or a paper. He just wanted the time.

I looked over to my mom who was parked literally right beside me so in full view, with the door left open. She didn't look like she heard so I asked her and she looked confused but told me "It's 10:30...?" The man thanked me and started to walk off. I got in the van and my mom asked me who I was talking to. I told her the man who wanted the time. She was very adamant that there was no man. I looked out the window and pointed at him. She still didn't see him. I went to point at him again and he was gone.

I don't know why he wanted the time time, if it had significance to him or what. My mom thinks it's a spirit who needed to know the time because that's the time he died.

He was not threatening in and way. He spoke quietly and was quite thankful. He was clean shaven, gave off a very kind vibe.

Mom and I gave him the nickname 'Mr. 10:30' because it was exactly 10:30pm and October 30th. 10/30.

Other hauntings by TJYAKI

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TJYAKI, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TJYAKI (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
babygoatpuller,
Thanks for reading:).

Sheetal,
I think you may be right.

UlvenNixie,
Like I said he didn'tfeel threatening in any way and also being approached was a very common thi g delivering paper. Mostly homeless people asking for money for food. Every now and then someone wanted a paper.

Sds,
Thanks for the comment. I read your story, its very similar. I wonder if my "Mr 10:30" has asked others for the time as the man did in your story.
For as long as I can remember I have been able to see and hear things. Though in the time after my brother passed I think I have subconsciously put a block on that part of my brain? I haven't seen or heard anything since.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
Hi TJYAKI, nice story. I had an experience about an old man asking for time. That was years ago and I shared it in this site "The old man on the road". I was reminded of it when I read your experience.

I think you are sensitive to hear, see the spirits. Quite a nice experience and as Miracles said one of the best paranormal experiences. Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
ulvenNixie (13 stories) (39 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-10)
Hello TJYAKI! That was nice of you to tell him the time. I bet it was scary to be approached like that, especially when you were in an area that made you nervous to begin with.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-10)
Hello, TJYAKI... This is short and scary... I think it was just a wandering spirit and he was need to be seen by only you
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
TJYAKI--I have always assumed it was the spirit of the man drawing us to his grave. Just as a sort of acknowledgement but your comment has me thinking. I suppose it could even have been a living family member of the man thinking intently about his passing on the anniversary that drew my wife and me to his tombstone. All I know for sure is that there was no woodchuck burrow by that grave!
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
This was delightful TJYAKI. The 10:30-10/30 aspect of it makes it even better.

Thank you for sharing it. 😊
TJYAKI (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
Miracles51031
Thats why this story is so easy to remember. The timeing of it. Its happened a lot where I have seen things that my mom didn't. Sometimes I would say just from her position the person or thing was clearly out of sight. With this one there's no way that she could have missed him.
Thank for reading


Gelflingfay
I think that you are right. I think he did just need to be seen, by someone. I not only happened to be there, the date was important to me also. Its a "gift" I cherish.

Manafon1
I loved your little woodchuck story. Do you think that it was the spirit of the man drawing you to his tombstone? Or do you thibk it could have been something else that knew this man needed a visit?
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
Hi TJYAKI--Really enjoyed reading of your experience with the ghost of a young man asking you the time. It is common for one person to see a ghost while a second person does not. This aspect pops up time and again in documented ghostly encounters.

Many years ago my wife and I decided to take a walk through a huge local cemetery as it was a beautiful day. Near the end of our leisurely stroll both of us saw what we both assumed was a little woodchuck (or similar small creature) scurrying into a burrow pressed right up against a tombstone. Our attention and curiosity stirred, we walked over to the tombstone to look for the hole the little guy had disappeared down. There was no such burrow and we looked at each other with surprise. Almost as an afterthought we glanced at the face of the tombstone. The man whose marker it was had died that very day ten years earlier!

Similar to the young man in your account, I believe my wife and I were drawn to the tombstone to acknowledge the anniversary of the man's death. We both then did just that.

Thanks for sharing your extremely interesting encounter with a mild mannered and soft spoken spirit.
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
I think that he might have just needed to be seen. And perhaps by you because the day was special to you. It seems to make it more significant to both of you some how. Like he had to deliver " a gift". Symbiotic some how. Like Clariance in 'It's a Wonderful Life". He had to help George so that he could get his wings.
I don't know. It just seems mutually beneficial somehow. Anyway, way interesting birthday present.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
TJYAKI - that is simply one of the best ghost stories I've read in a while. What fascinates me about it, other than you clearly seeing him even though your mom didn't, was the fact it was 10:30 on October 30th, and it was your birthday. Very, very fascinating 😊

Thank you for sharing this. I really enjoyed it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: