You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Lafayette Hotel Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Lafayette Hotel Ghost

 

I was traveling on business and made a reservation at the Lafayette Hotel in Marietta Ohio. I knew nothing of the hotel or its stories and past. Only that it was old and kind of cool.

My room was on the 3rd floor and I had to go through a winding hallway to get there. I'm a light sleeper and woke up at 3AM when the room suddenly became very cold. I could actually see my breath and thought that maybe the air conditioner came on. I checked and it was off.

I went back to sleep and was laying on my stomach when all of a sudden I felt a weight on my body that pushed me into the mattress. I couldn't breath and I couldn't speak. After a minute or two the weight was gone. I checked around the room and nothing was there.

I went back to bed and then there was a loud knock on the door. I looked in the hall and nobody was there. When I walked back to my bed there was a hard rap on the window. I looked through the curtains and saw that nothing was there and I was four floors up. Nothing happened the rest of the night.

The next morning at breakfast I was telling my colleague what happened and the waitress asked what I was talking about. When I told her what room I was in, she asked if "it" sat on my chest. I said no, it was on my back. She says I must have been on my stomach and that happens all the time. I was freaked out and throughout the day, people at my show told me their stories.

I talked to a woman at our office who went to college in Marietta and when I mentioned the Lafayette, she said "oh yeah, it's the most haunted place she's ever been too".

If you're not afraid, stay there and see what happens.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TimB60, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

karine (6 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-10-23)
Hi there. Would like to speak with you about your experience. Could you please contact me?
Thanks,
K
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
SDS, I agree the concept of 3:00 in the morning as the witching hour is bogus. But paranormal activity is just as likely to happen then as any other time of the night.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
Goggzy, thank you. I should have thought of that. I should not YGS before my daily dose of caffeine.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
Thanks Rook for your clarification. But still I have a feeling that I read about this hotel/story in this site. But can't say for sure. So you feel that way?

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
Rook

That does seem to sound correct in the Lafayette, can't really remember the hotels to much as we did 2.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
sds,

Oh, Oh I can answer that one...

In some cultures they count the floors as the Lowest Floor being the GROUND FLOOR, then the first floor, second floor, third floor...ect...which would place our O/P on the 'forth floor' or four stories up.

Hope that makes sense.

As for the '3am thing' I agree, there is no such thing as a 'Witching Hour' however 'modern POP culture' and Hollywood has managed to convince enough people that it exists that it's a real uphill battle to convince people that its BOGUS.

Respectfully,

Rook
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
Hello TimB60, I don't believe in the 3 am stuff. It is not true. By the way, you stayed on the 3rd floor but you said you were 4 floors up. It doesn't add up. And what you might have had was sleep paralysis that is all. Other things infind it hard to believe.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Goggzy (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-12)
Mimi

I am 99.7% sure that the Lafayette has a ground floor then first, second etc.

Tim
Can I ask which side of the hotel you were in as we did catch some evidence from what I believe was your floor.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-12)
Tim, your experiences were interesting. I think the rap on the window was meant to leave no doubt what was happening was paranormal.

I would like clarification on one thing. What did you mean when you said you were four floors up?
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-11)
Tim

I have actually been lucky enough to stay and investigate Marietta and there was not any any evidence from the third floor. Every other floor was busy with evidence. Most of our evidence cane from the second floor.

When we were there it seemed to be residual as we were catching the same voices in more than one building.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
TimB60, that's a scary experience. Thanks for the warning! I prefer to avoid haunting experiences (ghost hunter I am not). It must have been great hearing confirmation from so many others about your experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: