You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Taking Care Of My Daughter

Real Ghost Stories

Taking Care Of My Daughter

 

My daughter is a care worker, looking after people in their homes after illness or just due to old age. All are in various states of health but she enjoys her job and is very involved with her clients, often doing little errands or taking extra time to read the newspaper headlines and have a little chat after her work commitments are finished.

She rang me a few weeks ago to tell me she was going to attend a funeral of a client she had always had a bond with. The gentleman would often tell her stories about his military career, offer advice and generally acted like a grandfather figure to her. In particular he was always telling her to "lock your doors, it's not like when I was a lad!"

On the day of the funeral she was surprised to see another family member there afterwards (an in-law by marriage). It was then discovered that the deceased was this person's uncle, making my daughter distantly related to him. She was upset by his passing but said it was nice to have discovered this as, even if they hadn't known it at the time, he was taken care of by family at the end.

A few days later she went shopping with her flatmate and returned with heavy bags of groceries. As they entered the flat her roommate dropped the keys while juggling with the bags. They left them on the hall floor and took the heavy bags straight to the kitchen. After putting away the shopping, the roommate said before they prepared a meal she would just run downstairs to get her work uniform from the car and went into the hallway.

She then called to my daughter, who was still in the kitchen, asking her why she had locked the door and where had she put the keys? My daughter came to the hallway and said, "How can I have done that when I was with you in the kitchen?"

A frantic search ensued for the keys as the key ring also had car keys etc on it. Fifteen minutes into the search they were no closer to finding the keys and starting to panic a little bit. The roommate walked into her bedroom and sat down on her bed, nearly in tears. As she did she heard a noise, looked and saw the keys in the middle of her bed! Panic over, they began to wonder how this had happened.

They had left the keys on the hallway floor, they had been together in the kitchen, no one else lives with them so couldn't have entered unnoticed, picked up the keys and locked the door with their own key on their way out. They could find no logical explanation.

Then my daughter looked at her friend and said, "I have a feeling it could be H****. He always told me, "Lock your doors, it's not like when I was a lad!"

Maybe in some way H**** had found out he was related to my daughter, albeit distantly, and came to remind her about being safe!

Other hauntings by Angelkiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Angelkiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-09)
Aw,this time he was "taking care" of her. Such a lovely story. 😁
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Macknorton- Agreed! 😆

Mhannerism- I have to admit she does seem to be more vigilent about it now!

Thanks for all your comments guys! 😊
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Angelkiss,

Great account! H knew that your daughter don't pay attention to most important reminder so he himself locked the door! 😆 😆

Thank you for sharing!

Take care,
Mhanne ❤
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Yes, I've discovered you're damned if you do and damned if you don't when it comes to parenting! 😆
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
My daughter is the same! I get the rolling eyes and a " yes mother!" whenever I talk about safety, eating right and other " boring" subjects! 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
I don't know about your daughter, but there are days mine would probably take advice like that before she would mine 😆
Angelkiss (7 stories) (46 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Hi miracles
I agree, for whatever reason, it was nice to think he had taken the time to check on her and give her a gentle reminder about her safety 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Angelkiss - whether "H" realized he and your daughter were related, albeit distantly, or he just had developed a deep affection for her, I see no reason not to believe he was trying to help keep her safe. Great story, thanks for sharing it with us 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: