You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Ghost Attack

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Attack

 

First I'll start out by telling what I believe ghosts are. I believe that they aren't spirits who are trapped between dimensions, or have some unfinished business. I think that once a person dies, they either go to Heaven, or to Hell. And when they're in Hell, I think it's possible Satan sends spirits back to Earth for one reason or another, whether it's just to frighten us, or harm us, or just to make us question our faith. So, now that that's out of the way, here's my story.

One night, I was sleeping just fine, but all of a sudden I snapped awake. I didn't move for a second, wondering why I was awake, and wondering what time it was. So I rolled over to see what time it was. As I did that, for a split second I saw a large white thing, not really any particular shape. It was there for not even a full second and then it moved out of my field of vision.

Now, before this, there had been other less important encounters, which I've told my mom about. My mom had always told me that in the Bible it tells us that Satan and demons can't read minds, so you have to actually say something to get them to leave, like "God protect me", so as soon as I saw the thing, I tried to say that, but as I opened my mouth, I felt my whole body become paralyzed.

It was like something had grabbed me by the neck and my body went numb. It felt like that feeling you get when your foot is asleep for so long it starts to hurt, except for me, it was all across my body, and I wasn't able to move.

So I tried to say something, but I could only hear myself gasping as I tried to say it. I tried again and got the same result, but the third time, I was able to say "God protect me" and it let go. My whole body felt relieved and I could move again. I turned on my light and just sat there praying for half an hour, and (in my opinion) God granted me protection and comfort, so I felt relieved, and was able to go back to sleep with no further encounters that night.

In case anyone was wondering, the time was around 3AM. I can't remember the day or month, but it was this year (2007), and no more than 5 months ago. We are the first people to live in this house, and it was constructed 7 years ago. There had been less significant encounters before this happened.

Basement Drawing But, unfortunately, it didn't stop there. Last week, on Nov. 10, if I remember correctly, I had an encounter with what I believe was the same ghost. I was in my basement, which is set up so that when you're watching TV, you're facing away from the wall that separates the living room, and the workout room.

As I was watching a movie, I glanced into the glass front of the cabinet next to the TV. It reflects the end of the wall separating the living room from the workout room. When I looked, I saw a white thing retreat behind that wall. (Thing is the only way I can describe it. I wasn't able to see it long enough to get an idea of what shape it was.)

Again, I said "God protect me" and stood up and started upstairs. I looked back and in the middle of the living room, I could see something standing. Well, not see it, because it was clear, but it was almost like fog or steam. Like the air was distorted, but it was (more or less) in the shape of a person.

So I hurried upstairs and told my mom and she felt freaked out too when she heard it from me. She actually got mad and said "I'm going to go give it a piece of my mind! I'm mad", so she went downstairs and yelled "get out of our house!" and she found that the door was open about 2 inches, and it was closed when I was down there.

I've been wondering why a ghost would be in our house, and why it would be bothering me specifically. I also would just like to hear any comments anyone has on the story. Thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, knucklesfan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shadow16 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
I wish you all the best, and I hope things get better. Please keep updating
chiara6821 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
Me to. I was attaked a week ago my book shelf was falling on me books were hitting me it was awfull.
alsia (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-31)
Yeah same thing is happening to me. Just like you, I feel like something is holding me down, my body feels paralysed and as hard as I try my body won't move and my voice won't come out. I mostly feel the pressure on my kneck, waist, and wrists. The importance in that is that I almost feel no pressure on my legs and absolutely none on my toes. In order to regain control of my body I move my toes, why it works I don't know. But, hey try that. Although a word of advice, sometimes I'm really tired and after regaining control I go back to snoozing, that leads me back into the same situation, so I recommend when regaining control do something active like turn on the light so you don't go right back to sleep. Oh and also since it's my body I make sure my mind knows it also, so when she takes over I first try and regain my thoughts, with my thoughts I interact with her like a normal person that pisses me off, with me I cuss her out. Cussing may seem out there but for me it helps me treat her not as a ghost but like any other person. Hope this helps you.
luke8 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
on the part where you where saying it stopped you from moving try thinking it that should work id be scared to death! 11 😨
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
Oh, how sad for you to have such a view of ghosts. I just do not understand how someone could see a white (as white is the color of purity, is it not?) mist and naturally assume that it is evil. Is not a substitute word for pure, innocent? No wonder your first experience was a negative one. I am not saying that all ghosts are good, please do not misinterpret that, but they are not all evil either. It would appear, by the information afforded us, that the personality that we live with, we also take with us in passing. Most generally we do not hear that an insanely evil person becomes a docile being in the after life. At least, I have not heard it yet. Thank you for your story. I do hope things are easier for you to manage.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Cool story. The diagram enhances its authenticity because, to me, it reflects (pardon the pun) a sincere desire to be understood. Kudos to you, Knuckles.

I will, however, weigh-in heavily on your assertion of what ghosts are. To be sure, there is simply not nearly enough empirical evidence to divine what these things/experiemces are. It's not a good idea to pigeon-hole this stuff. Your view, while respectable, will not apply to all cultures. For example, many religions do not believe in our idea of heaven and some do not believe in Hell at ALL. Buddhists and Jews, for instance, would not be able to subscribe to your view of what ghosts are for these reasons, yet thousands of people in both cultures report paranormal experiences. For this reason, a self-ascribed definition of the supernatural will not work. I, too, do not know what these things are, and for that reason, I do not try to. I simply aim to report the facts and let them speak for themselves. Otherwise, it just cheapens the experience.
Rosemary (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
I published a story on
http://www.trueghosttales.com/stories/four-spirits.php
Some may want to read if you haven't already visited the site which tells about a possession I am still dealing with.
these Spirits are right now writing through me and they allow me toget only 3 or four hours of sleep and I have to get up because of the pain they are causing me to force me out of bed.
When they walked the earth three of them were my realtives and one was Dr. Stergio Nicholas Petas of Sylvania, Ohio and I am hoping by publishing his name he will leave my body so he doesn't have to deal with the reaction of his family members on Earth and in the spirit World.
When Dr. Petas walked the earth he was a Psychiatrist and says he didn't believe these kinds of stories and no one will believe me and so far he is right.
When Dr. Petas walked the earth he was a handsome greek, but once he died and the pretty body was stripped away I know now underneat it all was a mean, vicious petty man like many abusive men we meet in human form.
Rosemary (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
I would just ask everyone here, what do you think about my post about my personal experienes with Spirits.
I know I may be butting in but as we all know its hard to get people to read and believe in what we are saying but we also know that most people here are posting about their own experiences and we all know how some people treat us when we relay those experienes.
I am writing truthfully just as I am sure everyone is and we will learn from each other by posting our own experiences.
ritasilvera (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
Ghost Attack

Hi I'm Rita, well to my assumption it does seem that your house indeed is haunted and also that God is protecting your family also. Many people are susuptable to these encounters just as you can say that they are chosen for it. You did mention that it left a grip of you when you said "God protect me" so I feel that you need to bless each and every corner of your house that should help get a priest and do so. If you have so done so then you need to hold your ground and tell the entity that you will not leave and are not scared and that they need to leave as this is your house if the attacks continue then its time you take some action. Try this out. First bless your house I suggest its a must. In case you have more encounters and don't wana share it online you can write to my flaviaroma20 [at] hotmail.com
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
I think maybe it's so attached to you is because you can see it. Like the ghost is trying to tell you something... Sometimes having a experience can be confusing, but I would do research on the house as well as the land, and maybe it is trying to connect with you for some reason. I'm sorry I can't be much help, but maybe if you find out what the history is that may be able to solve the reason why this "ghost" is bothering you. Good Luck and God Bless ❤ ❤ ❤
knucklesfan (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-18)
Hey! Thanks for all the comments! I just wanted to say that I'll try some of the things you've suggested, like asking nicely to be left alone, or researching the house. Also, I would like to say that my encounters have taken a different tone. Now, I believe, the ghost is taking my set of car keys from my bedroom table. I won't be able to find them for a day or two, then I'll come home one day to find them on the hallway table, and it's always the same spot. This has happened a few times already.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
My repsponses to this story will be opinionatted and simple:

I completely disagree with your opinion of what 'ghosts' are. There are many, many layers to life and death, these layers are mentioned in the Bible and in many other ways in many other faiths.

There is evil and good in the paranormal, just as in life.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was negative, not all of ours are. You can check on this theory, read some of the other posting and stories on this site.

Maybe a little more research and education into the paranormal would be healthy and helpful to you, this may also assist you in getting past your neagative encounter.

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
Hi knuckles. I'm sorry your experiences were bad ones for you. I don't think all ghosts are evil or sent from hell. I'm thinking maybe your first experience was sleep paralysis. Is it possible that your belief that all entities are evil put you in that frame of mind, so that's what your feelings were based on?. I'm not sure what was going on in the experience you had in your basement. I don't know why a spirit would have to use the door. Maybe once again your frame of mind had something to do with it? Thanks for sharing your story with us.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
Whatever was in your house sounds like it is attached to the property since it is a new house. You should try and get the history on the property. It doesn't matter how old or new a house is. Ghosts and spirits are everywhere! I know how your Mom felt. I get scared and that wears off and then I get mad but I NEVER yell at them to leave! Whenever I feel something is in the room or feel like it's touching me or whatever they are doing to scare me, I just say, "Please go away, I'm not in the mood and you are scaring me..." Whatever it was eventually goes away. Try that as the first resort, if it gets worse or you realize that it's something that is negative and is not willing to go away when you're being polite then I would do the 'Smudge Ceremony' in your home. Well you can do that anyway for your peace of mind if you're really worried about this thing. Thanks for sharing your story!~Shelby ❤ 😊
Rosemary (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
The mere thought of the spirits of the dead or ghosts terrifies most of us.
Everyone believes that when people die they either zip off to heaven or hell.
I know from channelling for Spirit When people die their spirits with all its intelligence both good and bad goes to the Spirit World and they are free to roam about doing whatever they choose, and some are bad and some are good.
Just as some people on earth are good and some are bad and when spirits contact us we have to discern how are they behaving towards us and what are they saying, and or asking us to do.
Are they being nice or are they trying to frighten us and tell us bad things to do or are they nice spirits telling us good things?
That is how we know what kinds of minds we are dealing with in the After Life.
I believe in God and I am in contact with good spirits, but I have also had some bad experiences with the spirits of my dead realtives who don't like the way I lived my life after they died and they are mean to me.
Just wanted to tell everyone what I believe so we can both communicate with the good ones as Psychic Channells do but be able to tell the ones we don't want to talk to to go away.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: