You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Stultus Est Sicut Stultus Facit

Real Ghost Stories

Stultus Est Sicut Stultus Facit

 

I was twelve when I first when to a trip with my father to Rome. I remember that my father was always telling me that this old city is full of ghost stories. I can't remember all but almost every spot we went, and he will tell us a ghost tale or a ghost rumor about that place. My father in a cafe located in an old building fooled around and said, "Diabolo, I wonder how many men had died here, and how many ghosts are still around smelling the coffee beans every day!"

I heard a whisper at my left ear going "Exite!" in a deep low voice. I turned around and thought my father had played a trick on me and so I said "Stop that! It's creepy!" and I hit him on his shoulder. My father laughed thinking that he had got me with the Latin phrase "Diabolo" which means Devil. I asked my father what he meant by "Exite" my father raised his eyebrows and said "Ha! Good one, go away huah?" I did not understand at first since I still think that his was playing tricks on me.

Suddenly my father turned to me and said "Where did you learn that?" I asked back since I did not know what was going on "How do you mean? Now, did the ghost whispered to you?" My father knew that I did not know any Latin words or phrases at that time; he became quiet and fooled around less. I finally asked him what happened and he said "You know what? Somebody insulted me in Latin." I laughed and said "I am going to insult you if you keep on doing it..." than I heard the whispering low voice again going "Stultus...est scut... Stultus facit..." I told my father I don't speak no Latin and stop whispering to me that way, my father repeated the phrase, "Did it go "Stultus est sicut stultus facit, in a deep voice?" I said to him it sounded that way but in a much deeper voice.

My father paid for the coffee and the food we ate while I sat there and waited for him. My chair shook strongly, and made me fall. I thought it was an earthquake; my father ran to me at once and told me that we are leaving that building at once. I asked my father what did the phrase meant and he told me "That really meant something like, Stupid is as stupid does".

Now that I think of that whatever or whoever that was, how insulting it is!

PS I googled some words up so it might not be accurate, please correct me if any of you know that the phrase is wrong.

Other hauntings by GoldenDragon1984

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Italy

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GoldenDragon1984, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-20)
AlexZernov
Thanks for commenting!

"Were you scared after you realised that it was indeed a spirit speaking in your ear? Have you wondered if your father said or did something to make that spirit angry/emotional in some way that it has asked you to leave? "

Well, I still are not sure until this day, but thinking back my father would not be able to sneak behind me so sudden.
Just my opinion, my father fooled around and had told me so many "fake tales" about the ghostly Rome, so probably because of that the spirits had become emotional, just my opinion.

"...was it the presence of your father who knew a lot more than a common man would know about spirits, made the spirit uncomfortable in some way. This is a very small incident. But it opened up to a lot of questions. Would you be able to give details?"

Well, my father was not a gifted person, if you have misunderstood, he loved to scare me and my mother with his ghost stories, and he studied Latin in his university for his Linguistic course, that's why he knew some Latin, he is not that superior, just a normal person.

I am trying very hard to be detailed already, yes, very questionable in many points, I don't remember bringing any stones with me or drinking any water from a wrong spot. I knew... I mean my father had told me "stories" about those and had made me avoid doing those things. One point is that the building where the café was is nearby a cemetery park, it was not creepy at all but as some people may consider it might have been some random spirits warning my father not to bluff about spirits. Sorry I could not give any more details than this...

Rome indeed is mysterious in many ways since its a very ancient city.
AlexZernov (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-20)
Zeromaru...Were you scared after you realised that it was indeed a spirit speaking in your ear? Have you wondered if your father said or did something to make that spirit angry/emotional in some way that it has asked you to leave?
Or was it the presence of your father who knew a lot more than a common man would know about spirits, made the spirit uncomfortable in some way. This is a very small incident. But it opened up to a lot of questions. Would you be able to give details? Rome and Latin are a subject of deep interest for me and for many people on the site. Any information you may provide will be helpful to understand
Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-18)
sds
Thanks for commenting!
Latin words are very hard to understand sometime...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-18)
Hi Zeromaru, thanks for sharing your experience. Quite weird indeed and the words spoken in Latin, kind of warning. It is a good thing that your father decided to leave the building after the words were spoken and the experience of your chair shaking.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-18)
Macknorton
The Japanese cymbals were Koide sorry lol
Can't even remember the names lol
Zeromaru (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-18)
Macknorton
Thank you lol
I now owns a set of TRAPS drums with XIST hithat and a few Japanese cymbals, handmade Kohde I think? They came in a set of 2 Crashes (8,10) and a China (20).
The drum set was from a recycle shop, so cheap that I nearly thought that it won't work, surprisingly the snare rocks!

Sorry no spirits or ghosts involved, oh, the Hard Rock Spirit is here 😜 lol
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-17)
Ha ha! Hi Zeromaru.

Damned "Latin for Dummies web-site"! What I was trying to say was basically, what kind of drum kit do you have? I'm a drummer too! And your stories are getting better!

Regards

Mack
Zeromaru (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-17)
Macknorton
Thank you for commenting!
I translated...

The nature of the drum kit you have from me, and the drummer!
By the way, your stories gain so much better!

Wow, really? Thank you very much!

Mhannerism
Hi!Thank you again!
No, most of them could be explained, but you know when thinking again, sometimes your mind make things up.
My first experience really effected a lot in my life since I know that this world do have spirits.
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-17)
Zeromaru,

Don't worry about the minor typos!
Wow I just realized you've had soooo many experience! 😲
When I saw the title of the story, I subconsciously knew it was Latin because I had this urge not to read it and I don't why Latin words scare meeee! 😨
The spirit must have gotten irritated by your father! 😆
I'm with Heaven, if you stayed, it might do something scarier than whispering and shaking your chair just to make you leave!

It's surprising with all those experiences, nothing has attached itself to you.

Take care!
Mhanne
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-17)
Hi Zeromaru!

Qualis tympanum ornamentum habetis Et tympanistam a me!
Viam fabulis vestris acquiritis melius!

Regards

Mack
Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
heaven_of_ash
Thank you for commenting!
Wow! Really? Will that harm me in any way if we stayed?
heaven_of_ash (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
"Exite" actually means "Hesitate" and in some ways "Stultus est sicut stultus facit" can mean "
She makes you stupid, You are stupid" If that's any help. Maybe whoever was speaking to you might've wanted you to leave. Your father is a smart man.
Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
"I was twelve when I first when to a trip with my father to Rome."

Sorry typo miss, its suppose to be...

"I was twelve when I first went to a trip with my father to Rome."

😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: