You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Relatives

Real Ghost Stories

Relatives

 

I posted couple of stories before as Cholulteca but can't figure out my password, Anyway, English is not my first language so please excuse any grammar mistake.

I was reading a story about a child that sees her relatives and that brought memories of my own experiences with family "encounters", some are my own personal experience and some are my children's.

When my father passed away, he wanted his ashes to be scattered in the Ocean. Well, we didn't live that close to the ocean so I planned it to be a family trip/vacation for me and my children (Cancun to be more specific). That meant keeping the ashes at home for 3-4 months. These were kept in a little "shrine/table" in my living room, the backyard faced the closest wall to the ashes. During those months my children had several experiences:

1- My son says he saw a shadow one night and that it "sit" on his bed which actually gave away - he was soo scared, he tried waking-up his sister (they slept in the same bedroom when little) but she didn't wake-up. Eventually he felt asleep under the covers.

2 - My daughter was in the backyard and she claims to have heard music (like 40's music) coming out of the house. Of course WE don't play that kind of music, but my father loved it and used to dance to its tunes:)

3 - We all experienced electronics turning on at random times, but they will not only turn on, they will turn on full blast.

4 - I had a dream I was looking from one of the second floor windows and there was a party with a bunch of relatives (this was a backyard party with chairs, food, music, everyone all merry and happy), and I was bit ticked off because I hadn't been invited. I remember thinking to myself, "Ok, I will show up and act like I am not hurt." So off I went and was greeting them all, my grandma, uncles, aunt, Dad... Then I realized... They all have one common denominator... They were all DEAD! I was so scared! I woke-up, phew...!

5 - Last thing before we granted my Dad's wishes was that a cousin of mine came knocking one day, saw a shadow (the main door is one of those that have ornamental glass on the main door, you can see someone is there but the glass is different colors, not transparent) so she saw someone coming, stand by the door and then retreat without opening the door.

My cousin had come because she was going to drop something. Since nobody opened, she left it by the window. My housekeeper (remember this is Mexico where many people has domestic help) she came back from doing groceries, found it and brought it in. Later when I arrived I told my housekeeper, so "E" was here, and she responded "I don't know, she most have come when I was doing groceries, I found the package under the window." So later that day I called my cousin to thank her for bringing it and she said "Well, your housekeeper was very rude, she left me standing outside so I had to leave the package by the window." Huh...? "What do you mean?" "I saw her (shadow) coming to the door, she stood there for a moment and then left without opening the door"...hhuuhhh!?..."Ok, sorry about that cous, I will talk to my housekeeper, thanks again for bringing the package"...uh? I didn't want to scare my cousin but I knew there was no one home from my conversation with the housekeeper earlier...

Thankfully once we scattered the ashes nothing else has happened:)

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chapulin1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chapulin1234 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-26)
Hello Lady-Glow, yup, that is the one, looking forward to hearing from you! 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-25)
Chapulín:
Yo estoy en "súper natural BC"
Aún usas el correo electrónico de tu perfil de Cholulteca?
chapulin1234 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Hi Mhannersim,

Thank you for your comments:)
It stopped once we fulfill his wishes and scattered his ashes in the ocean, 😁 which made us very happy, I don't know if we would have been able to take any more ghostly activity, relative or not. 😜
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-20)
Hello, Chapulin

May I ask when did this stop? I myself at the age of around ten was the time I was really terrified about ghosts so I can't blame your son about being scared!

My reaction about the fourth one was "OH MY GOD! 😭 "
Now you know why you weren't invited! 😆
Maybe he just wanted to make sure you fulfill his last wishes until he goes to the other side.:)

And the grammar was not bad!

Great accounts!
Mhanne ❤
chapulin1234 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-18)
Gracias!

Calamity:

Thank you for your nice comments about my English, I try my best 😊, My son was 9 or 10 back then and he told me he was very scared, I think my Dad just wanted to say "hello" but my son wasn't game for a visit 😜, my relatives (the ones alive and kicking) were against his wishes, which I found crazy (WTH!?)...maybe he just wanted to be sure I do what I was asked to do.

Lady-glow: Me encantaria!, donde vives?, yo estoy en Mississauga, very close to Toronto, 😁 ojala podamos estar en contacto!

Saludos everyone:)
Calamity (2 stories) (53 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-18)
chapulin,

I enjoyed reading your post. It does indeed seem like your father was hanging around and making his presence known. I can imagine how terrified your son was though to have him sit on the bed! It's nice to think of him at peace once you scattered his ashes.

Thanks for writing. By the way, your English is very good and your grammar is better than mine! 😊

Jane
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-17)
Muy interesante!
I guess your father just wanted to be sure you would fulfill his last wish.
Your dream about the "party of the departed" was creepy but sweet, I hope the other side is like that and we can enjoy a never ending good time around our loved ones.

Thanks for sharing.

Al igual que usted soy una mexicana viviendo en Canadá. Le interesaría entrar en contacto conmigo? 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: