You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Gold Coast Activity

Real Ghost Stories

Gold Coast Activity

 

I have always been sensitive to the, for lack of better term, paranormal. My parents have numerous stories of me just stopping in random places and having conversations with people who are not there, and working in an older (30+ years) aged care facility I have had more than my share of experiences.

But the only time one has EVER frightened me was in the town house on the Gold Coast, Queensland my family and I moved into in 2014. Within days of moving in my daughter, Ivy, who was 2 at the time began talking to someone she called The Man, though on several occasions she used the name Michael. I think my other daughter, Lily, who was only a few months old at the time, could also see him as she would always be staring at the empty spot that Ivy was talking to, but as she was so young I am unsure. On occasion he would allow me to see him, usually whilst I was reading a bedtime story to Ivy or sitting with her while she fell asleep.

The first few months he seemed harmless and as he wasn't causing any mischief we just left well enough alone. But after maybe 4 or 5 months Ivy didn't want him around anymore saying things to me along the lines of "I don't want The Man in my room, Daddy, can you sleep in my bed with me?" This concerned my wife and I a bit, but what could we do? Not long after this it's my belief that he started to push Ivy out of her bed. Ivy is small for her age, has a king single mattress which she sleeps in the middle of, and doesn't move around much after she falls asleep, but as many as 10 times over the next 3 months we'd hear a loud thump and then her crying. After I fitted a safety rail to the bed this stopped, but within days small to medium sized objects would be moved around in her room, and never anything that Ivy could have reached always on the top shelf.

Things of this nature occurred regularly until we moved out in September 2015. Once he actually realized we were leaving (thankfully after my wife and daughters were out of the house) he got angry! Smallish items would be thrown across rooms, boxes toppled, he made a general nuisance of himself.

Once the move was complete I had 5 days of cleaning to get everything done that needed doing, and I was sometimes the alone all day. During daylight hours he was almost behaved, though if it had a lid I had to seal it or he'd spill it everywhere. But once the sun set he would make his displeasure felt, stalking around the house radiating negative energy and pushing me on several occasions.

It wasn't until the last night of the clean that he truly scared me. On a side note, I'm just under 6 ft tall, 110 kg (240 lbs) and have 12 years martial arts training. I don't frighten easy and he scared me stupid.

I'd left a couple of cleaning items behind by accident and had 2 or 3 last cleaning jobs to attend to and, as I work night shift just around the corner, I thought I would pop in before work and get it all sorted. I arrived shortly after 9pm and as I pulled into the driveway could clearly see him standing in the window of what was Ivy's room. After I had opened the garage door the inner door to the house opened all the way then slammed. I was only in the house for 25 minute, but in that time he manifested as a shadowy figure, solid as you or I, 5 or 6 times, slammed the oven shut on my arm and tried to push me down the stairs twice.

Thankfully he never made the trip with us to our new house and I am pleased to say in the 6 months we have now been here, there have been no unexplained activities, and my daughter has not mentioned The Man once.

Other hauntings by Tbeartuff

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tbeartuff, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

L_Melb (220 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-24)
Hi Tbeartuff,
Thanks for sharing- this kind of thing would have me wetting myself!
So glad the move has put distance between your family and the particularly rude "man"
All the best, L
Tbeartuff (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Sorry poppycock it was Nerang but I would love to see you post your experiences here
poppycock (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-21)
I had similar experiences to this as a child, this wasn't in Labrador was it?
Tbeartuff (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-21)
DandK, I tried a few times but he had no interest in communicating with me. I would try after I saw him so I knew he was around but nothing. I considered using a medium or spirit board a couple of times but couldn't afford a medium and spirit boards well... No thanks. And thanks Mack.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-20)
Tbeartuff, great story, and I'm glad it has a happy ending! I don't know how you managed to put up with his harassment. By any chance, did you talk to him while you were there?

DandK
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-17)
Hi Tbear - thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed your recount. This chap certainly sounded like a nasty piece of work. You handled the whole thing with impressive courage. May I commend you Sir, on your balls of steel!

Regards

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: